• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe ROA, half life, and not sure IV even works. And the blue mystery pills.

R117329

Greenlighter
So, I wound up on Subutex tabs because I had gotten back in to the damn opiate habit after 8 years of abstinence, after Vicodin script for a procedure. I had no clue that "blues" (Roxy) or Oxy were about impossible on the street to find anymore, and were being counterfeited. WTF!? I found a few Percocets, and then landed what I thought were blues, til I ate one and nothing happened. Then snorted half of one, and about passed out and puked. It was good though, but not like Oxy. Whatever it was, the half-life was literally like 30 minutes. When I tried to quit, I had 1-2 hours before withdrawals started. I started waking up every 2 hours withdrawing!!! I assume it was fentanyl or one of those opioid analogs compounds that don't really have a name. It landed me at the doc which got me on the Bupe because I couldn't afford and continue waking up every 2 hours to snort. And of course I could not resist bupe the wrong way when stress got to me. My dose is very low so I still feel a little from them every time I take them. I have not developed a tolerance!

Anyhow, I am beginning to wonder if IV even works! I've posted about there being no rush before recently, but I have a noticeable difference snorting vs. shooting. I almost cannot even tell I have shot, whereas I feel it a lot when snorting or even plugging. When I shoot more than I insufflate over a day or two (I snort daily at least once), my bowels start moving more often, withdrawal symptoms creep back a bit. I have seen conflicting ROA half-life reports and such suggesting longer half life for absorption methods over IV, and no difference. I seriously wonder if the tablets have some kind of a way of preventing the solubility of the Bupe in the water. It does not make sense that IV does not provide the same effect as insufflation.

They work fine. Less is more than with bupe, so that could be it

I think this graph sums up the difference between i.v. and other RoA pretty nicely
ImageDownloadService.svc

It does not make sense that IV does not provide the same effect as insufflation.
Hi R, bupe is limited in its standalone effects, but add some weed and the synergy makes the weed way stronger in a good opiate way. No sense in chasing the effects via IV or snorting, you prob just end up with endocarditis or a weird nose infection, not to mention the high from snorting isn't good. You blast off, but you feel unstable later.

Why do you think this is though? Is there any evidence to back this up?
In my experience, at low dose it works good and feels kinda speedy. In higher dose of 8mg, I feel high, but sedated. Must add weed.

I believe that the most likely issue at hand revolves around the unusual pharmacokinetics of Buprenorphine. Others have mentioned the "less is more" quality of Buprenorphine. If I'm not mistaken, lower dosages stimulate the Mu receptor, but when larger doses are taken, the activity at the Mu receptor is overtaken or whatever the word is.

It's presumably because buprenorphine is only a partial agonist. This means that while it has high affinity for the mu-opioid receptor it has only limited intrinsic activity, like 30-50% of a full agonist iirc.
Imagine this:
100 mu-opioid receptors
with a full agonist like morphine all 100 receptors are activated 100%
with a partial agonist like buprenorphine only 30-50 receptors are activated while the others are in an inactive state, thus can't be opened by a full agonist like morphine or endogenous opioids, like endorphine (in this case the partial agonist acts as an antagonist)

This explains two things:
Precipitated withdrawal -> you're used to all your receptors being fully activated, now you take a huge dose of bupe, binding to all receptors, but only 30-50% get activated, while the rest is inactive, but can't be activated by other opioids leading to withdrawal
Less is more -> this is more speculation that what I wrote before, so this might be wrong, but I think in case of a low dose not all receptors are satiated with bupe, leaving room for your endogenous opioids to bind. With more all receptors are satiated, but not fully activated

So, I wound up on Subutex tabs because I had gotten back in to the damn opiate habit after 8 years of abstinence, after Vicodin script for a procedure. I had no clue that "blues" (Roxy) or Oxy were about impossible on the street to find anymore, and were being counterfeited. WTF!? I found a few Percocets, and then landed what I thought were blues, til I ate one and nothing happened. Then snorted half of one, and about passed out and puked. It was good though, but not like Oxy. Whatever it was, the half-life was literally like 30 minutes. When I tried to quit, I had 1-2 hours before withdrawals started. I started waking up every 2 hours withdrawing!!! I assume it was fentanyl or one of those opioid analogs compounds that don't really have a name. It landed me at the doc which got me on the Bupe because I couldn't afford and continue waking up every 2 hours to snort. And of course I could not resist bupe the wrong way when stress got to me. My dose is very low so I still feel a little from them every time I take them. I have not developed a tolerance!

