• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

brain zaps and mdma use

I can only echo what has been said. I've never had brain zaps last longer than a few days from MDMA use, but you threw a lot more into the coctail. Your serotonin is going to be fairly depleted anyway so you may not get much from any further use until you can recuperate a bit. Despite not having the brain zaps lasting for more than a few days - the sleep paralysis from my abuse would, sometimes, last for months after my last use. However, that was with no effort put towards abstinence from cannabis or alcohol.

As has been said, you really shouldn't be so blasé about such heavy use and mixing of these compounds. You may feel invincible but there can be serious physical and psychological effects from this type of usage. I've had short seizures after use and I never went anywhere near as over-the-top as you. We're not judging you or anything remotely like that, we're just concerned about your health. This is, after all, a harm reduction website.

The fact that you're 22 should make you just as cautious as someone of any other age. You've probably got a nice brain ripe with lovely neurotransmitters - you want to keep it that way for as long as possible <3

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your reply above and I didn't realise the thread was from a while ago. I'm glad you're recovering :)

yeah the 5 days afterwards were so so so horrendous and everything is back to normal now apart from these annoying zaps they seem to be worse when I'm anxious, I've been well behaved on all substances apart from alcohol on weekends so I guess that's what slowing the healing process down... cheers

brain zaps are from overdosing, or using way to much during a short period of time, aka abusing it.

yeah it's been 6 weeks but taking forever to get better it's very gradual.... anyone on here ever hand them for like months and months ? could they last years ?

Question about MDMA versus antidepressant zaps)

Anyone here had MDMA brain zaps and antidepressant-withdrawal brain zaps? There's an old thread called "Brain zaps theories/cure ?" where both are discussed, and it seems like there's a difference in when they happen (MDMA typically in bed, antidepressants any time of day) I'm curious because I have haven't had them. I had brain "whooshes" coming off venlafaxine, which seems to be less common.

Actually I'm REALLY curious because last week a woman lost a suit against Eli Lilly, which she brought because she didn't think the warning about discontinuation symptoms gave fair warning. Lilly's expert, "Doctor" Douglas Jacobs, convinced the jury that she was just anxious. Of course that's crap and the liar belongs in prison. My venlafaxine withdrawal got me a 5150 (3 days in the bin whether you like it or not. I found it quite peaceful.) I wasn't the least bit suicidal or aggressive. I was just acting so weird they didn't know what to do. Now that I think of it, impounding me was probably illegal, but hey, police state USA.

My thinking is a jury would believe MDMA users in a hot second about brain zaps, and make a poster campaign full of dire warnings and hand-wringing..."Don't let yourself in for BRAIN ZAPS!"

Back to my original question, anyone had MDMA and antidepressant zaps, and how do they compare? Is it the same feeling, intensity, frequency, etc? Thx.

PS MDMA is being tested by MAPS as a adjunct to talk therapy. Will there be MDMA lawsuits?

Last edited:
so yeah all jokes aside how long can these zaps last for ? cheers

yours still getting them? wow have you been abstaining from drug use and using 5-htp to recover and tuna omega 3 oil?

6 months is a long time.

it's been 6 weeks not 6 months lol... they are getting better I only really get them in the afternoon now when I'm at work or when I'm really tired.... but it's just doin my head in lol but yeah I'm very much looking after myself food and excercise wise, thanks !

it should go away eventually, youll probably get em close to falling asleep like you said, but theyll go away eventually be more careful next time! haha

7-8 months in ages! how much did you take? these zaps are pretty much gone now but had them for 2 months and sometimes randomly come back, it's like they have to get better before they get worse