• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Brugmansia (angel trumpet) - First Time - Horrible trip.

Horrible trip?

I hope someday, all BL members realize that blaming a drug is really pointless. The bad trip caused by any specie of Brugmansia is due to lack of knowledge. Can't u at least do some search about the dose specially u use it for the first tirst time?
Even u have to explain what encouraged u to do the drug that is known to be "poison" while it really isn't.
U say it was offered by a friend. He probably told u the effects but did he tell u about the safe dose, side-effects and what to do when u accidentally take more than the recommended dose? You were probably too young and ashamed/afraid of consulting someone. So being young is the kind of excuse tat i can understand and refuse to complain. Sometimes i feel like i am the only person who loves deliriants (to combine with narcotics)

Deliriants produce NO EUPHORIA. PPl like me who enjoy being in a delirious state are... rare find. Even shamans/mayan ppl were aware of the difference between psychedelics and deliriants. The cocktail they used to make was actually a combination of Ayahusaca, Syrian rude, deliriants and some unknown plants that might make the shaman sick for a few days.
most shamans were not looking for fun. The body of such spiritual ppl were strong enough to tolerate the side effect of hallucinogenic poisons.
They were NOT looking for fun. They used to mess with deliriants mostly during rituals because a strong deliriant substance like datura or henbane make it easier to perform rituals and get spiritual power to get from sacred items/objects that u may find i on the table of their altars/templates.

Dedicated to my friends @The Wizard of the Creek, and @the_void

Yeah, growing in almost all asian countries, as well. My advice is: keep ur children and pets away from the datura plant also known as jimson weed. No offensive but calling this sacred plant "devil's apple" is really... shameful. Deliriants arent for everyone. The more u take, the worse u feel. Im really glad that they are legal in almost all countries, easy to find. I no longer consume on daily basis because Datura's effects at high doses las longer than 48 hours, Impossible to work while being in delirious state.

Last edited:
i had a friend who took datura once and was never the same ended up triggering schizophrenia and then he went off the grid. As a teenager I considered taking brugmansia briefly but it has always been my habit to thoroughly research any substance before consumption and the report I read about a guy who took brugmansia (could have been datura same diff) and ended up cutting off his tongue and dick with garden shears (they said he would need therapy for the rest of his life and I’m like, no shit Sherlock) put me off, forever lol

I do find it interesting that there are so many recurrent motifs throughout peoples experiences; talking to dead people or friends who aren’t there, smoking cigs or joints only to realise they don’t exist etc

It is really fascinating the similarities, really bizarrely similar in fact. But so often the experiences are harrowing/unpleasant and it is very dangerous, and you have virtually no control over yourself whatsoever. Because of this, I will never try it.

When I was younger, one of my friends died after drinking Angel Trumpet tea. He started seizing up and then had a heart attack. This was after another friend and I had drank a batch. I saw lots of very creepy imagery; huge spiders, snakes, dead people(zombies) with gaping wounds and a bunch of other stuff that I have vague memories of... Thank God I had a sitter and slept off the 2nd half because my other friend got separated from us and wound up on a bus to Disney World, where he walked around a resort taping strangers on the shoulder because he thought they were his parents to ask them for the keys to his room that didn't exists. The staff eventually got him restrained and sent off to the hospital to get his stomach pumped.

It was a dark and disturbing experience that I have had no desire to repeat in the 25+yrs since it happened.

@somnilicious that disneyland story is legendary

Your mate dying however, is not. RIP

Thanks for the condolences. Drinking Angel Trumpet tea became extremely popular during the early to mid 90's with teens in Orlando. There was a lot of hospitalizations, news reports and a few deaths. They are very common ornamental trees in Florida.

Thanks for the condolences. Drinking Angel Trumpet tea became extremely popular during the early to mid 90's with teens in Orlando. There was a lot of hospitalizations, news reports and a few deaths. They are very common ornamental trees in Florida.
I'm from the UK and only ever heard about it on drug documentaries and on here

😳😳😳😳😳
Wow, now that puts me off more than the story of the person dying
Yeah man, shit ain’t worth it lol. I’ve had a bunch of psychotic episodes and hospitalisations from regular hallucinogens so I’m pretty sure that stuff would end me

I'm from the UK and only ever heard about it on drug documentaries and on here
Yeah I’m from NZ and I learnt about it from erowid or BL and apart from that have talked about it with a handful of other people IRL over the years

I've never been able to wrap my head around why people take these dosages of powerful deliriants.

Scopolamine? Anyone? 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

Pic. taken about two weeks ago. The fuckers hang over the garden wall from the neighbors! :ROFLMAO:

Nice though. These have since been trimmed and new ones on their way.

