• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos BPC-157 for coming off benzos?? Baclofen was bad!!

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
As the title really.....Anyone heard of this drug or used it, and anyone found it helps coming off benzos? It is called BPC-157.

I have been on Valium for 18 yrs as prescribed, also at the end of my Klonopin taper as prescribed. My Dr gave me Baclofen to ease withdrawal.....It did the total opposite, it sent me into a major panic attack, maybe 30-40 mins after taking the tablet. I then found out the some GABA drugs like Baclofen etc can actually worse withdrawal symptoms due to the GABA receptors that have been damaged by long use of benzo use are trying to fix themselves, so any other GABA med upsets them again.

I was originally prescribed Valium for severe anxiety/agoraphobia. They worked wonders but as time has gone on they are not as effective. Anxiety and agoraphobia are now very bad again. From what I have read being free of benzos is the only way to now get better......Just looking for something to ease the awful withdrawals that wont work on the GABA receptors.

Thanks greatly in advance for any help/replies.

I am not familiar with the aforementioned substance, but you'll probably get a lot of responses advising the utilization of gabapentin (Neurontin) and/or pregabalin (Lyrica). I myself had to shake benzos back in July of this past year, after about 14 years on them (mostly Valium and ending with Klonopin). I was given a super short diazepam taper in a controlled environment with a couple days of lorazepam thrown in there, then ultimately left to fight through it with only gabapentin. I will admit, it did provide some relief for that first month or two, and is likely the only thing that kept me from having seizures (I did suffer one about three months after discontinuation, but this was after being given a tramadol prescription for a broken bone, lowering my seizure threshold even further).

Be prepared for a long road ahead of adjusting to life without benzos. I spent virtually my entire adult life with a benzo script as a crutch to fall back on, and even though -- like yourself -- they eventually ceased to provide the relief they once did, functioning without them has been anything but easy.

Best of luck

EDIT: Clonidine may provide some relief in the form of a sleep aid, as it did for me, though that relief is extremely limited.

Last edited: