Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bromo-Dragonfly (Br-DF)

Cyberdyne

Bluelighter
Br-DF

I have NO idea if this has permeated Australasia or if anybody is aware of it BUT:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4382982/an/Forum3/page/0

Basically, a new drug which is potetially similar to LSD but with possible harmful physical/mental side effects and extremely long duration has been synthesised.

BEWARE.

(There is considerable and lengthy discussion already present on that site so give it a red before you post any questions - I woudl assume erowid would also have some discussion)

Bromodragonfly

There has been considerable discussion on other Bluelight forums, particularly in the following 2 threads.

From Psychedelic Drugs

Bromodragonfly

From Advanced Drug Discussion, the subject of Dragonfly and related structures can be found on this thread. It gives considerable insight into the structure activity relationships of these compounds and helps to explain why these are so potent

Acid, Dragonflies and the 5HT2A receptor

Bromo-dragonFLY!

bromo-dragonfly.gif

I doubt you'll find this in Australia. Some idiot around here went around selling the "barbies" acid tabs as BrDF...

Anyway even if you did get it on a tab. It'd have to be just under 1mg to get any oral activity. and then what happens? 2mg you might have a convulsion and pass out choking on vomit. IF anyone does put this on a tab I'll come kill you :)

Splatt said:
Anyway even if you did get it on a tab. It'd have to be just under 1mg to get any oral activity. and then what happens? 2mg you might have a convulsion and pass out choking on vomit.
You speak some fair shit sometimes Splatt. This chemical is active in the ug range, as is LSD.

I was under the impression that it isn't active at such low doses orally. Sure, I know LSD is active in like 70ug or a bit less. I for sure wouldn't try this chemical until I knew what it did, knew the dosages, and had it weighed up on some sort of insane ug scale.... and most of you know... I'll try anything.

Its just I'm hearing of some losers saying they definmately had it on their LSD tab. and tripped for 80 hours straight or something, then some people are saying they found it isn't even active orally in the 500+ug level. And it must be IM/IV'd

I aint agreeing to either now but still, I think this chemical is being really over-talked and people who will never see it in their life, are saying they have tried it on LSD tabs.

Having just read the whole 12 page Psychedelic Drugs Forum thread linked above by p_d, I came to the conclusion that Br-DF produces effects at doses greater than tens of micrograms via I.M. administration and greater than hundreds of micrograms orally. Someone dropped in a citation to a Shulgin 2003 paper, but nobody referenced it :)o).

BigTrancer :)

Cowboy Mac said:
You speak some fair shit sometimes Splatt. This chemical is active in the ug range, as is LSD.

"B-DFLY is active in man at about 100 micrograms i.m. administration. It is without oral activity at 10x this dosage. (Shulgin, 2003a)."

say again? it looks like splatt was on the money in my book, or rather closer to it with his "1 mg" quoting :\

^it wasnt a Shulgin paper, it was from a conversation. do not eat. parenteral admin for microgram dosing.

those shroomheads at the place above must be eating their own supply.

Someone dropped in a citation to a Shulgin 2003 paper, but nobody referenced it ().

BT; After a rather exhaustive search, this was all I could come up with:

From the working draft of an upcoming book by Shulgin, "Psychedelic Index", Transform Press, 2004

The five "FLY" compounds (2C-FLY, 2C-B-FLY, FLY, B-FLY and DOM-FLY) were assayed in a drug discrimination paradigm with LSD-trained rats, and in interactions with various serotonin receptors. (Monte, et al., 1996).
2C-B-FLY is active in man at an oral dose of 10 milligrams (Shulgin, 2003a)

I've got most (if not all) papers from Nichols on the fly compounds, but I don't recall that much was said on the pharmacokinetics of the compounds. I'll check again...but maybe tomorrow as it's been a big day :)

Edit: As I thought, nothing in those Nichols papers on oral dosing; p_d

Last edited:
I dont mind. I DO speak crap at times :) But it shows we were kinda both being opinionated on a subject we didn't have hands-on experience with. This is a good example of why opinion and myth is far from fact.

I think we will get the real facts, on dosage and effects, sometime in the next year, when it does start to pop up in pl;aces, and hospital E.R. visits.

Anyway, just remember everyone. There ARE drugs out there very potent, and there will be lots more, and some will not have the same mercy that LSD has in high doses. Some could be fatal.