• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buccal Fentanyl Usage (Apotex vs. Mylan)

bayinc

Greenlighter
First off, my tolerance to get high is approximately 30mg Oxycodone, which is equivalent to about 45-50mg of hydrocodone. I have access to both 75mcg Apotex and Mylan fentanyl patches. I've tried using 1/4th of the Apotex patches by putting it in my mouth buccally, I don't chew it. The duration I kept it on for was about an hour and a half. That amount would barely get me buzzed. I looked up and did some research online and many other people agreed and said that Apotex patches were indeed garbage. I've now gotten access to Mylan 75mcg fentanyl patches and am looking for advice on how to use them safely. I did an online opiate conversion from 30mg Oxycodone to fentanyl trans dermal and the conversion said 12.5mcg. 75mcg divided by 12.5mcg is 6, so that would mean I cut the patch into 6 pieces which would mean 6 times of buccall use. I'm looking for advice and feedback on what the difference between the Apotex and Mylan patches will be, and whether I should just go straight to 1/4th of the Mylan or to cut it back to 1/6th, or maybe even 1/8th as I've never dealt with the Mylan and don't know how much more potent they will be buccally. I'm also wondering what the difference is between buccall use of a fentanyl patch and the difference between chewing a patch. Thank you in advance for the advice and feedback!

Those tan apotex ones are the worst I ever had. The clear ones are better. They discontinued my favorite ones in 2013 :(
Which led to a monster h habit

But to your questions--I cut a 75mcg or a 100 mcg in 8-10 pieces. The 75 were slightly smaller so those I usually cut into about 8 pieces. Sometimes 9. I didn't cut it all up at once cause it is very easy to lose those small clear strips. My old house probably had at least 4 of them floating around that straight up disappeared without a trace. So I would cut off a strip about 1/8 of the patch (cut vertically)

It is better to let the piece sit in your gum, like tobacco chewers do. After at least a half hour your can chew it up. I have chewed it like gum til it disappeared. However really, most of the fentanyl comes out in like 15 minutes. I say this because any time I put a piece in for 10-15 minutes then took it out and tried to reuse it was almost useless. The ones I used to use absorbed very fast buccally. That's how my tolerance went up so fast.

What was your tolerance with other opiates if I may ask? It'd give me an idea for comparison. Also, when I do put it buccally I generally put it on my cheek, not under my tongue as if it was a suboxone strip or chewing tobacco, so that confuses me a little bit when it comes to how are you supposed to use it buccally.

Looking for some more opinions and advice if anybody out there would like to share!

Mylan are better, but don't stick well compared to Apotex. I'd wear it...3 days is solid.

I'm more interested in buccal use at this point. I'm not patient enough to wait for the patch to kick in transdermally.

Ii used to put it against my lower gum on the outside (not under tongue that just sounds uncomfortable!!) I used to let it sit in the front lower part like behind my lower lip. That's what I meant by ppl with chewing tobacco ( who kind of sit it behind their lower lip but in front of teeth). That's kind of how I determined the cutting size too--too big would go up on teeth which doesn't feel great.

When I started using fentanyl I didn't (at the time) have a big habit at all. Was doing maybe 25-30 mg a day of oxy. That's why when I first tried to wear a 75 mcg I got really sick after like 8 hrs or so. (I think I said that in the other thread about fentanyl where I was responding to pillman the other day sorry not in this one. But anyway...) I had previously had heroin habits on and off but had been clean for almost 9 years before starting the oxy again

However after about a year of messing around with buccal use of patches (I loved the sandoz brand and they abruptly discontinued them in January 2013), I had the equivalent of a heroin habit where I was doing over a bundle of heroin a day, and usually 5-7 bags in a shot. Or when I tried to detox fentanyl before the patches discontinued I was really sick and tried to take some oxy to take away some of the dope sick and I took like 120 mg of oxy and it barely took away the wd.

I had started using pieces of the fentanyl patch cause at the time they were too much for me to wear. I got really really high off small pieces at first. The 8-10 piece recommendation is what I did when I had a decent opiate tolerance. If someone had no tolerance I would say cut a 75 into 10 pieces and then halve those and take one. I switched over to fentanyl because at the time I was on parole and couldn't give a dirty urine. And i really liked the sandoz ones. I had tried others, like I said those tan ones were garbage and the small clear ones were ok--maybe about half strength of the

If you regularly take other opiates, take a piece of the 75 mcg (about 1/8 to 1/10 of it) , put it in your gum, let it sit awhile like around a half hour. Could do more if you want, but then chew it up. That gets anything left. The sandoz you didn't have to--it all came off very quickly (which is probably why they were so abruptly discontinued). But for others the matrix isn't so forgiving so chew it. I have also heard for some that you should swipe your gum first with isopropyl alcohol. I have never needed to do i dont know how that is

Thus far my experience with the Mylan patches have been similar to the Apotex. I cut the patch into 1/4th pieces, and then put one piece buccally on my cheek. I leave it there for 1 1/2 hours and then proceed to chew it at the 90 minute mark. Around that time I'm finished with the patch, but I still barely catch anything like a buzz.