• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Boyfriend addicted to cocaine I need help

In late but I have some thoughts.

This is important: you are not stupid or dumb. It is not at all your fault that he uses, yes? So you aren't to blame. If anything, you're being a very empathetic human being, the kind of person that addicts and bad people prey upon. I think that you should get support from friends/family soon so that you can move out of this toxic place you're in, mentally and physically.

I'd have his heart checked ASAP if possible. Cocaine does a number on it. Especially if he's doing five grams in a day and it's remotely pure.

What you describe are physical withdrawal symptoms that to my knowledge are largely due to use of opioids, benzos, and/or alcohol. A lot of cocaine addicts are also alcoholics, as they synergize, which makes the heart effects much worse. Lots of addicts use more than one substance. I mean if you're talking about the bed that wet..things don't make sense to me there if it's only a stimulant addiction. Trouble sleeping, yes, but not these terrible physical symptoms otherwise.

But again, this is about you. You don't owe him anything at this point. It can be a brutal world.

Thanks for all ur comments. To update: currently my boyfriend is in a custody battle with his wife and the court ordered both him and his ex wife to take a drug test (both urine and hair). Not even thinking that he would possibly have to submit to a drug test; the night before he took 2 ecstasy pills and did some coke “to even him out from the rolls), saying he needed the drugs to clear his mind a ready him for court the next day. His ex wife already has 2 counts of drug use documented by Child Protective Services, so I told him before hand that I thought it was both logical and possible that he will have to pee. He had then started his usual coked out roid rage and I just gave up. The only thing I could have done was make sure he wakes up and goes to court on time. When the judge mandated the test to both him and his ex, he immediately started crying, knowing he would pop positive mdma, cocaine and god knows what else. The rest of the day he kept sobbing that he lost his daughter and that she will be put into foster care. This was kind of what I was waiting for, as sick as this sounds. I hoped it was the wake up call that would finally scare him to stop. For a little less than a week, he was clean. Then yesterday he takes 6 ecstasy rolls while I was out, saying he needed to take his mind off things and “don’t worry it’s just rolls, it’s not addictive.” He claimed that this would be his very last hooray before going to an outpatient program. Throughout the night he fished for compliments, saying he doesn’t even crave coke at all and he won’t let it ruin his life. Of course I acquiescenced and showered him with good jobs for not doing coke, hoping that it would further his drive. He later got more fucked up and then stayed out on a binge until 6 am. I was at home watching his 5 year old. I am finally accepting the fact that I would never want to raise a child with someone who is a liar, delusional and always plays the victim (when he is usually the aggressor bc he’s high). Today he begged and cried that this was the last time and he was completely done with drugs. I have heard this so many times before (I have seen more of him coked up than sober in the 5 years we have been together). “It’s the last bag.” “It’s the last line, I promise.” Am i right? It is time to give up, right guys?

Thanks for all ur comments. To update: currently my boyfriend is in a custody battle with his wife and the court ordered both him and his ex wife to take a drug test (both urine and hair). Not even thinking that he would possibly have to submit to a drug test; the night before he took 2 ecstasy pills and did some coke “to even him out from the rolls), saying he needed the drugs to clear his mind a ready him for court the next day. His ex wife already has 2 counts of drug use documented by Child Protective Services, so I told him before hand that I thought it was both logical and possible that he will have to pee. He had then started his usual coked out roid rage and I just gave up. The only thing I could have done was make sure he wakes up and goes to court on time. When the judge mandated the test to both him and his ex, he immediately started crying, knowing he would pop positive mdma, cocaine and god knows what else. The rest of the day he kept sobbing that he lost his daughter and that she will be put into foster care. This was kind of what I was waiting for, as sick as this sounds. I hoped it was the wake up call that would finally scare him to stop. For a little less than a week, he was clean. Then yesterday he takes 6 ecstasy rolls while I was out, saying he needed to take his mind off things and “don’t worry it’s just rolls, it’s not addictive.” He claimed that this would be his very last hooray before going to an outpatient program. Throughout the night he fished for compliments, saying he doesn’t even crave coke at all and he won’t let it ruin his life. Of course I acquiescenced and showered him with good jobs for not doing coke, hoping that it would further his drive. He later got more fucked up and then stayed out on a binge until 6 am. I was at home watching his 5 year old. I am finally accepting the fact that I would never want to raise a child with someone who is a liar, delusional and always plays the victim (when he is usually the aggressor bc he’s high). Today he begged and cried that this was the last time and he was completely done with drugs. I have heard this so many times before (I have seen more of him coked up than sober in the 5 years we have been together). “It’s the last bag.” “It’s the last line, I promise.” Am i right? It is time to give up, right guys?

Yeah, time to move on, a long time ago. He needs help that you won't be able to provide.

Shit, I don’t even know how I found this older thread, but this was my life for the last 2 years of my marriage with my 2nd husband. Heavy cocaine binges, non-stop talking and teeth grinding when he made it to bed. We’d done blow the whole time we were together, but the last 2 years were so bad because he’d lost his job but was having an affair with the wife of a retired (and disgraced) American League MLB player who was really into working out and her trainer started supplying him with steroids. He was BlowHole 2.0 once he started seeing her.

I’m guessing by the OP’s name she’s Australian. I’m not sure what they cut blow with there. But in Southern California, all the blow I’ve encountered has been cut with mannitol, a sugar alcohol that is quite similar to Sorbitol and Xylitol that can be found in sugarless gum + candy. Sugar alcohols, mannitol in particular, has a medical use as a laxative. Cocaine users often experience gas, bloating + diarrhea due to the mannitol.

Black stools or black diarrhea can be a sign of intestinal or gastric bleeding. I had this, along with accompanying weakness. So I went to the hospital where I stayed for a few days with bleeding ulcers that lead to anemia. I had blood transfusions. I don’t need to see black stools to know I need to be treated for anemia, if I’m too weak to walk across a room, I need blood.