BPC-157 for enhanced recovery and protection from GABA tolerance - any issues taking long term?

Vastness

Bluelight Crew
I have recently been taking BPC-157, or something that purports to be this, via nasal spray, and I have also finally been upping my workout frequency. I feel I have got very good results in terms of enhanced recovery. I never feel quite as "stiff" and achy after a heavy workout as I used to, even if I neglect stretching properly, etc. - the other day I felt a tiny bit of potential onset of tendonitis during a run - this is something that I have had before but been able to manage after seeing a physio and getting some surprisingly simple tendon flexibility/strengthening exercises to do. The next day - ran again, same distance, although colder weather - no twinge at all. This is the same story in any of my workouts, any time I feel I might have overdone it with some achiness, persistent hardcore DOMs, it clears up rapidly and within a day - this was especially noticeable after heavy leg days where usually I get major DOMs around the 2 day mark.

I've cut phenibut entirely for the last month and cut down on benzos a lot which I never have been heavily into, but, been taking etizolam for sleep sometimes. Not huge doses, but I have read that BPC-157 has a potential renormalising effect on the GABA system and in my own experience I would not be surprised since on the whole I do feel a lot better and more healthy - this is after using phenibut very often for years, finally I'm starting to feel more normal without any GABAergics (although I am some today to recover from overdoing it on a dissociative/phenethylame combo yesterday after a fairly heavy workout so as not to just feel really shit and shattered. Not doubt my kidneys didn't thank me processing all that muscle breakdown creatinine followed by the arylcyclohexylamine onslaught... but anyway....)

The only negative I've noticed really is a POSSIBLE effect on sleep - to the negative - this is very surprising as it's opposite to a lot of what I've read - that BPC-157 should enhance sleep - but I have also heard it reported that it can mess with cortisol and thus have a sleep inhibiting effect. Some days honestly I've woken up after 5 hours. I do, typically, not feel terrible. in fact I feel alright, my mood has been good recently although I dunno if I can put this purely down to the BPC-157 - in any case though, I am very wary of this affect because sleep, obviously, is important - and perhaps it's not that I simply need less, but that BPC-157 is masking the usual negatives of not getting enough.

Anyway, so questions...

1) Can anyone shed some light on the sleep issues I describe here, or has experienced anything similar?

2) Are there any potential negatives to taking BPC-157 long term?
Right now I would consider taking it almost continuously... at least outside more extended rest periods... with maybe occasional breaks if I can't resolve the sleep issues otherwise... but maybe there would be some negative to doing this that I am missing.

Wow... I can't believe your ROA gives you results. I've only heard of taking this via subQ or IM near the injury site until the injury is healed AND i've heard of people taking it for GI issues. I think it's too soon to know if there's any negatives from long term use. My experience with it was not long enough to even know if it was effective or not. What MG are you taking?

Ben greenfield has a lot of info on his site about this stuff. He's really smart and will answer your questions. Write him an e-mail or post a question in the comments section of the post on BPC. Here's one of several articles above

This stuff just literally saved my life recently and I’m going to sit down this week to do a detailed write up of my experiences.

I had a severe stage 4 ulcerative colitis flare in March and since then have had severe physical and psychological symptoms - severe depression, anxiety, mood swings, panic attacks and a host of other symptoms for the past 8 months since.

BPC completely obliterated all of the above symptoms in days and out bone back to feeling like I did before my diagnosis 2 years ago.

To answer your question I’ve done some research to make speculations but no one is for sure. I’d think it’s safe long term though and have found reports with up to 3 years of use without issue

I’ll also add that I’d be wary of having any other drugs in your system that mess with neurotransmitters at the same time as the BPC - I make sure to d/c my Adderall and give ample clearance time personally as well as any other psychoactive drugs. Not much info on this but given what we do know of the mechanism I wouldn’t want to combine to be safe.

As far as sleep, when I first started dosing it I slept like a baby for 12 hours a night 3-4 nights in a row and could barely stay awake during the day. Now I’m back to normal but only dose at night because it definitely helps improve my sleep.

Overall I notice I probably need a little less sleep though. Personally I wouldn’t ever use it indefinitely until more info is out - id stick to acute cycle phases and limit extra long term or sporadic use but that’s not based on much real scientific evidence.

Thank you both for responding and excuse the delay responding to my own thread.

Wow... I can't believe your ROA gives you results. I've only heard of taking this via subQ or IM near the injury site until the injury is healed AND i've heard of people taking it for GI issues. I think it's too soon to know if there's any negatives from long term use. My experience with it was not long enough to even know if it was effective or not. What MG are you taking?
I believe I had 10mg which I used over about 3 weeks, so roughly 500mcg/day I guess. I did skip days though, sometimes I'd take less, sometimes more, I was not regimented in my usage. From my understanding though, BPC-157 may not even be necessary to take via nasal spray as it should be active orally.

Ben greenfield has a lot of info on his site about this stuff. He's really smart and will answer your questions. Write him an e-mail or post a question in the comments section of the post on BPC. Here's one of several articles above
Thank you, I have read some stuff by this guy before, I will take your advice I think about emailing him though.

This stuff just literally saved my life recently and I’m going to sit down this week to do a detailed write up of my experiences.

I had a severe stage 4 ulcerative colitis flare in March and since then have had severe physical and psychological symptoms - severe depression, anxiety, mood swings, panic attacks and a host of other symptoms for the past 8 months since.

