Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction Brown powder sold as MDMA actually contains 25C-NBOMe + 4-FA

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
do not trust any mdma on the streets people. You can not get real mdma anymore on the street anywhere its a massive drought. Assume all stuff is fake and use test kits.

I remember a long time ago, years, there were pills circulating down under that were sold as “ecstasy” but contained 10mg of NBome, forget which.

They pressed them that strong in the misguided belief they’d metabolize to their 2c counterparts when taken orally. Well as I and many others have found out that myth is wrong, and a pill like that probably killed it’s fair share of people.

-GC

Thanks so much Tronica! I have temporarily stickied this thread as I feel it has a high harm reduction value

Thanks @andyturbo --- luckily we have not heard of any deaths from this combination. Hopefully we can avoid that. But it underlines why we need better tools to find out what's in our drugs, or better yet, safe supply.

Thanks @andyturbo --- luckily we have not heard of any deaths from this combination. Hopefully we can avoid that. But it underlines why we need better tools to find out what's in our drugs, or better yet, safe supply.
Absolutely.

It really gets on my nerve when people use either toxic or much more dangerous substances to 'cut' or substitute a drug.

doe's not surprise me at all.

I would say the brown color is there to mimic the brown tar that is left after the hofmann to MDA.

if it is brown MDA it should have a smell to it that is not quite like root bear and a little like honey.

but seriously if your buying MD you should test it.

many die from fake ecstasy its not worth the risk of taking something you don't know what it is.

I have not come across brown MDMA beige white pink but not brown.

most of the color in MDMA comes from the ketone MDP2P self condensing (aldol) to give a red color
which then lightens when washed to a pink or beige.

but seriously if your buying MD you should test it.

The issue for me is that we have had instances where MDMA has been mixed with other substances, like NBOMes. So the crystal or powder you are testing with a reagent kit is going to give a positive result for MDxx. If you only test with one reagent (Marquis) you may get an incomplete set of information and miss that the substance is actually dangerous. Now sure, if you also use 5 different reagents, you may detect a 2C-like substance, which is the NBOMes and then you would be alerted to the problem. But my concern is that for many people - especially those people not using 5 different kits every time, even reagent kit use won't identify some combinations of substances that should be avoided. (Again, unless you go in knowing the exact content and the risks, in which case, NBOMes can be used, as many people on this site can attest.)

This is why we need proper lab testing! We need access to drug checking services in Australia.

I am working with The Loop Australia to do just that - if any of you want to support us by volunteering or donating, please see our website for more info.

ye the marquise test is a sulfuric acid formaldehyde mix.

it cracks the MD bridge with the acid making the black that you are used to.

this MD bridge is in many spices like pepper for instance so ye faking the test is possible too.

ill have a think on this there should be a way to tell the difference.

the problem though lies in that the nbome is a secondary amine function just as the methyl group is in MDMA.

if you were testing for MDA it would be much easier as you would just have to test for a primary amine.

again this may be a hint as I have never seen brown MDMA come out of a lab yet (not saying its not possible)

if its brown (like chocolate) I would expect it to be MDA and not MDMA and test for a primary amine.

again ill look more into this as it is a very valid concern.

maybe testing for the aromatic halide might be the answer.

if it shows a a halogen then you know its not any kind of MD.

There’s brown MDMA all the time, the whole “only MDA is brown” myth is just that. In fact, I’ve tested a lot of product people were sold as Sass/MDA and half the time it’s MDMA. Impure brown MDMA just has a much different effect overall that makes people assume it isn’t MDMA.

I’ll mention I did one time obtain a batch of MDA/sass which looked very impure but smelled right, I’m familiar with the smell of safrole (spill a little in your residence and you’ll never forget it lol).

It also tested right on the marquis and simons, can’t remember if I used mecke, mandelin or any other…

Soon as I put it in my mouth I spit it right out, tasted absolutely nothing like legit MDxx. That taste is hard to fool. This was back in early ‘10s when apparently this shit was all over.

