• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

BPC 157 and TB 500, other peptides - actually useful in neural/mental-health conditions?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
These two peptides are heavily promoted as being useful for just about everything physiological.

Some sites (hack-your-life.com) with questionably reputability claim they're as effective as anti-depressants in treatment psychological disorders.

Anyone use or have insights in or around these chemicals/peptides?

Supposedly they work via stimulating neural growth and repair...... supposedly.

V interested have been for ages. SARMs too more so mk677 nolt really sarm but relevantly associated

I'd give them a try if I could receive stuff here, what I cant thanks to the Mexican border control mafia, they only allow their own cartels to smuggle but stop technically legal supplements...
Some of the nootropics are pretty interesting, like unifiram which I recently sampled from an overpriced domestic vendor. Also selank/semax felt potential when I tried them years ago, then I had no cognitive dysfunction and thus probably limited effect but well now I've gone through dissociative addiction and feel like my attention span and working memory have shrunken.. maybe these peptides could restore something.

I was using BPC-157 for a while, subcutaneously. It's really great for joint pain, quite excellent for that. I could have sworn I found myself to have more motivation for working out, too, and for keeping away from stimulants. Also less effect from stimulants which was probably part of it. Those aspects were some things I read about it before using it, though, and could potentially have been down to placebo and/or part of general lifestyle changes. But the joint pain relief was undeniable.

Haven't tried the other one.

I tried bpc-157.

Awful brain fog, never again.

Curious about Epitalon, apparently successful anti-aging trials, but it affects cortisol and melatonin = psychoactive = I will almost certainly show poor tolerance for it.

Epitalon.

Haven't tried it but supposedly acts on the pineal gland affect melatonin cycling.

Psychoactive in that sense means I'd probably have an intolerance to it.

Strongly affect brain activity via one study on it also.

bpc-157 ended up being awful for my GABA systems and heavy use presaged a full scale GABA/glutamate system meltdown. i have been too terrified to touch it since ;(

Wow really? I've never heard of that. It just seemed to help with my joint pain when I was taking it.

Wow really? I've never heard of that. It just seemed to help with my joint pain when I was taking it.
Glutamatergics can be pretty awesome as long one isn't overly sensitive to it, I used to love low dose dissociatives to improve cognition and focus (yeah, really) which I believe was the increased output of glutamate (and dopamine to a lesser extent( by antagonizing NMDA autoreceptors / increased AMPAr activation. Unifiram does similar yet much less pronounced and more delicate about dosage because no NMDA-antagonist based excitotoxicity protection. In opposition to general consent I think of excitotoxicity to be felt strongly (headache, tension, jitteryness, feelings of toxicity, strong anxiety, etc) and below really critical amounts when titrated, at least in the sense that no irrepairable damage is done when first symptoms come up. I didn't tolerate dissociatives anymore when I reached the state of critically upregulated NMDA receptors and benzos even at the double of what I'd use usually had little effect besides some uncomfortable character disinhibition but no sedation at all.

d
Glutamatergics can be pretty awesome as long one isn't overly sensitive to it, I used to love low dose dissociatives to improve cognition and focus (yeah, really) which I believe was the increased output of glutamate (and dopamine to a lesser extent( by antagonizing NMDA autoreceptors / increased AMPAr activation. Unifiram does similar yet much less pronounced and more delicate about dosage because no NMDA-antagonist based excitotoxicity protection. In opposition to general consent I think of excitotoxicity to be felt strongly (headache, tension, jitteryness, feelings of toxicity, strong anxiety, etc) and below really critical amounts when titrated, at least in the sense that no irrepairable damage is done when first symptoms come up. I didn't tolerate dissociatives anymore when I reached the state of critically upregulated NMDA receptors and benzos even at the double of what I'd use usually had little effect besides some uncomfortable character disinhibition but no sedation at all.
i have definitely reached critically upregulated NMDA. it's not pleasant and the rebound from any NMDA antagonist at this point affects me for days w excess glutamate/toxic feelings ;(

i have definitely reached critically upregulated NMDA. it's not pleasant and the rebound from any NMDA antagonist at this point affects me for days w excess glutamate/toxic feelings ;(
May I ask you with which drugs you reached this level? Did you get any other symptoms and how's your sober state?

Unfortunately mopst nootropics - specially these which give you more focus or energy, racetams are notorious - probably increase glutamate directly or indirectly but selank might be for you. You might also try sarcosine which is a NMDA enhancing drug (an effect which might be a double edged sword and so far I stood clear of it but somebody told me to know somebody who fucked up his mental health with methoxetamine binges and that sarcosine was the only thing which helped him during the acute phase so it might really be worth trying given that it's just a protein and easily available.

