• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos boost or dull opiate experience?

From what I've seen over the years, and what has been said in this thread - the only people that seem to love the opiate/benzo combo are total opiate rookies. If you're a dyed in the wool junkie, the only thing that boosts an opiate is MORE OPIATES!! Plus, this combination just sucks cock in every regard - sorry I'm being blunt here, but it seems like every death or OD I hear about is from this combo. If you "like" the feeling this gives you, IMO you're fooling yourself into thinking it's somehow cool to feel all spaced out, tired and shitty. That's not a good high, that's a waste of good drugs. I don't wanna sound like I'm lecturing anybody, but I just don't see the point.

I'm not the biggest Benzo fan in general either, but I do take them to fall asleep sometimes. That's really all they do for me and they work great for that. I do feel the "high" from them, I just think it's a stupid high. Something I would never waste my money on if I didn't already have a script for it.

From what I've seen over the years, and what has been said in this thread - the only people that seem to love the opiate/benzo combo are total opiate rookies. If you're a dyed in the wool junkie, the only thing that boosts an opiate is MORE OPIATES!! Plus, this combination just sucks cock in every regard - sorry I'm being blunt here, but it seems like every death or OD I hear about is from this combo. If you "like" the feeling this gives you, IMO you're fooling yourself into thinking it's somehow cool to feel all spaced out, tired and shitty. That's not a good high, that's a waste of good drugs. I don't wanna sound like I'm lecturing anybody, but I just don't see the point.

I'm not the biggest Benzo fan in general either, but I do take them to fall asleep sometimes. That's really all they do for me and they work great for that. I do feel the "high" from them, I just think it's a stupid high. Something I would never waste my money on if I didn't already have a script for it.

benzos and opiates make a nice combo, it just chills out the opiate a little bit so you need to compensate dosing.. and an opiate rookie?? i was on 3 years OC's 2 years H 1yr bupe and then another bupe 4years when i got outta jail..
I know, not a HUGE time using opes like some people but it was still years of taking opiates daily i hardly consider myself a newbie or rookie.. i am not going to fight with you tho. I am saying no more than this post.

Last edited:
benzos and opiates make a nice combo, it just chills out the opiate a little bit so you need to compensate dosing.. and an opiate rookie?? i was on 3 years OC's 2 years H 1yr bupe and then another bupe 4years when i got outta jail..
I know, not a HUGE time using opes like some people but it was still years of taking opiates daily i hardly consider myself a newbie or rookie.. i am not going to fight with you tho. I am saying no more than this post.

There's always exceptions, but look back through this thread for instance - everyone who seems to love this is talking about shit like "I took a Xanax and snorted a half of a 30mg Roxy, then I ate the other half - IT WAS DOOOOOOPE!!" Who does one 30mg Roxy? Haha. That's my own personal experience with people I know too. Never knew anyone deep into opiates who wanted anything to do with a Benzo.

If you like it, good for you. Just saying, it seems like a lot of kids love playing around with this combo and IMO there are way better, safer and more productive ways to become a drug addict.

It may also be that some actually benefit from benzos normally. I have GAD, so that may be why I find the combo beneficiary.

I know takin just 1mg of xanax with my sub does wonders for me. I actually feel a decent opiate buzz when i take this combo. I've never tried mixing a benzo with a full agonist so i can't really comment on that. Maybe people are saying they only took one roxie 30 because they took it with some benzos. Usually people lower there doses when they mix substances. I mean that seems like it would be the reason as to why you would dose that combo. I've really only used combos so that i wouldn't have to take as much as my normal dose would be, usually because i'm low on supply of something.

I'm on 200mg mmt once daily and 2mg xanax(generic brand) 3x daily and I dont like the way I nod so much. I dose at 7 or 8 am and I'm ready to nap at 1pm until 6pm for supper. After supper I stay up for a few hours and then drift off into nodland and have cool REM dreams every night around 4am to 6am.

What does everyone think? would I feel the methadone Opiate glow more if I tapered off the xanax and was not on any benzo at all? I dont know because back in 2006 I went off suboxone and started mmt and I was on valium 10mg 2x daily back then and my very first dose of methadone at the clinic was lovely. I felt almost like I was on Morphine, however that lasted only 4 hours and by 4pm I was starting to wd and had to take norco 10/500's to get me through the night and keep wd's at bay.

Flunitrazepam taking BEFORE taking any opiate,will boost the opiate for sure,that's the reason that a lot of people died of taking rophynol and then IV h,almost everyone know it,and i think that's the reason that it's so difficult nowadays to prescript rophynol.All the benzo will boost your opiates,IMO,but it's about the doses,i think that if you take a little of an opiate and a lot of benzo's,you would be like taking benzo's(only),but if you wanna boost your opiates,you could take a regular amount of benzo's,whatever benzo,and the amount of opiate that you usually take,IMO always..Of course some benzo will boost your opiates more than others will(an example flunitrazepam or lorazepam more than alprazolam or clonazepam).I don't think it's the same for everyone..

