• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ Books - Authors & Books Discussion

@cduggcduggles, thank you! I am still “green”/noob...I apologize if I am creating extra work for you.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions as far as what some good books may be. I haven't read anything for awhile and am in desperate need of something to read.

My favorite authors are Irvine Welsh, Chuck Palahniuk(obviously), Craig Clevenger, William Burroughs, Hunter S. Thompson, and Ken Keasey.

Any advice is appreciated.
Oh, the classics. Did all the possible drugs of those times. Burroughs was born in a wealthy family, didn't have to really work his whole life. Who wouldn't do drugs and write with that place?

S
Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions as far as what some good books may be. I haven't read anything for awhile and am in desperate need of something to read.

My favorite authors are Irvine Welsh, Chuck Palahniuk(obviously), Craig Clevenger, William Burroughs, Hunter S. Thompson, and Ken Keasey.

Sure! I just finished THHT3: The Hollywood Hills Trilogy 3. It's a pop poetry book. Talks about lots of cool things and even has a Hunter S Thompson reference or two in it. Anyways, I bought you the Kindle version on Amazon, don't worry it was only 3 bucks. So yeah, you get it for free. I sent a link to your Inbox since you can't post links on Discussion Threads. Please let me know when you get it. Much Love!

what's the story that ends with a girl wandering around in a park until she freezes? i think maybe she gets locked in. could be classic literature and someone will know in a second (though google was no help, so not too classic). could be random as fuck and asking is pointless. can't remember if it's a short story or novel.

What are your top 10 and bottom 10 Stephen King books?

Top 10 (no particular order): It, Misery, The Shining, 'Salems Lot, Rose Madder (I read this while struggling with severe anxiety and King's description of her anxiety is the best I have ever read), Pet Semetary, Needful Things, Desperation, Dreamcatcher, Black House

Bottom 10 (in no particular order) Christine, The Dead Zone, Lisey's Story, Dolores Claiborne, The Dark Tower IV, The Dark Tower V, Cujo, Thinner, Revival, 11/22/63

I've just finished Perfume by PATRICK SUSKIND . Quite good as for me. This book played a big role in my study. I needed to write an essay about this book and it was too hard for me. I've made few parts of it but then just decided not to waste my time and asked for help here. I guess I've made right decision. Despite all these facts I really liked Perfume and now I'm going to read some other books of this author

Last edited:
DURAS%2Bby%2Bwho%2Bknows.jpg

Lolita — Vladimir Nabakov
And The Ass Saw The Angel — Nick Cave
The Handmaid’s Tale — Margaret Atwood
The Heart Goes Last — Margaret Atwood
A Little Life — Hanya Yanagihara

Just picked up a book by one of my favorite authors, Mitch Albom. It's his newest one, "Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family."

Waiting on delivery like
giphy.gif

Albom is easily in my top 5 authors of all time. I'd like to eventually read all of his books but so far I only have a few under my belt.

I've read Albom before too. Good stuff! I read A Lot of science fiction & Fantasy. A thread alone could be started just on those 2 genres.

Camus Vonnegut Ellison Kierkegaard

There's the narratives I've written-Chemical Sensitivity, Venusian Science, and The Psychedelic PUA.

Others I recommend are The Game-Neil Strauss, Body Language-Pearse, Unlimited Power-Robbins. These will turn you into a sociopath.
Then for the psychopaths Intoxication-Siegel, Pihkal & Tihkal-Shulgin.

If you can't get the girl after reading the first three, the second three will help you forget about her.

This is really a long shot, but has anybody on this board read the very obscure and macabre book 'Assisted Living' by swedish author Nikanor Teratologen?
(His name is a psuedonym; Teratologen stems from the word 'Teratologi', which in english is Teratology; it's the study of abnormalities of physiological development. He remained anonymous for quite a while before his cover was blown. His real name is Sten Niclas Birger Lundkvist.)

I haven't read the english translation, yet, but I thought that William Burroughs 'Naked Lunch" and Marquis de Sades 'The 120 days Of Sodom' were disturbing to an extent, until I got this monsterous book. No book has been close to the utter and sheer depravity this masterpiece contains.
The language, at least in swedish, is as mindblowing and genius as it is vile, sadistic and straight out reprehensible.

This book is not for the faint of heart, the easily offended or the politically-correct, decent people out there; it'll there you to shreds.

Here's a short summary;

It's protagonists are Helge (called 'Pyret' , which roughly translates into Tot, or Tiny Tot) and his grandfather, Holger Holmlund a.k.a Grandpa Geezer, who is a violent, gay male chauvinist, a Nazi and a satanist, an anti-intellectual with an interest in philosophy; a drug-addict and an incestuous pedophile, a cannibal and a killer, a human degraded to into a beast. The book is written as 11-year olds Helges account as his grandpa's sex slave, his serial killer side-kick and life companion, collected and compiled by a friend of Grandpa Geezer, who had kidnapped, raped and murdered Helge.

Throughout the book, this duo shoots down an entire family hiking in the forrest, a mother, a father and their children, while joyously getting agitated by the carnage; Grandpa Geezer performs auto-fellatio; Helge put the remains of a maimed, mutilated boy his own age over Grandpas barbecue and flogs it as it's getting ready for consumtion; in grandpas basement is a meatlocker filled with the remains of the victims. Grandpa Geezer does have a bit of insight into his own perversions as he agrees with what a psychiatrist who's examined him concluded;
"...I’m ‘an evil, phallic narcissist’ with ‘necrophiliac tendencies’ . . . A ‘schizophrenic solipsist’ filled with ‘demonic rage, an insane thirst for revenge, and a wild contempt for the entire human race..."

It comes off as something written simply for the sake of shock and awe, but the way Lundkvist pieces together words to convey this horrid and wicked world is simply put, genius.

It struck down in Sweden like an atomic bomb of moral degradation and decadence trangressing anything ever written in the swedish language.
Here's a rough translation of how one critique tried to sum up the reception of the book;

"While the book is branded as the "most disgusting and perverse" ever written in our country, it is unreservedly acknowledged to be vital, astute and linguistically ingenious. ... Disgusting, morbidly perverted, satanically disgusting, disgusting, abominable, but at the same time astute and skilfully shocking, believes a practically united body of critics."

Okay, enough ranting - I get excited talking about this book, and just now saw it had been translated into english.
And, even though it should be obvious; no, I do not in anyway condone any of the themes in this book, but that should go without saying.

If you like macabre, morbid, perverted and morally corrupted texts and themes, this is a book for you.

So, anyone?

There's the narratives I've written-Chemical Sensitivity, Venusian Science, and The Psychedelic PUA.

Others I recommend are The Game-Neil Strauss, Body Language-Pearse, Unlimited Power-Robbins. These will turn you into a sociopath.
Then for the psychopaths Intoxication-Siegel, Pihkal & Tihkal-Shulgin.

If you can't get the girl after reading the first three, the second three will help you forget about her.

Body Language is great. My friend tried to get me to read The Game, not my cup of tea at all. Haven't heard about Unlimited Power though.
Is it worth a read?

If you really wanna cultivate your machiavellian side, "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene &
"Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking" by Christopher Hadnagy are great tools for social manipulation when combined with Pearse.