Anyhow, I am beginning to wonder if IV even works! I've posted about there being no rush before recently, but I have a noticeable difference snorting vs. shooting. I almost cannot even tell I have shot, whereas I feel it a lot when snorting or even plugging. When I shoot more than I insufflate over a day or two (I snort daily at least once), my bowels start moving more often, withdrawal symptoms creep back a bit. I have seen conflicting ROA half-life reports and such suggesting longer half life for absorption methods over IV, and no difference. I seriously wonder if the tablets have some kind of a way of preventing the solubility of the Bupe in the water. It does not make sense that IV does not provide the same effect as insufflation.
Completely agreed! I've been prescribed subs off & on since 2016 and 100% get way more bang for ur buck intranasally vs legit ANY other method and I've tried them ALL. I was so excited to get my rig and IV a way and legit felt NOTHING. But some close friends tell me it messes them up more then anything. I will say this and Drs even agree the key to Subutex Induction or just general consumption is this, "Less is MORE" with this tricky guy. It's like no other AND obviously safe practices goes without saying as there's no coming back from sub overdoses.

When I was on buprenorphine/naloxone (suboxone) I tried every ROA and found snort was best. Not for harm reduction obviously...

Oral BA is 10%
Sublingual 30%
Intranasal ~50%
IV 100% (of course)

I found that 0.5mgs does the job and I felt high indeed. But you can keep dosage low as you want, but one day tolerance will knock the door and you have to increase the dosage (if you're chasing an high) til the moment that bupe reach the "roof effect", saturating all your mu receptors and can feel an high anymore, no matter how much you do.

That's my experience with it. I also bang those couple of times but definitely not worth the risks. No rush at all.

I was snort those to use less and save bupe for dark moments, til the day I flush in my toilet 14 pills and 2500mg of methadone. Fu*k that shit...

I was on and off, jumping from subs to methadone for years and now I'm sick of it. I relapsed this summer with oxys, now I took on average 60mgs daily (not bad from my previous 650+mgs daily) and I prefer facing withdrawal instead of a maintenance with those stuff.

BTW don't IV them, sublingual works but I can't wait 2 hours to reach the peak, especially when I was working on mornings and I had to wake up hours before to be functional. For that reasons I snort them, I used less and feel the effects within 30min.

Im not advise any misuse of the drug, just explain my experience and reason behind it.

Greed 420. You banged .5mg Bup? What?? I try to not be rude and stay in my lane, but, come on. Aint nobody going through that whole process for some .5. LMAO. Please keep it honest. Thats not even harm reduction. Because now you're gonna have some poor sap sticking theirselves 3-4 more times.
You're either a liar, an attention seeker, or a cop. I'm gonna hit 8 right now and get some groceries.

And to anyone thats listening that needs real help. Dont snort that stuff. Its comparable to a bean/roll/x whatever. Not worth it. SUX.

Take it like it says if you're not sure. Go to an NA meeting, meet some people, ask around about how they did it face to face.
Dont trust some of these people on here. They dont care and laugh at others misfortunes.

Unless, you find the good ones. There are some VERY knowledgeable people here. But it takes time to sort through all the BS people put out these days.
Remember PLUR........We're still here....

Last edited:
You're either a liar, an attention seeker, or a cop. I'm gonna hit 8 right now and get some groceries.
hey now you don't know that for sure. you should really be careful giving advice like that in a harm reduction forum.

sure when I'm taking my subs as prescribed regularly, and decide I wanna get high, I'd have to do a 8mg shot minimum. but when your not used to bupe, it. an be very strong. I almost ODd on 3/4 of a Subutex once after not having done anything for a while