BPC completely obliterated all of the above symptoms in days and out bone back to feeling like I did before my diagnosis 2 years ago.

To answer your question I’ve done some research to make speculations but no one is for sure. I’d think it’s safe long term though and have found reports with up to 3 years of use without issue
Interesting! Would be fascinated to read your write up.

I’ll also add that I’d be wary of having any other drugs in your system that mess with neurotransmitters at the same time as the BPC - I make sure to d/c my Adderall and give ample clearance time personally as well as any other psychoactive drugs. Not much info on this but given what we do know of the mechanism I wouldn’t want to combine to be safe.
I did not do this - I seem to be just not disciplined with not combining things. I used a lot less drugs over this period however. As I mentioned I did occasionally use benzos and drink - in fact shortly after coming off BPC-157, and having a few beers, it was like I really noticed the difference in the effect on my body and mind - BPC-157 did seem to have some kind of protective effect here. Benzos were less noticeable but I didn't take any BPC-157 this week, I did take a shitload of benzos on the weekend, and I did feel really fucking shitty for the first few days of it! I had some stressful life circumstances that might have played a part though... as ever, what came first, the chicken or the egg? :sneaky: Hard to tell.

As far as sleep, when I first started dosing it I slept like a baby for 12 hours a night 3-4 nights in a row and could barely stay awake during the day. Now I’m back to normal but only dose at night because it definitely helps improve my sleep.
Yeah, I didn't get this, as I say even got the opposite after a while which is very bizarre to me. Even benzos would not knock me out like they usually would. However as I say I wasn't that strict with not taking other stuff... although primarily I just took Adamax via nasal spray also (Semax analogue in case anyone's not familiar)... which for sure could have been a factor too... but it does seem like BPC-157 had some kind of impact as my sleep has normalised a little having come "off".

Personally I wouldn’t ever use it indefinitely until more info is out - id stick to acute cycle phases and limit extra long term or sporadic use but that’s not based on much real scientific evidence.
Probably smart. I could honestly use this stuff quite often though. Even today after working out yesterday I can really notice the difference in recovery time, added achiness, etc... I'll hold off for a bit though and see what it's like without.

Some days honestly I've woken up after 5 hours. I do, typically, not feel terrible. in fact I feel alright,
There was a period in my life so stressed out my blood probably was 1/2 Cortisol and 1/2 blood. Just as a figure of speech.

During that time I for most night's woke up in the middle. After some 4.5/ 5 hours of sleep. Hated that. But something that I picked up from a documentary of some South American tribe. These people, at least most of 'em awoke during the night had some laugh's and conversation. Imagine they all slept together in the hut, kids, grown up's and baby's.

And after that they all went back to sleep again.

I love it.

Had severe inflammation in my stomach and colon and this ´´feels´´ cured after only 2 weeks of use. 250mcg in a spray up the nose.
And for you risky psychonauts. It can even resolve serotonin syndrome.

Most use a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks of approach. Keep in mind peptides are known to be taxing on the liver and kidneys.

Tip number 2 if you plan on rolling you should stop taking this a few days in advance as it diminishes the roll.

And i´m not sure how accurate this is, but i´ve read it can recover tolerance to stims en have a positive effect on both dopamine and serotonin. ) hope it works in practise' D

But the intestenal benefits i can vouch for.

Lastly. Decide for yourself if it´s worth it, because the possibility for cancer does excist. Apparaently due to al the new blood blood vessels it creates. Risk for cancer and tumors is real. (read below)

Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20(7):1121-5.
BPC 157 and blood vessels.
Seiwerth S, Brcic L, Vuletic LB, Kolenc D, Aralica G, Misic M, Zenko A, Drmic D, Rucman R, Sikiric P1.

Abstract:
This review focuses on the described effects of BPC 157 on blood vessels after different types of damage, and elucidate by investigating different aspects of vascular response to injury (endothelium damage, clotting, thrombosis, vasoconstriction, vasodilatation, vasculoneogenesis and edema formation) especially in connection to the healing processes. In this respect, BPC 157 was concluded to be the most potent angiomodulatory agent, acting through different vasoactive pathways and systems (e.g. NO, VEGF, FAK) and leading to optimization of the vascular response followed, as it has to be expected, by optimization of the healing process.
Formation of new blood vessels involves two main, partly overlapping mechanisms, angiogenesis and vasculogenesis. The additional mechanism of arteriogenesis is involved in the formation of collaterals. In conjunction with blood vessel function, we at least have to consider leakage of fluid/proteins/plasma, resulting in edema/exudate formation as well as thrombogenesis. Blood vessels are also strongly involved in tumor biology. In this aspect, we have neoangiogenesis resulting in pathological vascularization, vascular invasion resulting in release of metastatic cells and the phenomenon of homing resulting in formation of secondary tumors – metastases.
Keywords: Vasculogenesis, embryonic/fetal, primary development; Angiogenesis, healing tumors, adults; Arteriogenesis, hypoxia/occlusion induced, secondary, adults; Blood vessel leakage, pressure induced, minimal vessel wall damage induced, edema; Blood vessel leakage, vessel wall damage induced, exudate; Blood vessel obstruction, vessel wall damage, thrombosis.

Last edited by a moderator: