• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe BUNAVAIL (bupe/naloxone buccal strip) anybody else been prescribed it? Questions

smadak

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've visited the site. I finally went to the doc to get a legitimate prescription for subutex, or even suboxone, which I would have settled for as well I guess. However, he prescribed me a "new" bupe medicine called Bunavail. Apparently it's got better bioavailability, what with being absorbed through the cheek, so a 4mg strip is the equivalent of 8mg of suboxone. But the naloxone dose is lower, with the 4mg strip containing 0.6mg of naloxone.

So anyway, I've been on it for about 4 days now and I HATE IT. I am having the worst experience with this crap. The nausea and headaches I'm getting from it are unreal, but the bupe dose is barely enough to keep the withdrawals at bay. Doc has written me a scrip for 14 days, and I don't even know if I can make it that long with taking this... (I'm wondering if I have a naloxone sensitivity, because this strip does only have 0.6mg of naloxone compared to suboxone's 2mg... although i don't know what naloxone's bioavailability is buccally vs sublingual...)

Other problems with it: it takes like 40 fucking minutes to dissolve, it tastes awful (weird minty flavor...) so, yeah. Even if I had no crazy bad nausea and headaches, the administration is very unpleasant and time consuming and difficult.

So all in all, this is my experience with Bunavail. Has anybody else been prescribed it yet? I really want to hear other people's experience with it, I can't really find much online I guess because it is so new (less than a year old). Also if anyone has any advice on dealing with this crippling nausea that happens when I take barely enough bupe to keep me out of wds... I'd appreciate that too.

Yes. Im on it as well. It took about 10 days and a few screwed up films to get used to it. Still not impressed with it though.
I used Suboxone subL and IV for 2yrs and I wanna know if anyone has figured out how to (sucessfully) IV the Bunavail films ?

I was also IV'ing suboxone strips before I got this appointment, and that's exactly why I tried to make this appointment, so I could get some subutex and take it like I'm supposed to... I was tired of IVing those strips.

But about IV'ing the bunavail--my doc of course immediately told me not to do that since he knew I was IV'ing suboxone strips before this and might try it. Usually I'd think, "pff okay whatever" and dismiss the warning, but his reasoning kinda has scared me. He said because it's got an adhesive chemical on it that sticks to your cheek, trying to IV it has a p good chance of causing a pulmonary embolism.. and honestly I don't doubt it, what with how gummy that shit is in your mouth. Prob would be a difficult process to extract the bupe. I am just curious about it though, also.

Also, update: called my doc about my nausea, he said there's no way in fuck it's the naloxone and basically that I must be doing it wrong... he said the whole thing should dissolve in 20 minutes (HA.), and I must be swallowing bits of it... (I'm not..) He also said there's two layers to it, the medicine and the "bilayer" which stops the bupe and nalox from coming back into your mouth, and that this layer should be spit out after 20 minutes regardless. He was like, doesn't it say that in the medicine literature you got? No doc, no it does not...

So how is your experience with dissolving it (in your mouth)? How long does it take? Does it all dissolve, or do you spit most of the leftover gunk out after a certain time? I will say I spit all my saliva out this morning instead of swallowing, and I'm not as nauseous... but my head still hurts like a bitch. UGH I just want subutex.

My doctor mentioned this crap to me, apparently it does disslove faster and you are able to drink aftwerwards instead of having to wait 30 minutes to drink/eat...no thank you, will just stick to the strips, would get the generic pills but there honestly isn't that much of a price differnce it seems. If only they would just givre Subtex, I remember the first day I took my first strip...it was awful!!! I got the worse migranie/headache from hell that was making me physically sick and I looked awful, seriously the worst headache of my life, I was thinking if it's going to this to me there is NO WAY I could take it, was curled up into a fetal postition on my lunch crying. But all these different things coming out, I wish they would just give us Subtex, I mean everyone knows now the naloxone is pointless, and Subtex is soo much more cheaper it's not even funny. Even a Subtex strip also should be made, no nalaxone,

Hey man yea u can bang em all u have to do is place it in a spoon medicine side up and squirt ur water in it and as soon as u do use ur plunger to scrape the medicine off the plastic side of the bunavail it comes off pretty easy and then take ur finger and remove the plastic then u can use a mooch or I have found u don't have to either way ur gonna have alot of nasty shit left floating,either way im not saying its safe this way but it works there's alot of shit in alot things we shoot, also I don't lie to add heat as it makes the mixture cloud up and I feel llke im about to bang duct tape, again I can not stress this enough BC I know someone will say something but im not saying its safe im saying u can bang it
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've visited the site. I finally went to the doc to get a legitimate prescription for subutex, or even suboxone, which I would have settled for as well I guess. However, he prescribed me a "new" bupe medicine called Bunavail. Apparently it's got better bioavailability, what with being absorbed through the cheek, so a 4mg strip is the equivalent of 8mg of suboxone. But the naloxone dose is lower, with the 4mg strip containing 0.6mg of naloxone.

So anyway, I've been on it for about 4 days now and I HATE IT. I am having the worst experience with this crap. The nausea and headaches I'm getting from it are unreal, but the bupe dose is barely enough to keep the withdrawals at bay. Doc has written me a scrip for 14 days, and I don't even know if I can make it that long with taking this... (I'm wondering if I have a naloxone sensitivity, because this strip does only have 0.6mg of naloxone compared to suboxone's 2mg... although i don't know what naloxone's bioavailability is buccally vs sublingual...)

Other problems with it: it takes like 40 fucking minutes to dissolve, it tastes awful (weird minty flavor...) so, yeah. Even if I had no crazy bad nausea and headaches, the administration is very unpleasant and time consuming and difficult.

So all in all, this is my experience with Bunavail. Has anybody else been prescribed it yet? I really want to hear other people's experience with it, I can't really find much online I guess because it is so new (less than a year old). Also if anyone has any advice on dealing with this crippling nausea that happens when I take barely enough bupe to keep me out of wds... I'd appreciate that too.