• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Body Tolernace for Adderall?

you're in college.. how do you fuck on that much adderall? idk about you but my dick turns into a gummy worm when i take adderall or ritalin

It's natural for you to develop a tolerance if you've been on the prescribed dose for as long as you've been. I would recommend reporting the lack of symptom relief to your prescribing doctor. Typically you're either prescribed a higher dose or are prescribed a different medication to help alleviate symptoms of adhd. You can also try switching to IR formulas provided your state or province allows them to be prescribed. IR formulas may be more effective and provide more symptom relief but must be taken multiple times a day, and have a greater chance of being abused.

In regards to tolerance. It can take several weeks to months before your tolerance is reset. This depends entirely on how long, and how frequently you have used the medication. I would argue that a handful of months would be enough to reset your tolerance

If you've used it as needed and sparingly with minimal recreational use it should only take four to six months to see its effects reamerge. Heavy users would likely have to wait several months before seeing it's benefits reamerge. However the immediate effects of the medication will likely vanish after continued use its therapeutic effect remains. It's just that some desired side effects such as sense of well being are dramatically decreased. It's still acting on the cns as a stimulant. Part of tolerance build is that these effects become less apparent while it's role as a medecine if taken as prescribed still benefits the user.

Many believe that because some noted and desired side effects vanish that the medication has stopped working. Although prolonged use of an amphetamine medication will warrant the need for an increase or abstinence from the medecine after its therapeutic quality has become null and stopped alleviating adhd symptoms.

I would recommend discussing this with an addiction medecine doctor. They would be capable of giving you a better estimated timeline and any recommendations they make would likely hurry the process.

I'm unaware of any way to speed the process up. However 15 mg of an XR formula is rather low. I really don't see tolerance offset as taking very long to achieve. Especially if you don't use it very often.

Most people who take adderall eventually have a similar experience. Amphetamine tolerance is often permanent, especially if you take it recreationally. I doubt that you will ever feel the same beneficial effects that you felt when you first started using it. If I were you I would find alternative ways to focus and study

Do you mind me asking which side effects you're experiencing are undesired. 30mg of an XR is equivalent to taking one 15 mg IR twice daily. If you've taken it every day even with breaks in between it may take a little longer than expected.

I have to add that there is no permenant tolerance build to amphetamine medications. I have no idea where that rumor started but it's entirely false. Prolonged heavy usage will lead to rapid tolerance buildup but never is tolerance permanent. Amphetamine tolerance can take months to offset but no drug tolerance is permanent.

Recreational amphetamine use can cause some permanent tolerance. I have heard this from dozens of people. Look it up if you don't believe it

With prescribed doses taken over the long term there is also permanent tolerance to the euphoric and pro social effects.

Amphetamines have never worked that way for me....seems once I reached a certain level, there's no going back to an old level (or reset as you call it) Since they're not physically addicting, I'd just save them up, then when you need them for an exam or something, take um then. If it were a reset, it would be months to years and not weeks for sure.