In other words, some people have come up with some pretty convincing look alike that need to be watched for.

-GC

with a little thought I think it may be best to use the normal tests ie the marquise but revise the method
of testing.

instead of just scraping the pill into the test solution it may be best to add an a/b extraction to the process.

more than likely the counterfeit MD ring that is giving the positive test will be a simple chemical
like piperine to give the MD breakage on testing.

piperine is an amide and could also be tested for as well but being an amide it will not travel through

acid base extraction with the amine.

then you could do a test with marquise.

again one could get around this but again they have to know your testing this way to do so.

there may also be an amine on the counterfeit MD ring that will also stuff this up but as of yet

I have not thought of a readily available MD ring that has an amine on it.

I personally think they would use pepper to augment your test as it is easily obtainable and has

the ring they need to fake the test.

There’s brown MDMA all the time, the whole “only MDA is brown” myth is just that. In fact, I’ve tested a lot of product people were sold as Sass/MDA and half the time it’s MDMA. Impure brown MDMA just has a much different effect overall that makes people assume it isn’t MDMA.

I’ll mention I did one time obtain a batch of MDA/sass which looked very impure but smelled right, I’m familiar with the smell of safrole (spill a little in your residence and you’ll never forget it lol).

It also tested right on the marquis and simons, can’t remember if I used mecke, mandelin or any other…

Soon as I put it in my mouth I spit it right out, tasted absolutely nothing like legit MDxx. That taste is hard to fool. This was back in early ‘10s when apparently this shit was all over.

In other words, some people have come up with some pretty convincing look alike that need to be watched for.

-GC
again I did not say it was impossible just that I have not come across it my self.

you may have been tasting left over amide that had not reacted.

the amide that is converted to MDA also tests as MDA and it is easy for someone to think the amide
is the MDA if they are not experienced in synthesis.

the amide has a weird taste and if the reaction was not complete you would still get the smell.

most MDA is not made from safrole these days.

most prefer to go through helional hence the "myth" that MDA is brown.

MDA is white. so is MDMA.

any color really is impurity and as the product that comes from helional is brown if not

vac distilled a lot of bastards are probably coloring all there product this color to give it some

legitimacy.

Last edited:
again I did not say it was impossible just that I have not come across it my self.

you may have been tasting left over amide that had not reacted.

the amide that is converted to MDA also tests as MDA and it is easy for someone to think the amide
is the MDA if they are not experienced in synthesis.

the amide has a weird taste and if the reaction was not complete you would still get the smell.

most MDA is not made from safrole these days.

most prefer to go through helional hence the "myth" that MDA is brown.

MDA is white. so is MDMA.

any color really is impurity and as the product that comes from helional is brown if not

vac distilled a lot of bastards are probably coloring all there product this color to give it some

legitimacy.

While helional is used commonly now, it didn’t really start to pick up til the last 5yrs, this product was 10yrs ago when piperonal was more prevalent.

It could’ve been a million different things. No use in trying to guess, the important thing is it wasn’t what I wanted, thankfully I didn’t pay for it neither.

Obviously you always want nice white/clear crystals, anhydrous MDMA goes orthorhombic while hydrated often give diamond shaped crystals. MDA also can produce larger crystals than MDMA, real crystals not all this fused shard. But it seems common many MDA producers just leave the impurities.

And only the best vac distill, unfortunately it’s not industry standard.

-GC

no shit ive had them nearly an inch :) MDA is by far the best amphet in my book.

non addictive still a little lovey but I am not hugging strangers when im on it.

when it comes to heli it is extremely hard to get rid of the tar unless you vac distill.

acetone wash will take some of the color but really it does need to be vac distilled.

the only reason some kept it brown in the start to my knowledge was that there was a lot

of fake MD powder that was white so if one could keep it a color and a smell then it is

easier to tell from a fake but I wonder now if that is really the case.