• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe maintenance for 3 weeks. (16mg) Has my heroin tolerencd dropped?

Codex23

Greenlighter
Title sums it up. Anyone that knows this?
Planning on using tonight. Can i take my same heroin dose as before?
Or has the tolerence dropped and i need to start low to avoid OD?

Assuming the heroin will be the exact same as it was before (quality)

Way to hard to say. Plus it's never safe to take to not take a small test dose first even if you think it is the same heroin youve gotten in the past,to easy to od.

And do you really want to risk slipping back into heroin? I'm assuming this is your first time on maintenance but even if it's not it's not worth the risk of getting of going backwards. Plus you would have to wait some time to take your bupe again to avoid withdrawals which I'm sure your aware of. Either way be careful and at least start small.

Ive got like 60 sub 8mgs...so its much easisr to pick up a bag, and get into WDs mildly, knowing i can just take a sub and be fine. Its probably not worth it but I am going to nonetheless...

Of course i will test, just wonder does bupe maintance cause heroin tolerence too drop or not? Thats all...in general. Like if someone took bupe for 2 years, same dose since they quit heroin...

I put assuming the same quality to, meaning like, theoretically. I just cant find anything on it at all anywhere.

In general bupe will not cause your tolerance to drop it's an opiate too which you obviously know, taking one opiate in general will not cause your tolerance to another opiate to drop, unless your taking a lower dose/weaker opiate to what you were using before. I guess the only way to know 100% would be to send in and get your heroin tested then look up the conversion of your known heroin purity to your bupe dose to see if your on a lesser amount of bupe.

I know your just asking if I'm general if bupe drops tolerance but in a way it's the same as asking "Will heroin still get me high after taking 16mg of bupe for 3 weeks".

I guess it comes down a quality and tolerance.

Maybe someone else has a better answer I myself just got on subutex maintenance about 3 to 4 weeks ago.

No. In fact, your tolerance for opiates in general is probably even higher, but don't take this as permission to take your old dose. It's still wise to start with a lower dose. It's like checking to see if a gun is loaded before putting it to your temple and pulling the trigger.