• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine and Immodium

I know of one person on here who went into precipitated withdrawals when they started 48-72 hours or something she their last dose. The reason behind this was because of a whoops extremely long Half-Life and even though they took it at most once a day maybe even every 48 Hours the dose is would stack without them knowing it because they've never knew how much was staying within the blood-brain barrier or how much was being pumped back out after passing through. That combined with the excessively long half life is a recipe for disaster. Taking lope for recreation or withdrawals is extremely dangerous and nobody should be doing it. The only reason to take lope is to stop the shits.

^^yep, everyone is different, I was fine dosing my Sub 60hours after the HDL.
I'm in good shape with a really fast metabolism so those are some variables to pay attention to personally..
Also I don't have the lope stacked up in my system as you mentioned. It was a one time thing to hold me over until I dosed my Sub again, specifically for saving Sub doses..
I don't get high, it was for maintenance, so I had no withdrawal until my next Sub dose

If you are dependent on lope you absolutely will have Precipitated withdrawal from bupe in my experience.

I went into PW after SL sub, IV sub, and snorting sub. All of these occurring more than 24 hours after taking my dose of loperamide.

I only ever managed to get off lope from being in the hospital for a couple weeks after experiencing cardiotoxicity.

At high doses of lope it is shockingly similar in just about every way to methadone including how long you would have to wait to switch over to subs.

However, I've also experienced that taking very large doses of lope after precipitating withdrawal trying to switch from h to sub cured the PW and was actually my go to method for switching over until the switches started getting harder and harder until they were too hard.

My doses of lope to maintain or switch over were high (400mg+) so people taking other doses may have different experiences.

^^^yowsers, 400mgs of lope. Do you catch a buzz at all? Or just need that much for maintenance and switching as you described? I'm just curious, I've only ever done 96mgs at once

I joined the site primarily to give my experience with lope (and detailed it in my first post) so I'm excited to see posts about it. I worked up to 400mg over time but took that much and occasionally more daily for several years. I could take all 200 pills at once -- sad that this was a point of pride for me...

I caught a buzz but it was more for maintenance than anything. The buzz is better than codeine in my opinion, and I would go as far as to say that if you have a tolerance that allows you to get high on methadone you could get high on the right dose of lope. Definitely has more side effects than other opioids (blurred vision and dry mouth especially).

I don't condone the use of loperamide after what health problems it has caused me but there's a lot more to it than most people have experienced.

^^^yea.. well that's alright, I just use it for maintenance myself, but only here and there, between doses of Sub, to save my Subs up, or withdrawal relief after month long binges of my DOC...
The only codeine I've ever liked were the 100mg codeine contin , usually a few at a time with some booze, other than that not a huge fan....not a hater... But not a fan

Ok...so...
..a little update that may help some people...
....I pretty much replicated what I did last week...and I did not experience that 45min of weirdness I experienced last week, when I dosed my 8mg Suboxone sublingual roughly 60 hrs after the HDL, so I'm not sure what that was last week...

....A number of factors can be brought into play though, diet being one of them. I did not record what I ate either times, so i cant say for certain , and my diet will vary from week to week, day to day, other factors to include would be metabolism, which ties into what you have eaten, and how many calories you've burned, how much water you've drank, I personally drink pretty close to the same each day, as I just finish the same size jug everyday,..
how much you've perspired, how much sleep you have gotten, and as well your state of mind at the time of dosing your Suboxone.... there is probably others as well....like how much sun you have gotten, how many cigarettes you've smoked...
....and to be honest, last week at the time of dosing my Suboxone , I was pretty hungover from excessive alcohol intake, so.., for me anyways, ...that very well might have been what made me have that feeling after dosing my 8mg Suboxone sublingual roughly 60hrs after a HDL last week, because this week when I dosed my 8mgs of Suboxone roughly 60hrs after a HDL I did not experience the same thing, and I wasn't really hungover....

....well, wasn't to hungover anyways...

I hope this may help some people

That is awesome you are documenting this! Very helpful indeed :) thank you.

Please forgive my memory, but would you mind explaining in a bit more detail about how you have/are working HDL into your opioid use/maintenance?

^^^no problem at all, I will contribute any info that pertains to the topic of this thread, it may shed some light onto some things for people, and help reduce any harm or uncomfortable feelings that one can experience...

...basically, I am using HDL as part of my ope maintenance regiment...
...so I can save my Suboxone, I guess essentially for a rainy day , so to speak...
...so by taking HDL in between Suboxone doses, I am essentially keeping my buprenorphine tolerance to a minimal, and combined with the HDL and how both buprenorphine and the HDL is dosed, IE. Once in the day, it helps my mind kind of reset the reward pathways in my brain, it takes away that intense craving for that quick hit, if you know what I mean....
...essentially my brain and body get used to not needing that quick hit to feel good, I feel normal all day, and eventually my brain will forget about how slamming something quick is the only way to feel good, I mean , I obviously still remember how good it feels, but it breaks that habit...
...and I'm not sure of which or who did a study on habits, but I think it takes like 60 days of not doing that habitual thing, to fully reset that mental obsessive need to fulfill the habit, I will look for sources on that and post them....

And Im not getting to complicated really, like say.... if I dose my Suboxone on Monday morning, that night before I go to bed, basically when I'm falling asleep and the candles have been put out, I will do a HDL, and wake up feeling fine, I will save and skip my dose of Suboxone that day, and actually I have even went two days without dosing Suboxone because of HDL, so it's all good essentially, .... I save up doses, I'm not getting fully saturated with bupe, so my tolerance is down, also withdrawal symptoms are not as extreme or long, and it helps with breaking that habit....

Now , I don't do it too often, HDL is not healthy to do regularly, these past two weeks was kind of a one time thing as I was curious about that 45 minute weird feeling I had the first week, so out of scientific curiosity I used myself as a test subject....
....I would like to think, for better of mankind, ha
***DISCLAIMER*** ****I AM NOT AN ACTUAL HERO, I JUST PLAY ONE IN REAL LIFE****

...ah jeeze, sorry, I be goofin'

Anyhoo, I'm a really healthy person, with a fast metabolism and I do eat nutritious food with lots of water and vitamin and mineral supplements...

So please keep that in mind if/when you are thinking of HDL and referencing the info I have posted on here, as your body may be drastically different in some or if not all personal aspects, for better or worse

Sorry for the absence. I would also like to update. Upon taking lower doses of hdl I have for the most part completely avoided the complications I was experiencing before. I have made a conscious effieffort to take smaller doses and less frequently. That said, Ive had some pretty intense chest pain lately and gave in today, going to the ER to get everything checked out. Im starting to think that the withdrawal symptoms i had was mostly due to the chronic high dose of lopermide as well as the IV route bupe. Im waiting literally as I type this for results on my heart but I can say it doesnt feel good.

I hope that everything is OK...

.....Let us know the results of the test, if the information is documented here, it may help others in the future

Well...I guess another entry to add...it may help.... I hadn't done HDL in a couple weeks....took 120mgs of lope last night at 10pm, grabbed my dose of Suboxone today, which has now increased to 10 mgs and I had no ill effects whatsoever.... So the lope was completely out of my system, so I consider the HDL a one time thing this time, nothing lope wise lingering in my system and took 10 mgs of Suboxone less than 24 hours later and experienced no bad side effects....

...so...just to add some info... Hope it helps