MartinFn

I'm on 200mg mmt once daily and 2mg xanax(generic brand) 3x daily and I dont like the way I nod so much. I dose at 7 or 8 am and I'm ready to nap at 1pm until 6pm for supper. After supper I stay up for a few hours and then drift off into nodland and have cool REM dreams every night around 4am to 6am.

What does everyone think? would I feel the methadone Opiate glow more if I tapered off the xanax and was not on any benzo at all? I dont know because back in 2006 I went off suboxone and started mmt and I was on valium 10mg 2x daily back then and my very first dose of methadone at the clinic was lovely. I felt almost like I was on Morphine, however that lasted only 4 hours and by 4pm I was starting to wd and had to take norco 10/500's to get me through the night and keep wd's at bay.

I think that you would feel the methadone less if you take off the benzo's,but this is just my opinion..maybe you should play with the doses and the time you take them,only my opinion,i repeat..

Opiates and benzo's are nice. However after being a mixer of the two for several years. I actually prefer opiates alone.

The advantage to combining different benzo's however is the fact that you can theoreticlly take less. However I find that hypocratical and usually end up taking the same amount and nodding out to hard.

I'll take the euphoria instead of the black out nod.

Opiates and benzo's are nice. However after being a mixer of the two for several years. I actually prefer opiates alone.

The advantage to combining different benzo's however is the fact that you can theoreticlly take less. However I find that hypocratical and usually end up taking the same amount and nodding out to hard.

I'll take the euphoria instead of the black out nod.

Right

I always find the hit of the gear the next day, after valium, mogiies, or temmazies is the nicest, used to get proper pins and needles and scratch like fuck, by far the best opiate hit and euphoria for me.
And to say that im a total opiate rookie, is a tad patronising. Ive been on the gear for over 20 years, IV most of that. So I think i know what im talking about. I manage to keep a job down for 10+years, and had never had time off until this drought. I was doing a teenth a night in pre drought. So I dont think im a rookie or noobie whatever you want to call.
Everyone is different, and just because you like something, dosnt mean to say i will, or vice versa.
Anyway Peace and Good Vibes

Thattoh

Boost for sure. I don't know where some of you got the idea that its dangerous...Well, in really large doses it is of course, but doctors give ativan and fentanyl to damn near every surgical patient that comes in. Pain patients are frequently prescribed opiates together with valium for its muscle relaxing effect. Just don't go overboard with the benzo dosage. I'd say stick with the recommended therapeutic levels, otherwise your looking at a chemical coma and respiratory failure.

Also, for God's (I mean Darwin's) sake, don't drink with this combo. Mixing diff benzos IME is also dangerous...I blackout every time.

I dosed 3mg Klonopin and 60mg of hydrocodone today and I felt more sedated than usual. I was hoping the klonopin would boost the hydro as I have a high opiate tolerance and dont need all that tylenol. Ended up masking the hydro a little but amplifying sedation. I would def do it again.

I dosed 3mg Klonopin and 60mg of hydrocodone today and I felt more sedated than usual. I was hoping the klonopin would boost the hydro as I have a high opiate tolerance and dont need all that tylenol. Ended up masking the hydro a little but amplifying sedation. I would def do it again.

The reason you were more sedated is because of the combined 2 CNS depressants. Just because you say you have a high tolerance doesn't mean anything when it comes to combining. Be very careful and tread with caution as you sound new to the "game", 60mg hydro isn't high. 86 the benzos and dose your correct amount of Hydro, do a CWE. Benzos or Opioids, Pick 1. Or if Hydro just does not do it for you anymore, and you don't want to do a CWE, move onto pure Oxycodone. However I suggest staying with Hydro if you need to do something. It sucks climbing the ladder.

Btw this is an old thread.

Triazolo benzo's ruin it for me, atleast on high doses. But kpins/rivatril seems to be energetic for me on it's own, and when added to oxy's "feel good"/"euphoric" mood it definately add's to the buzz

if i don't have a lot of said opiate or a weak opiate (codeine, dextrpropoxyphene...), i will take some benzos and it makes it more enjoyable.... however if i have enough opiates i will only take 1 maybe 2 benzos a cuple of hours in

first off combining CNS depressants is never safe. that being said, here are my opinions on this subject:
a low potency opioid like tramadol definitely gains in recreational value by adding whatever is a medium to strong dose of whatever benzo is on hand.
while with a high potency opioiod, the euphoria is almost always dampened.

Everyones different imo. I always liked the quadfecta if I had it. Opiates+soma+benzo+alcohol. That being said it is a dangerous combo for the inexperienced. I find I prefer opiates by themselves but once your tolerance gets so high it stops doing it for me and I tend to mix.