• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Brugmansia (angel trumpet) - First Time - Horrible trip.

bediphrent

Bluelighter
I THINK I JUST MIGHT HAVE AN EXPERIENCE ON THIS SHIT..THAT JUST MIGHT BEAT OR RIVAL OP'S EXPERIENCE..

its a lot to type though.. subscribe to my onlyfans for the full story. (kidding 😂)

but man... an actual demon materialized in front of me.. I went blind for 3 days.. etc.

but ill post full story later

btechlc

Bluelighter
you have virtually no control over yourself whatsoever.
yeah sounds like even at low dosages this would be an issue. I like to get as close to +++ as I can but cant really step over that cause mainly having kids. except sometimes weekend nights lol.

I wonder if anyone has any experience micro dosing this? I know you cant measure the amount of alkaloid exactly but get a rough idea of traditional preparations / weight plant material used / and take maybe 10% to 5% of what would be used normally? Not sure I have any interest taking it myself even like that, but curious as to what level of consistent use people get out of this.

@TumajNuri Would be interested to hear more about this plant from you if you are so inclined - sounds like you have lots of good experience. I am mainly interested in the intensity and duration of experience across various dosages. Would you say a "moderate" or "recreational" dosage / use of this drug could exist? Sounds like a lot of the people in these threads take way to much? I understand this drug is not euphoric in any sense, but would you say it still has value as a novel experience if used correctly?

tubgirl.jpg

Moderator: TL
Staff member
This is a great trip report, but it's unfortunately this kind of reckless behavior that gives the Nightshades a bad rep.

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
This is a great trip report, but it's unfortunately this kind of reckless behavior that gives the Nightshades a bad rep.
Is it then possible to responsibly use nightshades, without losing control over oneself? I always avoided dabbling with delirants because of exactly this and think somehow that it's one of these drug categories which is best left alone. Only once I tried 500mg diphenhydramine but all I got was muscle relaxation and a weird feeling.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Is it then possible to responsibly use nightshades, without losing control over oneself? I always avoided dabbling with delirants because of exactly this and think somehow that it's one of these drug categories which is best left alone. Only once I tried 500mg diphenhydramine but all I got was muscle relaxation and a weird feeling.

Deliriants are cursed by their common name and frequent contexts of recorded use. If psychedelics were called deliriants and the only trip reports you ever read about LSD were ones where kids with no idea what it was took 20-50 blotters at once with a bunch of friends and blacked out and woke up in the hospital or ended up breaking into the wrong house and got sent to jail while hallucinating in a way that can't be distinguished from reality, all of which would very likely happen in that context, then it would be considered just as terrifying as deliriants generally are now. Certain other drugs like salvia and amanitas suffer from the same curse to varying degrees.

It's entirely possible to take "deliriants" at a hallucinogenic level and not go delirious from it, and in fact the more you use and become familiar with and accustomed to them, the harder it becomes to actually go delirious at all, similarly to most other hallucinogens. That being said, tropane alkaloids do have legitimate downsides which are not related to their subjective effects, which are mostly centered around how they're well-documented to be significantly toxic to multiple major organ systems including the brain; repeated administration of scopolamine is actually used to model the neurodegeneration and behavioral syndrome of Alzheimer's disease in animal models. I really don't recommend using them with any regularity if at all, it's just not because of their deliriant effects, which I would actually say are conversely pretty much the only reason to actually consider using them at least once.

This is a good trip report about Datura that is more measured and still satisfying, for reference.

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
@Kaleida Thanks, I suspected this and I agree to you about the reputation being attributed to circumstances, the same as with PCP where people didn't accurately measure but just dip cigs in liquid and smoke the result. No question that this will lead to some bad experiences specially in people who aren't really experienced with altered states of consciousness - I think of it like to learn swimming or driving a bicycle, so one learns how to trip and how to control/manage the trip as far as possible. Indeed I am curious about the fly agaric mushroom as a GABAergic hallucinogen but delirants, as you say, the name and the connection to dementia somehow scares me off. I might titrate them one day though if I'd have a decent tripsitter available. Definitely not for doing this alone.

Kaleida

Bluelight Crew
Probably for the best as they can help give you some stability and memory for the trip too. Time on deliriants can seem to slip by pretty easily and you don't have much capacity to use your memory during the experience to help maintain it for afterward too. Having a friend to provide sensory stimuli can make for some fun misperceptions too; I once on diphenhydramine had a friend watching anime on his laptop while sitting on the couch next to me on my right, and his screen was just out of view when I was staring forward, and I kept hearing all of the Japanese dialogue in perfectly clear yet entirely nonsensical English sentences until the madness of it would drive me crazy and I would turn to him to say "What the hell are you watching?!" and then see it and remember what was happening again.

Amanitas are interesting and have my support, though I would specifically add a recommendation for the pantherina over the muscaria. It has a higher muscimol content, a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and lacks the muscarine that causes the sweating and drooling of the muscaria. I've actually had strong experiences from less than five grams of it, and people claim that the pantherina is more dangerous than the muscaria due to the higher potency, but, neither of them are actually particularly dangerous when dosed correctly, with adverse reactions with extreme or permanent health consequences being quite rare in the medical literature and generally associated with ingestion of very large dosages often unintentionally (like treating it as food) and in people with compromised health positions at baseline. I also experimented with the synthetic analogue gaboxadol recently which was pretty interesting actually, and definitely relatable to the amanitas subjectively, though with some difference too. I haven't shared much about my experiences with it because I had just recently had a psychotic episode that I feared may have tainted it a little, though I still have some left to work with too.