• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Brand new to xanax, need help.

monthboy8

Greenlighter
I'm getting a xanax prescription, how much xanax gets you high? for a brand new user to xanax, but slight experience with benzos. less than five highs in all.

Hey @monthboy8 - welcome to Bluelight.

We aren't here to help you get as high as you can.. we are here to help you be safe. I suggest you take one and see how you feel. Don't go chewing up a bunch without any knowledge about the drug.

Be safe, dude. Have fun, but be safe.

1-2mg is enough per person per dose per day.put the tablet in mouth swallow it.wait ten minutes.done

Hey @monthboy8 - welcome to Bluelight.

We aren't here to help you get as high as you can.. we are here to help you be safe. I suggest you take one and see how you feel. Don't go chewing up a bunch without any knowledge about the drug.

Be safe, dude. Have fun, but be safe.
I'm trying to get knowledge so i can be safe, i suppose youre right with the gradual increase. Its hard to gauge lol- thank you!

You are probably going to take them regardless of whether any advice is given, so I will offer my $.02

If you are brand spanking new to xanax and benzos, dont take more than 1mg the first time. Try .5mg and wait for a bit and see how you feel. I made this exact mistake the first time I took xanax. I took way too much (about 10mg + or - 2mg/4mg) with booze and landed in the ER. After that I realized even 2mg would mess me up beyond belief.

It's a very potent chemical and not something to underestimate. Start slow if you are insistent on using it.

I'm here if you have any questions on saftey,
Mr. Deeds

This isn’t a medication to look for to get high, your going to do as you please but you should always start as slow as possible. .5mg. But again you should not be like me and abuse things it won’t lead to anything but more pain 4 u in the long run
I'm getting a xanax prescription, how much xanax gets you high? for a brand new user to xanax, but slight experience with benzos. less than five highs in all.

This isn’t a medication to look for to get high, your going to do as you please but you should always start as slow as possible. .5mg. But again you should not be like me and abuse things it won’t lead to anything but more pain 4 u in the long run
i feel the same way i have gad sad and oud all from xanax bars i had fun with in my 15-23 yrea range now im 34 like fk man they almost killed me

looks like all i can add is to be super careful when dosing alprazolam; it can make one super angry at high doses and cause one to get into "trouble".
start low: .5mg. that should do it for a bit.
the tolerance will go up fairly quickly and one will not be new to it anymore (it does have a dark side... i would not personal recommend visiting there).
getting high on xanax can be euphoric to one with high anxiety but too much is too much. that threshold is a fine line between peace and war.
hope you find your balance and a warm welcome to BL.
know that there are many here (including myself) that have an affinity to benzos.
got questions?
more than likely answers will abound
keep us posted?
ptah

Hey OP, others have answered your question pretty well. In the future, please do try to approach your threads more from a philosophically Harm-Reduction-oriented place. We just don't like for our image to imply that we are all here to get as fucked up as possible, as fast as possible. We have a lot of registered members, sure, but think about all of the un-registered folk who just stop in occasionally and anonymously. No harm done, just giving you the primer!

So, Benzodiazepines are tricky and everyone needs to respect their potential to cause serious mayhem. The devil fools with the best laid plans as they say, and to that end, anyone is capable of accidentally blacking out and burning their house down trying to make a grilled cheese.

If you are inexperienced with Benzodiazepines, then I would not exceed 1mg Alprazolam (Xanax) or equivalent. I can almost guarantee that this dose will not cause blackout. Benzodiazepines, however, lower inhibitions anyway, so there is always the possibility of making a social faux paw and you definitely should not drive a car.

You will be feeling the full effects of the drug approximately one hour after you ingest the Alprazolam. If you want to redose at this point, you can. Just be aware, blackout is not something that most people plan on enduring, it's accidental. Everybody is different, but I can give you my experience as a general reference point. I am a guy that seems to have a naturally high tolerance to most drugs. I have no idea why. I can drink more, take more drugs etc.

1mg Alprazolam, I would barely even feel in a subjective sense. If I'm looking for true anxiety relief, I would take 3mg Alprazolam. If I take 4mg. the situation becomes unpredictable. As I've said, this is all relative, but I think myself and the other BL'ers here here have given you some pretty good points of reference from which to approach your usage.