Memantine might or might not be for you but it's maybe the most safe out of the currently available dissociatives and has different kinetics, doesn't fully block NMDAr's at reasonable dosages but primarily shuts off excessive signaling which is why it seems to have (limited) efficacy in Alzheimer's. Trying memantine can't hurt, I used it when I had to stop (while not the main point, health and feelings of toxicity were a major point in doing so) and nothing seemed to help. Things improved quickly after completely stopping NMDA antagonists and mostly healed after 9-12 months. I really, really thought to having fried my brain this time but again it was just plasticity needing to re-adjust. Don't listen to these toxicity folks too much (but of course use the utmost caution with everything you put into your body nevertheless!).

oh it's been a long hard road. I'm realizing now why i had it so bad at the start of the pandemic -- BZD wd from diazepam (downregulated GABA) w simultaneous wanton ket abuse as the pinnacle of nearly two decades of near constant nmda ant abuse. (NMDA critical upregulation). Symptoms were - out of control BP/HR, hallucinations (auditory and visual) wild muscle cramping, tremors, ataxic gait, mental confusion, anxiety, complete "overamped" feeling, definite feeling of straight up nuerotoxicity. took months for it all to subside. fully off the diazepam over 1 year now, did not know the roll ket was playing in it. kept abusing it with off and on episodes. now that i have figured it out mostly - im off ket entirely and things are seeming to get better. I take a lil tuarine here and there, some amanita (for GABA tone), and don't know wtf to do about the NMDA side other than time. I was planning on using a little bit of agmatine in the future to get my nicotine levels down (also atrocious atm), and see how that goes. maybe memantine would be a better choice, and i might have some lying around still. kidney/renal toxicity also played a roll in these symptoms but either way it is all getting better slowly now that i stopped those main two things. any input as to how to further recovery is welcome. BPC-157 in the middle of the bzd/ket wd process to "normalize" gaba systems (as is reported for BPC) seemed to help for a few hours, followed by marked rebound. Everything got much worse after a few runs with it, but it may have been all the other stuff going on.

Yeah, ketalogues will make it better acutely but cause a worse rebound which lasts longer than the effects did before, unfortunately and benzos are the opposite of the same medallion, BZD withdrawal is not the same but also not too far away from glutamatergic excitotoxicity. Note that our brains are complex enough for to have several layers of protection, e.g. there are specific proteins which are released on overheating of a cell, or take tolerance against excessive agonism, and we have much more brain cells than we need to function - it's not single cells failing, for to be sp wacky out natural AI is way too sophisticated. It's when many cells fail at the same time, and when they fail to recover within their 'designed' measures. So, yeah there is toxicity happening, and probably will drugging cost us some of them but this doesn't mean we get (measurably) dumber because of that. The primary point is that one doesn't feel good when there's something toxic going on (see ethanol - it's not it itself but metabolites causing most damage -> rebound). Ketamine is bad in that it hits fast and hard, and dissociates fast again when glutamate is most vulnerable from acute tachyphylaxis. Long-acting ones like DCK had way less rebound for me and DCK was even usable when I didn't tolerate others anymore. But then again I theorize that NMDA is just a secondary target of DCK or one of the primary but not the only. Just what the heck it then does, I have no clue at all. It's the most cuddly fluffy drug by far and I've sampled a fair share of them.

Repeated, maybe just maybe might selank be for you. It felt pretty GABAergic to me and seems not to upregulate things too bad.

What sort of effects do you get from (I assume threshold?) doses of amanita? Been curious about it for longer but all the guys telling how deadly it is, and knowledge about how bad delirant trips can go, did make me stay away from it so far but a GABAergic hallucinogen would be an interesting primer.

I would suggest to continue on a low dose of benzodiazepine and titrate it very, awfully slow when such excitotoxic feelings come up. But memantine might be the better choice, if it helds its promise of not upregulating more. At least it has a multiple day long half life which means titration built in a la Prozac, I couldn't confirm that weird theory of it only catching excessive activity but would rather label it as a full-on dissociative but it's true that I got less adverse effects from it, there is no physical irritation, and comparatively little hangover - just notice that you won't be able to sleep at first for possibly more than just one day. Has an antidepressant effect though, to stay up overnight.

Pregabalin failed for me, or better said it turned out to be biphasic - lower doses are primarily GABAergic, this saturates somewhere around 900-1200mg and more begins to become increasingly glutamatergic. So if your tolerance is low, pregabalin might help too. It worsened my acoustic hallucinations though while they were worst - the primary, easily identifiable symptom I got from excitotoxicity. Not voices but something close to hearing some, but clearly coming from within ones own mind. And of course much of what you described too. Nothing visual though, and I'd rather trade for visual hallucinations but anyways, it's subsiding.

Weirdly can stims even help with glutamatergic toxicity, it's pure guesswork but I read that dopamine also acts as a safety net against too much glutamate, which makes some sense - also part of the dopaminergic receptors (the D3 kind if I'm correct) is actually inhibitive. Stim rebound might be dreadful though but with a little dose it might be worth trying. I'm talking about homeopathic dosages here! Or better go for pramipexole - at first 0.75mg of that sent me straight into the realm of dreams and it felt beneficial, yet not for what I intended to use it, for morphine withdrawal.