• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[BRIS] Mayhem's 5th Birthday -- 24th June -- RNA Showgrounds

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
MAYHEM
Electronic Music Festival 2006

Celebrating 5 Years of MAYHEM!

Saturday June 24th 2006 8pm - 6am
RNA Showgrounds - Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland. (Directions below)
NO ALCOHOL - 16+ event
Tickets: $55+BF Earlybirds, $66+BF for Standard Tickets, $80 at the door.
(Scroll down to bottom of post to see ticket outlet information)

Mayhem Site

This June, we hold true to the Mayhem tradition, kicking off our fifth Birthday with a party of epic proportions! With a killer line up and insane production to celebrate five huge years of total Mayhem and dedication to providing the best events for you to dance the night away, we’re going to make sure that this is one Birthday party you don’t want to miss!

Mayhems giant main room gets the full birthday treatment with the return of our most requested artist ever, Alek Szahala! The onslaught continues with some of the worlds biggest names in Hard Dance to ensure that not a spare moment is wasted on the dance floor – Once the needle hits the first record, you won’t be leaving until the last beat is dropped!

The Godspeed Hardcore room will feature Australia’s undisputed kings of hardcore! The Brisbane Hardcore Crew are second to none in their exceptional experience in Dutch Hardcore within Australia and their reputation as the Hardest DJ’s this side of Holland is ready to be proved once more on this massive night!

The Freeform and Happy Hardcore room will give you something to really smile about, with FiNRG’s DJ RX! Top shelf Happy Hardcore producers Weaver, Antix and Haze rip it up and get set to take the tempo to another level! Add to that our twin head multicolour laser rig and intelligent lighting rig and there’s nothing that can stop this room from blasting off to another dimension!

A fully themed Chill Zone will include Psy-Trance beats, funky house and progressive withfull UV theming to chill out with all your mates!

So if its Hard Dance, Freeform, UK Hardcore, Dutch Hardcore, Hardstyle, house or PsyTrance that makes your night, Mayhem 2006 Electronic Music festival – Mayhem’s 5th Birthday - has got you covered!

DJ LIST:

ALEK SZAHALA – LIVE – FINRG RECORDINGS - FINLAND
RX – LIVE – FINRG RECORDINGS - FINLAND
CARBON BASED – LIVE – FINRG RECORDINGS - FINLAND
E-NRG – DJ SET – FINRG RECORDINGS - FINLAND
DRUMHEAD – DJ SET – FINRG RECORDINGS – FINLAND
ALEX KIDD - GOODGREEF - UK
WEAVER – RAVERBABY RECORDS – UK/SYD
URAKEN - U-DIGITAL - JAPAN
ANTIX - EXECUTIVE RECORDS - SYD
C.O.A. - Clerics of Anarchy - LIVE
MC DESTINY – TEAM ROCKET - SYDNEY
MATRIX - SYDNEY
HAZE - EXECUTIVE RECORDS - SYD

PLUS:

DECIPHER / SEVENTY-7 / KURUPTION / MENACE / 2STYLIZTIK / KASEY / HIRO / RICOCHET / YAISU / SAIYAN / AKAJIC / PHIX / FOREIGN ELEMENT / APEX / FLASHPOINT / CRAKT / COSMO CATER / TIAMOS / BiPOLAR / MISS TRACEY / CROSSFIRE / TRANCDUCER / TYDI / CHAOTIC ETERNAL / JOHN G / DASH / NV / ERAZOR / TYDI / BABY GEE / WOVN / DUANEMC / DR PHIL / ANARCHY / PARTO

Venue Information::

The Royal National Showgrounds (RNA) is the ultimate in rave venues, with its huge open main room and massive ajoining warehouse areas for our huge production and massive lighting and laser rigs! The RNA provides us with a no limits capability for rave style productions in a venue that screams "come rave in me!"! So come with Mayhem Team as we take Queenslands biggest overnight dance event to the biggest warehouse venue in Queensland and let loose with everything we’ve got at our 5th Birthday bash!

Production::

Mayhem Team have an unrivalled reputation for providing the best production ever seen in Brisbane! We’ll once again show you why when we take over the RNA and pack it full with massive lighting rigs and blast the room apart with the most incredible lasers you’ve ever seen! Mayhem Team has always provided the craziest night of technology this side of Pluto, and we only plan to make it better with our 5th Birthday Celebrations! Anyone who has ever been to a major event at this venue will know how much potential for the biggest night of dance you’ve ever experienced this has, and what’s more, you know that Mayhem Team will be the ones to make sure that it goes beyond that!

Attractions::

• Over 40 of the finest international, interstate and local acts!
• The RNA Showgrounds – Queensland’s biggest warehouse style indoor / outdoor venue with multiple areas for multiple tunes!
• Out of this world lighting, lasers, visuals and sound effects.
• FREE Dodgem Cars, Laser Force, Jumping Castles and other rides all night!
• Fully themed and musically enhanced chill zone to hang out and space out!
• Giant visuals and the most intense lasers ever seen in Brisbane!
• Funky stalls from around the country with jewellery, body art, clothing, glowsticks and other awesome rave toys!
• Secure onsite cloak room.
• Onsite Medical Staff and First Aid
• Polite but "tight" security for your safety.

