• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buccal Admin. of Fentanyl patches (Mallinckrodt)

StaffWriter

Bluelighter
Now I know that this is a subjective question and it varies from patch to patch but how long can you use a fent patch (mine is a 25mcg Mallinckrodt) when you use it buccally? I want to know if I could place it between my cheek and gums for about 3 hours tonight and possibly have enough in there for another 3 hours or so tomorrow morning. Now I've been abusing fent patches for almost a decade so I have a very good tolerance so that's not going to be an issue. Just wanting to see what people's opinions on how long the Mallinkrodts actually last when they are subjected to saliva. Thanks.
SW

You shouldn't really use it orally as it contains enough medication for 3 days. Everyone is different and regardless of your tolerance you may never known when enough is enough.
If you have such a tolerance why are you using 25 mcg? (Not trying to judge at all, just to understand)

. Now I've been abusing fent patches for almost a decade so I have a very good tolerance so that's not going to be an issue.

Dude. Very high tolly. When I wear a 100mcg, I don't even feel them anymore. I cut a 25mike yesterday and felt it but didn't get quite to where I want to be, but I wasn't paying any attention to how long it lasted because I just chewed it up after a while. Trying to make this one last a bit longer if I can.

I've never really gotten any euphoria out of fentanyl. It´s a great painkiller sure but a big problem to deal with eventually.

I definitely have that big problem on my hands. I went to the methadone clinic to get straightened out come to find out they never find Fentanyl in my system.....NEVER.

When I used to cut up sandoz ones and put a strip against my gum I'd guess by the time an hour had passed there was nothing left on the piece

But sandoz were great for being absorbed almost immediately. Truth is I'd bet had I taken it out after 15 minutes all of the fent would've been absorbed. I left it in for an hour on the "not wanting to waste any" thought. But by an hour, it was most definitely used up

And I hear you about the clinic. I was using patches back when I was on parole for that reason, they don't show up in any normally administered drug test

The Mallinckrodt patches seem to last a good 8 hrs buccally, I swear. The 25mcg is not quite enough but the 50's are perfect. As far as mylan is concerned, they kick in hard and last about 3-4 hours and then it's gone. When I wear the gels, I would take them off around the 60 hour mark, fold it up and have the inside part of the patch against my gums for a good 5 hr high and then poke many holes in it and let the gel ooze out and get into my system. That part lasts about 2 hours.

The high would last for hours. But I meant as far as being any difference on what was left on the patch, it didn't matter if I chewed it up after an hour or let it sit for 3. Either way, I got a quick hard hitting high that lasted a few hours.

I tried a few times putting it in my gum for like 15 min then taking it out then trying to use it again and there wasn't really anything left cause I didn't get anything out of it the second time

Those sandoz were by far my favorite opiate. But when they discontinued them I ended up on the equivalent of a lot of dope just to not be sick. I remember detoxing the patches one day and took 90 mg of oxycodone and it barely took away the wd. So I know I was getting a lot of fentanyl released at a time. Kinda glad not to be able to get them anymore. I could get other patches but they never did it for me

Hey I'm in a bit of a pickle...i take med for pain and I just got a 25 mcg fent patch made by apotex...I usually take 100mg of oxy bid...so should I take the whole thing an chew it or just half...

I have a 50mcg apotex patch and 1/3 was a good place for me. My tolerance is similar to yours.
So I'd say a whole is too much. But you could try it and just take it out if you start to feel overwhelmed.

Be careful usining these patches buccally! I almost fell out a couple of times while chewing tiny pieces . Breathing slows waaaay down, sweating perfusely (pouring off/outta me ) nodding etc. Shit is dangerous.

IIRC aren't the Mallinckrodt brand patches the kind that have the thin adhesive on the back attached to a flimsy translucent piece of plastic?

IME, I think the Mylan (gel) patches are best for recreational purposes (with whatever recreation/pain-relief you find in fentanyl).

The Mallinckrodt patches I literally had to chew on for some small euphoria.