Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

brain zaps and mdma use

robmatch22

Greenlighter
heavy ecstacy binge brain zaps for 2 weeks

hi

well basically i got back from glastonbury 2 weeks ago and have been having these brain zaps (electric shock feeling inside brain, happens a lot when trying to sleep), i have had this before but never lasted this long before and the rest of the comedown has gone... this year i completely overdid it, in the space of 5 days i took 25 ecstasy pills, gram of ket, gram of coke, acid and a shed load of booze.... so yeah i cained it and now paying the price, 100% learnt my lesson but now worrying if ive permanently damaged my brain.... anyone on here had this before? had it as long as 2 weeks or
longer? it's definatley slowly getting better but it's normally only lasted about 5 days... any advice or info would be appreciated, cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be fine. I've been there several times and always recovered. It's hard to be patient because it's not a great feeling to experience but it'll go away in time :)

Holy shit, that's a huge amount. Yeah I've had those brain zaps as well, usually after serious abuse, like your story illustrates. These after-effects are to be expected after such a binge and I think they appear to be pretty mild even considering the amounts you took. Like desertracer already said, you'll be fine. Stay away from all drugs for a while, including weed and alcohol and try to eat healthy, exercise plenty and generally give your body a break. You'll start to notice yourself getting back to normal in no time

Adding (untested) prefix, if you did test let me know

Last edited:
in the space of 5 days i took 25 ecstasy pills, gram of ket, gram of coke, acid and a shed load of booze....

Asking if you tested your drugs is useless in this point, right? :(

You don't know what you consumed. So, ASSUMING it was MDMA (which we can't be sure), your serotonin levels are bellow the ground. When you consume a single pill, your serotonin levels are depleted, and takes between 4 and 6 weeks to be back at "normal" levels. Your brain is right now in recovery mode, and will be, for several months.

First, don't panic, nothing is probably permanent. The brain is very flexible and can recover from strokes and other issues.

Second, you need to clean up. Please, and this is important, DO NOT CONSUME ANY MORE DRUGS (no weed, no alcohol, no caffeine, no LSD and no MDMA) for at least 6 months or more. Brain recovery is counted in months and not days/weeks. I know it's hard. But you had your fun with the drug, and now you have to pay the price.

Third, you need to live a healthy live style. Eat good, no junk food, drop caffeine, drop alcohol, make exercise (this is important) and spend time in the sun. Some days will be dark, I know, I've been there. But try to stay positive.

Forth, don't overlook information. What you have is a substance abuse. We've been there. Now that you know what you have, stop investigating. There's nothing you'll read online that will make the symthomns go away faster. Trust me, I've been there. STAY POSITIVE. It will go away. I promise.

If you can't sleep (I had the same problem) you go to a doctor and try to get Clonazepan. I took a drop to sleep for a couple of months. That really helped me. But it's addictive, so be careful, GO TO A DOCTOR FIRST, don't get it online. You don't know the dose you have to take. Chamomile tea (over the counter, it's just tea) before sleeping also helps.

Note: I'm thinking about creating a blog post with this, I'm tired to write it all the time when people are coming back from Ibiza, lol

^

Soooo...no more drugs for 6 months...but go to your GP and get drugs? Riiigghhhtttt.

You'll be fine OP. I'd listen to desertracer and BlueBull and try not to freak out at the guy/gal using capital letters.

cheers people... yeah ive got the lovebox music festival in london on saturday not sure if it's gonna go down well..... haha oh well you're only 22 once

cheers people... yeah ive got the lovebox music festival in london on saturday not sure if it's gonna go down well..... haha oh well you're only 22 once

And with that kind of stubborn arrogance, you may never see the day you can so ignorantly state "you're only 23 once". Famous last words.

I truly hope you see how absolutely fucking stupid you'd be to even consider drinking on Saturday, let alone touching anything else.

Jesus...

Man I see trozz's frustration. I have a friend who says that same yolo type crap and he drinks like a fish. I warn him about the abuse on his liver but he's all "fuck it dawg, you only live once"

jesus F man. :D

The people here have genuine concern with these types of things OP.
Take care man

Sorry, when I see a new user sign up and post a thread, I can only assume they're serious :\ I suppose if you had a few more posts to your username I'd have taken a joke :p

Just don't do it man, it's seriously not worth it and you know it. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Usually maximum a month. But with your extensive use maybe a bit longer, who knows?

When I roll which is one dose every couple of months they last up to 2 weeks. No longer. That's the way to roll imo.

X is not a forgiving drug when you abuse it. Ride the waves out.

Cheers

As most others have said, exercise! Try running about 10km tomorrow, it will have dissipated.

I really do think we underestimate the positive impact some mildly intensive cardio can have on our brains.

if you were still having minor brain zaps from excessive ecstasy use but then decided to take more before your brain had fully recovered weeks later, what would happen? would it just make them worse and take longer to heal? or cause more serious damage? any experience from anyone? thank you

thanks people... what would happen if I took any ecstasy whilst still recovering? would it make them worse and prolong the healing or would it cause even more serious damage?

I've merged the two threads you created since they are essentially about the same thing.

I don't think it's wise to roll again before you're back to normal. It will likely make it worse afterwards yes and it will make recovery longer. What damage is done is hard to tell, since they aren't even sure what damage MDMA is capable of. Because of this I think it's best to play it safe, better than regretting it later on. I think rolling while you are still recovering from the previous time is asking for trouble. More so because you've binged on absolutely ludicrous amounts of drugs, it will bite you in the ass sooner or later if you don't give your body time to recover from this

thanks, yeah I see what you mean... it's been 5 weeks and they are getting better but really slowly, will see how it goes