• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupernorphine and chlonodine

I swear by clonidine for opiate withdrawal. Often I have to taper down from one med to a lesser one, and I take either half or a whole 0.1mg catapres. When I was on Suboxone I took clonidine both times. One sub experience was in rehab when I barely needed the 1 week weaning in rehab, but a friend who was pretty far up there with methodone told me he finally slept...slept after I gave him a 0.1. a few years later I had to get off methadone. My family doctor happened to be prescribing Suboxone. He gave me clonidine right off the bat. When my asshole psych took me off xanax, he put me on four 0.1mg a day. I sure as $# needed it too! That restless leg and constant writhing of your muscles in withdrawal from opiates and benzos is what the clonidine made a lot better for me. I have somehow always managed to have a refillable script when the worst withdrawals have hit me. When I was on subs for a couple years, I had a clonidine script starting out from the same doctor. I trust that doctor. I keep them in my box now because I never know when I end up in early withdrawal because my doc didn't send my meds on time.