• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Brugmansia (angel trumpet) - First Time - Horrible trip.

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
@jhjhsdi was weird talking to dead friends and it was like they were literally like sitting next to me or sitting in the trees as the ground was on fire and they didn't want to get down. As for what they told me haunts me till today. How he got tortured everyday and constantly burning but no scars. Imagine burning away, that feeling of extreme heat but nothing happening to your flesh but still getting the smell of burning flesh and the screams, he told me the screams were the worst. And another friend told me that she was just lost in darkness, nothing. She said she was/is all alone with nothing and no one around her except her thoughts. When i took this plant i tripped or had a spiritual journey that lasted me roughly 3 days roughly. In the beginning the visuals were awesome and amazing but as time passed by it just got darker and darker. I remember on day 2 laying under my bed scared AF under a blanket and something kept tapping me on the shoulder and whispering in my ear "let's go play outside" none stop and this went on for a few hrs, just kept ignoring the voice but what freaked me out so much about that specific moment was the tapping on my shoulder. It felt so real like someone poking you constantly to get your attention. And then "it" left and said "fine be that way". I was scared shitless to say the least.

Anyhow a lot more happened but after that i promised never to take that plant again.
Wow... that gave me chills. I have read many reports of datura/etc producing hellish experiences, but few so detailed and personal as this. I have read a couple of isolated reports of spiritual practitioners using it cautiously as a way to connect with the spirit world. I think this is one I will never touch, even though it does intrigue me. I have had a brugmansia tree, it didn't make it through the winter, but its energy was so intense, and the flowers smell A M A Z I N G.

I most I have really considered is eating like 5 seeds to try to have really intense dreams, maybe I will someday but I don't know.

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
The brugmansia plants are strange in that they no longer occur in nature and are only the product of ornamental cultivation. Supposedly animals such as the long extinct giant ground sloths that dispersed its seeds are no longer around to do so, and the seeds are too toxic for other animals to mess with it.

(Imagine coming across a 15,000 pound sloth tripping on brugmansia.)

Reactions: CFC

CFC

Tech Support
The brugmansia plants are strange in that they no longer occur in nature and are only the product of ornamental cultivation. Supposedly animals such as the long extinct giant ground sloths that dispersed its seeds are no longer around to do so, and the seeds are too toxic for other animals to mess with it.

(Imagine coming across a 15,000 pound sloth tripping on brugmansia.)
I didn't realise they were extinct in the wild. How curious. It means people must have been cultivating them for a very long time!

MescaliCAN

Bluelighter
@jhjhsdi was weird talking to dead friends and it was like they were literally like sitting next to me or sitting in the trees as the ground was on fire and they didn't want to get down. As for what they told me haunts me till today. How he got tortured everyday and constantly burning but no scars. Imagine burning away, that feeling of extreme heat but nothing happening to your flesh but still getting the smell of burning flesh and the screams, he told me the screams were the worst. And another friend told me that she was just lost in darkness, nothing. She said she was/is all alone with nothing and no one around her except her thoughts. When i took this plant i tripped or had a spiritual journey that lasted me roughly 3 days roughly. In the beginning the visuals were awesome and amazing but as time passed by it just got darker and darker. I remember on day 2 laying under my bed scared AF under a blanket and something kept tapping me on the shoulder and whispering in my ear "let's go play outside" none stop and this went on for a few hrs, just kept ignoring the voice but what freaked me out so much about that specific moment was the tapping on my shoulder. It felt so real like someone poking you constantly to get your attention. And then "it" left and said "fine be that way". I was scared shitless to say the least.

Anyhow a lot more happened but after that i promised never to take that plant again.
Damn...I second this giving me chills. I recently had an LSD experience that was incessantly, relentlessly, almost punishingly about good vs evil, the afterlife, “right living”, etc., that was very unsettling but like every psychedelic experience before it, was extremely beneficial. This led to taking seriously the idea that psychedelic experiences in ancient times were about communion with a Higher Power (however each culture defined it) and were ultimately the foundation for civilization, medicine, technology, etc. Going down this path led to reading about all sorts of brews used in the past, some of which were made with deliriants (broadly defined). This would include the Eleusian/Dionysian Mysteries, their influence on early Christianity etc (deliriants moreso in Europe throughout the Dark Ages and beyond - the ancients seemed to value classic/familiar psychedelics). I know that other cultures around the world had their own ritual psychedelic use and I’ll definitely be studying them as I progress. But there is a similar thread that runs through them all which is what I’ve been picking up on as I study further.

Which got me thinking...even in the most difficult and unsettling psychedelic experiences in the past, they have always made my life better, EVERY SINGLE TIME, when I took what I learned seriously and incorporated it into my life. The key being that I had to take the lessons back to everyday consciousness and actually practice what I learned consistently. And when I do that, I have NEVER been led astray.

What is standing out to me is that classical psychedelics seem to generate thinking about Higher Order ideas (I.e., communion with God/Angels, the Universe/Cosmos, higher dimensions, etc.,) while the deliriants seem to focus on the Underworld/death/darkness, and just seems to show users what it’s like without there being an underlying message of hope like psychedelics seem to. Even in my darkest psychedelic journeys, there always seems to be a presence who while showing me the worst of the Universe, gives me the feeling of being protected and that the difficulty is ultimately for my benefit. It seems like this is extremely rare with deliriants - more of a detached window into the Underworld with no guide to help make sense of any of it.

This particular account scared the shit out of me because, well, it sure sounds like the friends you were speaking with are trapped in what we commonly call Hell, based off of how Christianity/Judaism/Islam define it. I completely accept that prior knowledge of “hell” may have influenced this portion of the experience, but I’m also willing to accept that drugs may grant access to some portion of what’s to come after we die as well. If it is true that they grant some access to the afterlife, then perhaps I should consider experiencing deliriants at some point, if only to undergo the full spectrum of drug induced experience. Wrangling baby sitters for 3+ days may ultimately sink this dream however!

Sincere thanks to you for sharing and giving me much to ponder moving forward.

Rectify

Bluelighter
Angel Trumpet extraction --> Brugmansia (scopolamine extract) + Williamson ether synthesis --> DAREDEVIL (methoxyhyoscine)

DAREDEVIL
6,7-epoxytropan-3α-oxycarbonyl-1-phenyl-2-methoxyethane

By methoxylating the hydroxyl group, the compound passes through the hydrophobic blood brain better.

Last edited:

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Imo the Brugmasia shines at night, but that is merely based upon its delicious odour its flowers spread. This plant fumes at night if I am correct, been a while I had one. The climate over here is still to cold to make survive winters.

Never had an urge to eat em though.

toga2000

Greenlighter
What happened to part 2!?

I most I have really considered is eating like 5 seeds to try to have really intense dreams, maybe I will someday but I don't know.
I think 5 seeds would be a pretty threshold effect, for the most part. I've tried that in conjunction with other stuff before, it was some research tryptamines (...can't remember which ones lol) along with a bit of salvia smoked during the peak. It was pretty interesting, even though it was a small amount I could still get an underlying sense for the kind of "evil" energy that it has.