• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Bruising from heroin injecting.

I've noticed I only typically bruise if I 'dig around' after missing a direct line of attack. Digging around is a common practice (changing the needle facing and location without pulling it out and re-puncturing the skin a second time) and a lot of HR materials recommend doing it as an alternative to re-puncturing with the same needle, but it's fucking awful for you and I wish people would just pull out, apply pressure, backload a brand new syringe and try to hit it directly again without digging. Not everyone has access to enough needles at once to sometimes use two or three on a single shot, but if you have that ideal cheap supply most of us do, you can afford to backload a new needle or two to get off one good shot without collateral damage.

I do have problem veins like I think most people do that react a little differently, though: one bruises much more readily than the one on my other arm, and one of my median cubitals has a localized histamine reaction every time I put anything in it, resulting in a little rash on the top of my skin that lasts for days :/

Regarding the lost arm, people who favor sites that much are really missing out on half the fun of being an IDU: finding new veins all the time and rotating as many sites as possible :p

lol thankyou:) i don't really dig around cuz for some reason it grosses me out hahaha. i think it might have just been dull needles and missing

Smaller Gauge needle might also helps. It doesn´t have to be that long or big to get the result. I use 30G 20mm for arms. I don´t shoot legs anymore - ever. Though in my profession it sometimes might be much convenient because I need to use T-shirt a lot and bruises at armpits won´t be that prettu sight for my co-workers and/or to my family. Trying to quit that habit.. It´s hard though. I still inject something while I know that doesn´t be enough substance or something like that - won´t be that much price for the effort and harms possible.

Don´t inject - even the first time is addicting. It´s not even all about that rush but the doing that it self. Cooking the dose, cleaning and preparation, finding right vein and place, try to hit it and get to shoot all at the same time nice and slow with - well, the great high if it´s supposed to become.

-Hooddood78

Last edited:
I have a gnarly bruise caused from missing a cotton shot into a small vein on my lower thigh. It was OK for a few days then this bruise starts forming. It's gotten bigger and darker. first blue then purple and now black spots forming. It was horribly painful for a couple days but today isn't quite as bad but the black color is worrying me it's not hot to the touch and just a little swollen, but there does seem to be a lump near the center that is more swollen and most painful spot. Any thoughts?

I bruise easily and the first couple of weeks when I started on the needle, my arms were pretty bad from missing and stuffing around. Once you get the hang of it, use a new sharp EVERYTIME, it will lessen unless you miss which everyone is bound to do. Taking arnica straight after will lessen bruising too. On the flipside, it would be better not to become and expert and put the needle down; its such a slippery slope. I haven't touched a needle for 17 years and still think about it most days.

I have a gnarly bruise caused from missing a cotton shot into a small vein on my lower thigh. It was OK for a few days then this bruise starts forming. It's gotten bigger and darker. first blue then purple and now black spots forming. It was horribly painful for a couple days but today isn't quite as bad but the black color is worrying me it's not hot to the touch and just a little swollen, but there does seem to be a lump near the center that is more swollen and most painful spot. Any thoughts?
It could be infected. Go to the doctor and have it checked

Hi guys, I've been an on again off again heroin smoker for a while now but only just recently started shooting it up. Ive kinda got the hang of it already so im not missing as often but why do i have a small bruise around the top half of my forearms with some discoloration around it which also seems to be spreading ??? the bruise itself doesnt hurt so bad, it just feels like your typical bruise. So Why is this happening and do all beginners usually have these same problems as me ??

Im not sure exactly if this is the spot to ask questions, since im new to using this forum or anything like this so yeah.please let me know if im at the wrong spot lol.. I would appreciate some insight into my enquiry thanks !