• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Brain Fog Amphetamine?

koda7233

Greenlighter
I currently take 20 mg of dexamphetamine daily for ADD. Recently I have noticed an impairment in cognitive abilities. I am able to focus on whatever I need to focus on, but I feel as if im unable to think fast. I believe its brain fog. I sometimes cant think of the word I need, cannot remember what I was about to do, and my mental proccesses feel slower although it is not severe enough as to impact my daily life. This is my first post so please correct me if needed, any help would be appreciated thanks!

How long have you been taking D-Amp? At what dosage routine? Any other AD(H)D meds? :)

I started treatment 11 months ago with methylphenidate (Ritalin 10) which was unsuccessful due to side effects and was put on dexamphetamine 10 months ago at 3 x 5mg daily then was upped to 2 x10 mg daily. I am not currently taking any other meds.

You'll get a million potential answers for the cause of brain fog, unfortunately. It may be to do with a choline deficiency, though in a good diet you should get enough. If you can handle a long read, there's some decent info on self hacked.

Thanks for all the suggestions ive taken both into consideration and have bought l tyrosine and paying more attention to my diet.