• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Brief SSRI (Sertraline/Zoloft) Withdrawal - How Long Will I Feel Like S**t?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've developed agoraphobia recently and have therefor not been going to doctors appointments etc. I can walk up and down the street I live on while smoking a cigarette, but otherwise haven't gone out in about 3 months.
Anyway, my anxiety seems to have extended to use of the telephone so I stupidly neglected to call my GP Surgery for my repeat prescriptions. Most I had spares of or aren't physically addictive but I had my last dose of Sertraline last Wednesday (currently Tuesday).
I haven't actually had the panic attacks and suicidal depression I get when I miss more than a couple days (possible due to other meds like Quetiapine and Trazodone) but physically I feel terrible. I have severe nausea and diarrhea, electric zaps in my brain, electric pulses through my body, sweating, weakness etc. I tore about my bedroom yesterday and managed to find 150mg (my usual daily dose) and feel somewhat better. I have none today but I called yesterday and get my repeat prescription tomorrow (my dad is picking it up).
I'm just wondering if I'll feel better right away or am I gonna feel like this for days/weeks?

Brain zaps go away pretty much immediately once you take the meds again.

Although a week after your last dose is also generally the time the acute effects of c/t SSRI discontinuation syndrome should start subsiding. Of course, if the medicine worked really well for you, the discontinuation might feel more intense for you on a mental level.

But at any rate, the symptoms should go away quickly once you get back on your meds.

A week or two w/o more meds. WD should subside once sertraline is back in your system.

the brain zaps were terrible for me. Stay strong.

Man do I remember the brain zaps. The first time I started experiencing them I was in Kohl's and started having a panic attack because I didn't know what was happening. You really want to avoid taking breaks from the SSRIs if you can at all help it. It throws your brain chemistry into a whirlwind of shitty symptoms. For what it's worth, I was on a high dose of Zoloft and it didn't do a damn thing for my panic disorder, so if it seems to be working for you then I'm glad! Also, one of the best meds I ever agreed to try (although skeptically) was Buspar. Most people are immediately turned off because it takes a while to build up in your system, but I went from virtually not being able to drive more than 30 minutes from home, and having panic attacks daily, to almost nonexistent except for manageable episodes here and there. Just an idea if your current combo isn't doing exactly what you'd like.