IDLXRIS.jpg

You dudes should really do some reading up on plants and their toxins and alkaloids before imbibing! Reported in a journal that somebody cut off his dick and tongue after having a cup of tea! And ya'll thought that Fentanyl was dangerous? :ROFLMAO:

Scopolamine? Anyone? 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

Pic. taken about two weeks ago. The fuckers hang over the garden wall from the neighbors! :ROFLMAO:

Nice though. These have since been trimmed and new ones on their way.

IDLXRIS.jpg

You dudes should really do some reading up on plants and their toxins and alkaloids before imbibing! Reported in a journal that somebody cut off his dick and tongue after having a cup of tea! And ya'll thought that Fentanyl was dangerous? :ROFLMAO:

just in a 3 block radius i have at least 10 houses growing these hellflowers, so easy to pick and get here, ridiculous... And i learned my lesson the 1st time. Just glad I didn't end up in hospital or psych ward for the rest of my life or gender less for that matter lol

Edit: they also sold at the local nurseries at R120 a pop to grow in your garden (8 dollars and 16c USA, 6 euros 85c Europe and 5 pounds 88c sterling Uk for the other countries). Just a fun fact

Last edited:
just in a 3 block radius i have at least 10 houses growing these hellflowers, so easy to pick and get here, ridiculous... And i learned my lesson the 1st time. Just glad I didn't end up in hospital or psych ward for the rest of my life or gender less for that matter lol

Edit: they also sold at the local nurseries at R120 a pop to grow in your garden (8 dollars and 16c USA, 6 euros 85c Europe and 5 pounds 88c sterling Uk for the other countries). Just a fun fact
Maybe we can export them? :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside: these plants from the Solanaceae family are some serious shit in the wrong hands. There's more than a few, albeit anecdotal, reports of dudes having ended up with permanent side effects. Not to mention murders and suicides. And Scopolamine, once extracted and processed, is nasty stuff on its own (not talking for medicinal use e.g. for motion sickness). There's more than a few papers and documentaries about it floating around. Atropine, oddly enough, also used to treat some interesting conditions or mishaps. And of course: all the tropane alkaloids that these things produce are handy I guess. There's just one they don't produce and which renders them pretty fucking useless in my book! 😭

I've never tried it orally and I don't think the leaves contain high amounts of alkaloids anyway or heat destroys them, but I used to enjoy smoking some dried datura leaf in spliff, not sure if it was actually active or placebo

I've never tried it orally and I don't think the leaves contain high amounts of alkaloids anyway or heat destroys them, but I used to enjoy smoking some dried datura leaf in spliff, not sure if it was actually active or placebo
I've definitely had great success bonging seeds at least.

"Story time with SKL..."

I love a good story about Solanaceae spp. use. I first heard about them on the internet and they never failed to entertain. The deleriant trip trainwreck has become iconic. First ones I read were on Erowid, I think, or maybe alt.drugs or maybe even I heard about it IRC—one of my old IRC buddies from back in the day got in trouble for trying to burn a shitton of S. datura stramonium plants on a highway. The story grew in the telling so he may or not have been naked, but he was definitely, functionally speaking, psychotic. The fire, in his mind, constituted some kind of exorcism of the datura spirits that were tormenting him. All these stories definitely put me off doing the stuff.

But the first time that I encountered it IRL, and I've told this story before, was on a New Year's day, after a really hot show I'd hitchhiked to the City, spun like nobody's business on L and molz, with two sketchy drug dealers and a gorgeous Russian chick. One of the guys was clearly into her but she wound up, rolled to the gills, attaching to me herself.

"Situations arose because of the weather," and us two found ourselves in the filthy and cramped apartment of some self-styled "urban shaman." We exchanged some chemicals and some currency, and then he offered us some seeds.

"It will impart spiritual power," he said. I had an idea of what it was an nope'd out. The girl, let's call her Katyusha (like the rocket), however, opened her hand. He dropped a few in and she swallowed. We took some more acid and some really good MA and were feeling pretty good. I pretty much forgot that homegirl had eaten the seeds.

I don't remember where we were, but we'd just gone down an escalator. We two were embracing and standing transfixed by the lights and all the goings-on. I was still a country boy at this point so the city was astounding in itself. Suddenly Katyusha just starts running, I mean absolutely hauling ass going up, up.......

This didn't work out very well for her. She looked back at me with with this look of abject confusion and raw existential horror as she went from making progress upwards to being relatively stationary to going backwards and then falling back directly on her ass. All I could think about was the Chameleons song and I tried not to laugh as I picked her up. We did some dope and spent the next I don't know how many hours lying on the floor at some warehouse party waiting for the serious drugs to wear off, and then finally catching a bus, and some much needed Z's, back upstate.

Nothing too dramatic, but I will never forget that look on her face. I was lucky she was relatively responsive to me and was able to calm down with some other drugs in the picture. The situation could have been much worse.

Last edited: