• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Brugmansia (angel trumpet) - First Time - Horrible trip.

@jhjhsdi was weird talking to dead friends and it was like they were literally like sitting next to me or sitting in the trees as the ground was on fire and they didn't want to get down. As for what they told me haunts me till today. How he got tortured everyday and constantly burning but no scars. Imagine burning away, that feeling of extreme heat but nothing happening to your flesh but still getting the smell of burning flesh and the screams, he told me the screams were the worst. And another friend told me that she was just lost in darkness, nothing. She said she was/is all alone with nothing and no one around her except her thoughts. When i took this plant i tripped or had a spiritual journey that lasted me roughly 3 days roughly. In the beginning the visuals were awesome and amazing but as time passed by it just got darker and darker. I remember on day 2 laying under my bed scared AF under a blanket and something kept tapping me on the shoulder and whispering in my ear "let's go play outside" none stop and this went on for a few hrs, just kept ignoring the voice but what freaked me out so much about that specific moment was the tapping on my shoulder. It felt so real like someone poking you constantly to get your attention. And then "it" left and said "fine be that way". I was scared shitless to say the least.

Anyhow a lot more happened but after that i promised never to take that plant again.

Wow... that gave me chills. I have read many reports of datura/etc producing hellish experiences, but few so detailed and personal as this. I have read a couple of isolated reports of spiritual practitioners using it cautiously as a way to connect with the spirit world. I think this is one I will never touch, even though it does intrigue me. I have had a brugmansia tree, it didn't make it through the winter, but its energy was so intense, and the flowers smell A M A Z I N G.

I most I have really considered is eating like 5 seeds to try to have really intense dreams, maybe I will someday but I don't know.

The brugmansia plants are strange in that they no longer occur in nature and are only the product of ornamental cultivation. Supposedly animals such as the long extinct giant ground sloths that dispersed its seeds are no longer around to do so, and the seeds are too toxic for other animals to mess with it.

(Imagine coming across a 15,000 pound sloth tripping on brugmansia.)

The brugmansia plants are strange in that they no longer occur in nature and are only the product of ornamental cultivation. Supposedly animals such as the long extinct giant ground sloths that dispersed its seeds are no longer around to do so, and the seeds are too toxic for other animals to mess with it.

(Imagine coming across a 15,000 pound sloth tripping on brugmansia.)

I didn't realise they were extinct in the wild. How curious. It means people must have been cultivating them for a very long time!

@jhjhsdi was weird talking to dead friends and it was like they were literally like sitting next to me or sitting in the trees as the ground was on fire and they didn't want to get down. As for what they told me haunts me till today. How he got tortured everyday and constantly burning but no scars. Imagine burning away, that feeling of extreme heat but nothing happening to your flesh but still getting the smell of burning flesh and the screams, he told me the screams were the worst. And another friend told me that she was just lost in darkness, nothing. She said she was/is all alone with nothing and no one around her except her thoughts. When i took this plant i tripped or had a spiritual journey that lasted me roughly 3 days roughly. In the beginning the visuals were awesome and amazing but as time passed by it just got darker and darker. I remember on day 2 laying under my bed scared AF under a blanket and something kept tapping me on the shoulder and whispering in my ear "let's go play outside" none stop and this went on for a few hrs, just kept ignoring the voice but what freaked me out so much about that specific moment was the tapping on my shoulder. It felt so real like someone poking you constantly to get your attention. And then "it" left and said "fine be that way". I was scared shitless to say the least.

Anyhow a lot more happened but after that i promised never to take that plant again.

Damn...I second this giving me chills. I recently had an LSD experience that was incessantly, relentlessly, almost punishingly about good vs evil, the afterlife, “right living”, etc., that was very unsettling but like every psychedelic experience before it, was extremely beneficial. This led to taking seriously the idea that psychedelic experiences in ancient times were about communion with a Higher Power (however each culture defined it) and were ultimately the foundation for civilization, medicine, technology, etc. Going down this path led to reading about all sorts of brews used in the past, some of which were made with deliriants (broadly defined). This would include the Eleusian/Dionysian Mysteries, their influence on early Christianity etc (deliriants moreso in Europe throughout the Dark Ages and beyond - the ancients seemed to value classic/familiar psychedelics). I know that other cultures around the world had their own ritual psychedelic use and I’ll definitely be studying them as I progress. But there is a similar thread that runs through them all which is what I’ve been picking up on as I study further.

Which got me thinking...even in the most difficult and unsettling psychedelic experiences in the past, they have always made my life better, EVERY SINGLE TIME, when I took what I learned seriously and incorporated it into my life. The key being that I had to take the lessons back to everyday consciousness and actually practice what I learned consistently. And when I do that, I have NEVER been led astray.

What is standing out to me is that classical psychedelics seem to generate thinking about Higher Order ideas (I.e., communion with God/Angels, the Universe/Cosmos, higher dimensions, etc.,) while the deliriants seem to focus on the Underworld/death/darkness, and just seems to show users what it’s like without there being an underlying message of hope like psychedelics seem to. Even in my darkest psychedelic journeys, there always seems to be a presence who while showing me the worst of the Universe, gives me the feeling of being protected and that the difficulty is ultimately for my benefit. It seems like this is extremely rare with deliriants - more of a detached window into the Underworld with no guide to help make sense of any of it.

This particular account scared the shit out of me because, well, it sure sounds like the friends you were speaking with are trapped in what we commonly call Hell, based off of how Christianity/Judaism/Islam define it. I completely accept that prior knowledge of “hell” may have influenced this portion of the experience, but I’m also willing to accept that drugs may grant access to some portion of what’s to come after we die as well. If it is true that they grant some access to the afterlife, then perhaps I should consider experiencing deliriants at some point, if only to undergo the full spectrum of drug induced experience. Wrangling baby sitters for 3+ days may ultimately sink this dream however!

Sincere thanks to you for sharing and giving me much to ponder moving forward.

Angel Trumpet extraction --> Brugmansia (scopolamine extract) + Williamson ether synthesis --> DAREDEVIL (methoxyhyoscine)

6,7-epoxytropan-3α-oxycarbonyl-1-phenyl-2-methoxyethane.png

DAREDEVIL
6,7-epoxytropan-3α-oxycarbonyl-1-phenyl-2-methoxyethane

By methoxylating the hydroxyl group, the compound passes through the hydrophobic blood brain better.

Last edited:
Imo the Brugmasia shines at night, but that is merely based upon its delicious odour its flowers spread. This plant fumes at night if I am correct, been a while I had one. The climate over here is still to cold to make survive winters.

Never had an urge to eat em though.

What happened to part 2!?

I most I have really considered is eating like 5 seeds to try to have really intense dreams, maybe I will someday but I don't know.

I think 5 seeds would be a pretty threshold effect, for the most part. I've tried that in conjunction with other stuff before, it was some research tryptamines (...can't remember which ones lol) along with a bit of salvia smoked during the peak. It was pretty interesting, even though it was a small amount I could still get an underlying sense for the kind of "evil" energy that it has.

As I said in other threads, I use Deliriants like Datura, henbane and biperiden on daily basis.

Firstly Ppl consider deliriants to be a poison while every organic or chemical psychoactive substance can be poisonous if u overdose. I've never had a bad Delirious trip because

1. I like delirious state.
2. I know my dose.
3. I know how to avoid side effects such as extreme dehydration, slurred speech, anxiety and depression. (Actually I've built a tolerance to most of deliriants so i experience no serious side effects unless i overdose.

Deliriants are NOT "party drugs". The whole delirious state is not fun. You may not find the trip to be pleasant at all but at very low doses, they can potentiate the effects of other drugs. A combo like Datura + Opium makes me feel somehow stimulated and calm at the same time. It feels like being on amph, i feel fully functional and energetic an my anxiety is fully gone. I admit i like deliriants more than psychedelics.

If u wanna hallucinate, u have to take more but then will end up in hospital. U may even die.

Last edited:
Edit: For those who wanna experience delirious state, I suggest using mild deliriants such as DPH or Biperiden. (DPH might make u sleepy while Biperiden overcomes your lethargy/laziness and keep u up for a few hours if u take at night but don't expect any "euphoria".

If u dont wanna combine, if u wanna take the the plant itself, i suggest smoking the leaves. Smoking is less harmful than consuming the plant orally.

@TumajNuri have you ever used low dose datura to combine/potentiate a dissociative like ketamine?
What is a 'low dose' for someone who has never tried datura but has 'tripped' on DPH before, and used them alot for sleep?

Firstly, thanks for asking me the questions that are relevant to my fav drug classification called "Deliriants"

@TumajNuri have you ever used low dose datura to combine/potentiate a dissociative like ketamine?
DXM is probably the only dissociative that I've ever combined with (datura/henbane)
2 syrups of DXM +10 seeds of datura.
Not actually a fatal combo. I hallucinate just a little bit all because because I didn't take enough datura seeds. I experienced some UNVIVID CEVs. Also felt like being too far away from objects, walls and furniture That I was surrounded by. And a mild agitation was probably the only side-effects that I had to deal with. I prefer a combo like Opium + Datura.

@TumajNuri
What is a 'low dose' for someone who has never tried datura but has 'tripped' on DPH before, and used them alot for sleep?

Mature and strong seeds of Datura often look totally black. The lowest dose for a newbie might be 3-5 seeds. If the seeds are yellow/immature, U might need to take more.

Ever tried biperiden? Thats a short-acting and mild deliriant. Much safer than Datura and produces no serious side effects except a dry-mouth and insomnia.

Anyway, What i suggest is combining 2-4 seeds of datura (or ONE PILL OF BIPERIDEN) with your drug of choice. Plus smoking is the second way of taking Datura.

Again, Thanks for the questions jhjhsdi. Be careful and never overdose. Even a real shaman can not survive datura's bad trip.

Last edited:
@TumajNuri nah man I've never even heard of biperiden. I'll do some research.
I used to regularly combine DPH to my ketamine, back when i only sniffed it and was more into taking pharms alongside K. Used to get the 50mg tablets crush them and mix them 50/50 with k. They do hurt to snort though. Or id simply eat 200-250mg as i started to snort, definitely made a difference.
One time i tripped on 1000mg. It was WEIRD and disturbing. No k was involved though.
Now i dont really snort i only inject K i havent combined DPH. Although i have recently heard you can IV DPH? 🤔 Ever tried?

@TumajNuri

Becareful with this, you're increasing your risk for dementia and alzheimers.

I dont think id fuck with biperiden but the other flower one looks interesting too. How would you compare it to datura.
Also, have you ever grown either yourself?
Do you think its possible to grow them in the UK climate(in summer) without the use if heaters/lights etc?
Although, saying that im not sure id trust myself having a massive supply of them just sat in the garden lol I've always been quite prone to blacking out and doing the rest of my stash lol

WEIRD and disturbing.

Uhum!!! The side effects of ALL DELIRIANTS. U experience... Agitation, Ego Lose or even Ego death if u take a lot.

U were lucky becuz DPH produces positive effects like sedation and drunkenness. And lasts shorter than any type of "Brugmansia". But why did u sniff? u only have to turn the pills into powder and consume them orally,
As I said in my first post of this thread, Deliriants are "fun" when u use them as a potentiator. Mix a very very small amount of them with MJ or any stuff u enjoy using.

Becareful with this, you're increasing your risk for dementia and alzheimers.

Thanks for the warning. U are right. I dont take them to feel euphoria cuz there's no euphoria in deliriants. I use a very small amount of them to enhance the euphoria of other drugs.

have you ever grown either yourself?
Do you think its possible to grow them in the UK climate(in summer) without the use if heaters/lights etc?

Datura and almost all specie of Brugmansia does best in full or close to full sun. The more light, the better in general. Datura is a truly tropical species that does not take kindly to colder temperatures; cold drafts are likely to result in leaf drop, and frost will kill it.

Yes I did. Even in China. Sorry to be curious but why do u wanna plant/grow them? Just purchase the seeds if u wanna trip.

Although, saying that im not sure id trust myself having a massive supply of them just sat in the garden lol I've always been quite prone to blacking out and doing the rest of my stash lol

Some stories about teens who died due to Datura/Henbane are fake. I mean.. why would someone mess with something that is known to be poison? Deliriants usually produce a little (or sometimes no) euphoria. If u wanna experience O.E.V, u need to take a lot and prepare yourself for some very nasty side effects. The hallucinations are not fictional like the ones u see on acid (acid is in my opinion, 200 times weaker than deliriants although "drug comparison" is not the point/case here.

To those who wonder how it feels to be in a (strong) delirious state, here are some examples:

As i said, u wont see anything fictional or abstract, if u take datura indoor, u will see and talk with imaginary people around u. You talk to them and they talk back. (I suggest hearing a headphone and pretend to be talking on a call)
Beside being surrounded by imaginary ppl, you might stare at patterns on your rug, your desktop wallpaper or even the cracks on the wallz . Even "surreal visions" caused by deliriants seem real. You don't know u are tripping. Well, such effects might seduce u to try deliriants. I wont stop u but "being unable to tolerate side effects" is the main reason ppl wouldnt take them at all.

Last edited:
@TumajNuri i only sniffed DPH when i was using it to enhance K as i mixed them in rhe same line, dosages from 50-200mg.
When i tripped on 1000mg i just ate the pills. A whole box of 20 x 50mg Tesco sleep aids.

I've heard recently some people mix it with their heroin and IV it... I was thinking of doing the same with my IV K.. I made a thread in 'other drugs' maybe you can have some input/advice for me there?

I was only considering growing them as thought it would be cool and also an unlimited supply lol but guess they won't grow in UK outdoor. No worries.

Sorry for the trouble but can u link me to your thread?