• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupenorphine dosing and questions

Shatter

Greenlighter
Buprenorphine dosing and questions

So my cat got spayed and prescribed Buprenorphine, a fairly large ass bottle too.

My cat is very tiny, likely won't need a lot of it, and I don't want it to go to waste.

Buprenorphine is opiate, correct? I am just asking because I know it is used in withdrawals and it does something to the opiate receptors. Does
this affect the high? I am male, approximately 128-130 pounds. Is it correct that I should feel .3mg - .5mg? And is it correct that it should last approx 20 hours?

Besides occasional usage of 20-40 mg of hydrocodone in the beginning of the school year, I have not used any opiates in over 6 months so I would consider myself completely opiate intolerant at this point.

20 hours seems like a nice time, so what say you? Would this liquid be best absorbed under the tongue?

Thank you for information and/or confirmation, and I'm very excited because I don't have access to opiates and I thoroughly enjoy them very much.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Don't take your cats meds to get high your kitty needs it for pain..... It won't get you high either especially at that dose.

It does make me wonder how you keep it under the cars tounge or other words prevent the Kitty from swallowing the bupe so out can sublingual absorb? Unless their metabolism is different allowing oral use.

Like I said, my cat is so small it will not have finished the prescription when it's no longer in pain, since it's dose is so small. As far as how cats injest it sublingually, I am not sure. I was looking for advice on if .3-.5mg will get someone relatively naive to opiates high

Last edited:
First off, bupe' is a very strong opiate, about 8 x's.the strength of Heroin, opiate naive people should avoid it. However if you're going to take it, less is more when it comes to bupe'.. it has antagonist and agonist properties.. lower doses are more likely to produce agonist effects, while higher doses are more likely to produce antagonist effects. (.1-.3mg is a good starting dose. Iv) The duration varies from person to person, to put it into perspective, the half life of bupe' is 36-72hrs, opposed to h or oxy which is usually about 4hrs

- Hopeless Soul

If you are opioid-naive (dont take/haven't taken opioids in a long time), 0.3mg buprenorphine most definitely will get you fucked up.

Hopeless soul I notice more and more careless harmful posts from you. Don't suggest to IV to someone who is OPIATE NAÏVE.... Seriously what the fuck?

I don't deny you might feel it at 0.3-1 mg sublingual, but only do it after your cat has finished the medication if you are.... Plus you can always get a different 1-10 ml oral syringe from a pharmacy to measure it in one container. Still I think you would be better off obtaining poppy seeds and if you think you're not old enough to do that you definitely aren't old enough to start using opiates

lets put it this way, many of us maintain on dosages of .5mg or less sublingual each day that have been heavy IV heroin users for years, so yeah .3-.5 will get you high.

Thank you everyone. I realize it is very potent and my cat is definitely done with the meds, it's been a while. With that said, I will try it out and see how it is. The length of the high is what is attractive to me. I do not intend to IV as I am not experienced with IV and I will most likely fuck it up and waste what I have. Also, as brought up I am considering poppies but gotta make sure I do it right haha and it might be a bit till I can get the right seeds.

But anyhow, thankies!