TICKET OUTLETS:

All Supre’ Stores
Central Station Records
Rocking Horse Records
Gooble Warming
Sunflower Music (Pacific Fair)
Music Mania (Southport)
Butter Beats (city and valley stores)
Ignition Records

GETTING THERE

By Car:
From the city, follow Turbot Street through untill you enter Fortitude Valley. Take a left at Brunswick street and right onto St Pauls Trc. Alexandria street is the Festival entrance and this will be about 100m on your right.
Car Parking – The RNA has ample car parking space close to the venue. Also available are the parking stations located in the valley centre (China town and McWirters) and the Valley Metro shopping center (part of Brunswick Street Train Station) also has an overnight carpark available for use.
Queensland Rail Train Station - stop at Brunswick Street Railway Station (one stop north after Central) and follow the crowd to the RNA Showgrounds, off St Pauls Trc. The train station is approximately a 500m walk along fully lit roads to the Front Entrance of the Event. Trains will be sheduled to arrive and depart before, during and after the event.

SEE YOU THERE!!!! 5 YEARS OF MAYHEM!!!! STOMP TILL U BLEED!!!!

Hijinx, myself and a group of old Aussie and UK bluelighters are coming up to Mayhem - see ya there :)

To avoid people getting in for free, there's no pass outs this time round. Pass outs were only available because the alcohol license was cancelled at the last moment so people could drink at nearby clubs.

In the past, no alcohol has meant no coppers. But since the last Mayhem event where someone unfortunately passed away (even though it was from alcohol), there COULD be an "operation" so to speak, so I'd stay away from any labradors or suspicious people on entry and exit.

Just thought I'd add that.

No Pass Outs - WTF!!!!

Grrrr..... Shit parties this bris cunts hold...

last mayhem wsa no prize imo... god they hype it for nothing.

<3 Melb for hardcore :) up close and personal.

zaineaol.nu said:
Shit parties this bris cunts hold...

<3 Melb for hardcore :)

+1.

Well it's not as big or decorated and what not as major eventsa in Melbourne or Sydney, but thats to be expected from a Brisbane event. It's a much smaller city. It doesn't have the big sponsors like Melb or Syd events have.

It's definitely the best electronic music event in Queensland and the crowd is usually pretty damn cool (altho I would rather it 18+), with awesome music so I really enjoy the atmosphere. I'm not too fussed about the small things that are missing. At least you don't have to stand in line and be searched, you're normally in the event within minutes or so at any time.

Everyone else bar you two that attended that I talked to seemed to love it. This event will be better as the main room isn't just hard trance.

Also there is hardcore events and also just resident DJs that are at clubs up here, so you can experience the whole up close and personal thing.

Stop leaving empty bulbs in the corner of the hardcore room too Zaineaol you whore. :p

... That was me?? noooo ;)

Err... Melb is up close and personal.. alot more so that that ever was... Bro we have hardcore @ 3d... shit last week i was talking to impact :D... come get a taste of what melb has to offer... qld will never be the same again...

derka derka... poo.

Even the chill area sucks... who the fucks dumb ass idea wsa it to put a chill area outside in the cold? (it wsant that cold.. but still) why not switch around the area where the laser games where to that outdoor bit (coz clearly it doesnt have to be indoors if its not raining) thus creating an all round better expierience. ++++ add some CUSHY shit to sit on.. no fuck wants to sit on crappy ass table and chairs..

Oh.. BTW.. no more damned irony.. it wsa fucked... one guy - the only guy not on drugs dies of a brain anuerism(sp?).

Was thinking about hitting it back tho Splatt - although Utopia in syd looks alot more promising.

Missed the last one due to non-raver friends visiting, missing this one as im the one away this time :\

its walking dist from mine and i dont get to go

very gehy :(

zaineaol.nu said:
No Pass Outs - WTF!!!!

Grrrr..... Shit parties this bris cunts hold...

<3 Melb for hardcore :) up close and personal.

+ 2

Go Back To Melbourne Posers and Muzzas!
And put your fucking collar down!

:)

Last edited:
Should be going, hopefully have a few friends tagging along aswell. Pity it isnt 18+, will be interesting to see how many young kids will be there.

Heres hoping there wont be any dogs or searches at the door.....

PS Splatt, your avatar brings back scary weird repressed memories from my childhood, starting to freak me out:(

No searches.. but there could easily be dogs with their dogs around on the night, near the fence of the RNA though

Last edited:
lollll... Splatt. pending cash sitcho next week - we'll see how we go ;)... Looking forward to seeing u again bro.

Just a quick query, i am getting 2 different pieces of information on the pass outs to Mayhem. On this site we are being told that there is no pass outs and on the Mayhem site in the forum we are being told that there are def going to be pass outs? Can anyone clarify? Im getting confused here:(

Passouts after 12 is what we were working on.

I reckon there's a pretty good chance on some sort of Police Operation going down.

P.S. All you stuck up melbourne elitists can stay in melbourne. In brissy we're about being friendly and cool - not talking about how much better you are than everyone else.

Peace Love UNITY and RESPECT.

bunt said:

P.S. All you stuck up melbourne elitists can stay in melbourne. In brissy we're about being friendly and cool - not talking about how much better you are than everyone else.

QUOTE]

Ditto =D

bunt one of these days I'm actually gonna find out who you are and shake your hand.

:)smiley

Can't beleive you guys are married. Congrats!!!

The night would of been a lot better for me if I wasn't wall-bound and didn't find it physically impossible to move or talk.

Think I'm going to the next one sober...