• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Breaking news: CBD cures corona!!

I saw that, really interesting. I now wonder how will the general population percieve this? as there are families out there who belives smoking kills, ye brah, now smokin heals -- haha. Beat the virus with another virus.
A few of the non-smokers I know are really against the idea, and actually got quite pissed off with me trying to tell them about it. Acting like it must be nonsense because its related to tobacco and I'm the stupid one for even thinking its a possibility. I think some countries are trialling nicotine patches etc... as a preventative treatment, along with more studies into other nicotinic cholinergic receptor agonists.

There was a recent study suggesting nicotine could prevent infection to some extent. Something to do with nicotinic acetylcholine receptors being a primary route of entry for the virus, and possibly the production of ACE2? The anecdotal evidence suggests regular nicotine users could be up to 40% less likely to become infected.

Think the latest figure I heard was smokers are less likely to get it but twice as likely to die when they do.