• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos boost or dull opiate experience?

I am prescribed benzos, but whenever I am planning on taking opiates I halve my benzo dosage since I find benzos to dull the opiate high. Basically I take opiates to become more social, talkative, and for the empathy I feel on them. Benzos inhibit the effects I desire from opiates, so that's why I don't combine them.

personally i can't even feel opioids without also taking a GABAA-PAM, but i'm dependent on them to an obscene degree from years of benzo/barb abuse. waaay back when i first got on them (for the express purpose of opiate potentiation) though, I was strongly of the opinion that alprazolam enhanced the euphoria from IV H.

Edit: also, barbiturates will unquestionably increase the effects, though at the cost of decreased duration, of anything with a more active demethylated metabolite (codeine, hydro/oxycodone, DHC, tramadol) due to the way they induce hepatic cytochrome P450 enzymes. "doors and fours" is a historical example of something similar (yeah yeah doriden isn't a barb whatever)

Last edited:
mute, mute, mute. only thing that helps opiates is more opiates. IMO.

I love being able to feel all of my emotions when I'm high on opiates. While adding a benzo to your opiate will get you more fucked up, it will definitely dull the overall experience

Usually, if I'm adding benzos to opiates, my intent is to hit a nice nod or just generally dissolve myself from existence and feel amazing for a while. So from my perspective, benzos enhance opiates usually. I found the other day that adding a ladder on top of my 1 bag of dope made it feel like literally 2-3 bags! I hardly ever get that pronounced of an effect, but it felt great and was exciting.

IMO benzos go along well with opiates. Benzos increase the relaxation and the feeling of not caring about ANYTHING. With opiates alone you feel relaxed but you can still have normal emotional responses, such as getting upset or being sad (well to a degree). If you add benzos it adds to the relaxation of opiates, and does not really diminish the euphoria in my opinion. The thing I find most euphoric about opiates is the body high. The thing I find euphoric, if you can call it that, is the mental effects of benzos. While benzos are not euphoric is the usual sense, the relaxation and relief you get from them feels great. Also, there is muscle relaxation with benzos. When I have mixed them I had a better high than if I had taken each one separately.

benzos take away form the bliss i feel from a good shot of dope taking them together just makes me tired and ofter black out

when i was using, i used xanax almost every time i did my opana/h i could probably say i got addicted to both off them around the same time, more so opiates, but anyways, i know almopst 100% of time doing opana i did xanax with it(my roommate was prescribed them both), and probably 50%-75% of the time i did xanax with heroin, so yes they make it stronger, if your like me looking for a hard nod

whatthe fuck. opiates and benzos is the most euphoric combo out there IMO, however it is also the most dangerous

800mgs of taget me 2 pints of GFJ will really potentiate your benzos, im on xanax, but im sure it would do the same to other, esp ones in the triazolo class like halcion.

add the methadone to the mix and i feel pretty good. but i have bee doing this kind of stuff for a while....DEF NOT!!!! i repeat!!! NOT! something people with loe tolerances should be messing with. opiate and benzos are responsible for a lot of toe tags at the morgue;

benzos ruin the opiate experiance. unless your takin a very small dose like .5 - 1 mg of xannax. makes you a little more relaxed and nod harder

8( i just ate 30 mg of Valium and smoked 60mg of Oxycodone and i can barely keep my eyes open enough to read any of this shit. :| so i like the combo. <3 but i have a question id like answered, :? is it ok to do the valium and IV morphine? :? and if so can you IV the Valium as well?:?:?:?:?

8( i just ate 30 mg of Valium and smoked 60mg of Oxycodone and i can barely keep my eyes open enough to read any of this shit. :| so i like the combo. <3 but i have a question id like answered, :? is it ok to do the valium and IV morphine? :? and if so can you IV the Valium as well?:?:?:?:?

I used to take valium/xanax/clonazepam and IV heroin so im sure the combo will be alright. If the valium is pills don't IV it. If it is in vials, sure - i used to "obtain" them from the docs surgery all the time...

And in my opinion Benzo's potentate euphoria of opiates. I have had many combinations of heroin/morphine/oxycodone/methadone/codeine/buprenorphine with alprazolam/diazepam/flunitrazepam/clonazepam.... Each time I was exceptionally high and had more euphoria combining the two.

If you want a good nod go for heroin and flunitrazepam. If you want euphoria go for heroin and xanax (take xanax 1 hour before)/clonazepam (take the clonazepam 3 hours before). If you only have oxycontin and valium then i'm sure you will still have fun :)

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't like combining benzos with any opiate. Ruins the euphoria and makes the high feel so dull and bland. Plus the increased risk for respiratory depression isn't worth it at all.

I took xanax with my methadone, dulled it. Also dulled my hydrocodone. So I say no benzos, stick to only opiates if you want good euphoria. I don't get the crazy benzo and opiate combinations. Yea you become more sedated, but it basically ruins the high.

As mentioned,
Benzos increase the 'Sedative High' and decrease the 'Euphoric High' so anyone can argue that the high is better when combining these.

As for the opiate experience, well, benzos are going to dull any experience... that's just what they do. It will in term form it's own experience, which for me feels like a muddled opiate high. But some people like adding amnesia to their opiate?

Add a benzo to pretty much any drug, and then it just become a little more benzo-ish. Which sucks unless you're ready for bed.

I really hated that combo, they potentiate each other and even with small dosages, after I come down it's like I didn't even get to enjoy the high because I was time lapsed.

Combining Benzos with opiates is also very dangerous and has led to a very large amount of OD's, many of them fatal.

It really shouldn't be looked at as a means to boost your high... I personally am not a fan of it anyway. I like my heroin high pure and unadultered.. unless of course if IV'ing coke along with it, but everything else just gets in the way for me personally. I've also OD'ed and have had many friends OD from using benzos and doing dope.. it can just happen one day even if you've been doing it a bunch of times and ended up fine. Not fun.

IME valium goes the best with opioids, although kpins are great. My usual combo, at least recently, has been valium and vicodin, 5mg/40-50mg, respectively. Its a dangerous combo, however, so nontolerant users should avoid mixing opiates with CNS depressants.

You know its funny; opiates used to give me energy, especially heroin - i would feel like a "hero" i believe thats where the name came from. Often when i took lower dosages of stimulants i would fall asleep. Someone told me that means i have ADHD.

Any how, having this extra energy after a shot of what ever opiate i used did not go along with my friends next to me who often went straight on the nod. So I started taking benzos with my opiates and found them much more enjoyable, especially smoking a nice joint after. We are all different, i think that is the point.

And I agree that the benzo/opiate combination is a recipe for disaster, even if you know what you are doing. But hey that was the game i played when i used to get high off them, it was like Russian Roulette. I lost a number of close friends who OD'd using this combination. The last was using a massive dose of oxy with temazepam. His room mate was in the lounge room waiting for him yet, when she found him lying in the hall way he was dead...It happened very quickly and affected us all greatly. So whilst i say the combo worked for me, i guess i should be a little hypocritical and say: Don't do it.

In my experience, I've come to realize that it's dependent upon which type of benzo, as well as the ratio between the two.

When I do use this combo, It has to be either valium, temazepam, or etizolam and the dose should remain relatively low, as benzos have the tendency to over shadow some of the positive effects produced by opiates

My all time favorite is IV heroin mixed with 1mg of etizolam that has been dissolved into a propylene glycol solution. It is quite lush and etizolam has its own unique euphoria that other benzos lack.

If its something like xanax then forget it. Xanax totally kills the euphoria provided by opiates.