• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

"Body Horror" dreams?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I have zero idea if this is related to drugs/meds or not....and I don't usually do all that "What so my dreams mean?" stuff...but I'm wondering if any of you guys had the same or knew what was behind this?
I'll give you three examples from the past fortnight (I have these dreams probably 50% of the time but these three I remember the most clearly):

1) Biting Off More Than I Can Chew - I have this dream a minimum of once a week and have done for a couple of years. I'll be talking to a friend or family member and a few of my teeth will fall out in rapid succession. Then it speeds up and I'm panicking and it doesn't stop until blood is pooling out of my mouth and my teeth are pretty much all gone. This happens so often and has occurred for such a long time that now as soon as the first couple of teeth fall out I IMMEDIATELY know I'm dreaming and I'm almost bored just standing/sitting/whatever waiting for the dream to end.

2) Say Farewell to the Flesh - This one usually starts with a slight itch or absentminded scratching of a limb and when I look that limb is swollen twice it's normal size and red/inflamed like a severe case of Cellulistis and I try to shout to whoever is in the house (it's not my real house but it's like playing my house in the dream) for help or an ambulance but only a whispery croak will come out. Very quickly, I get like pockets of puss just under the skin and they then all burst and a combination of blood, infected tissue and puss burst everywhere. This rapidly spreads to the rest of my body and chunks of me start clumping off. It's weird texture...like jelly sliding down a plate then plopping off kind of consisten,cy with a lot of patches of almost melting black tissue spread everywhere, like a sped-up, worst-case scenario of Necrotizing Fasciitis.

3) It's Gone Right to My Head - I was standing at a bus stop and suddenly I feel a blunt "punch" to the back of my head and then I "come to" on the floor of the bus stop and I can hear people talking about how I had been shot in the head by a sniper who was actually trying to hit somebody else across the street. I go to touch the back of my head and it is concave. It's a horrifying moment. My dad and the paramedic both keep holding my hand and when I ask if I'm gonna die he at first he lies and then when the ambulance arrives he finally says "Yes, son, you're going to die, but it's okay". The paramedics arrive and one of them if I'm gonna die (when I'm in the ambulance he tells me "Yes, you're gonna die but it's okay" and the dream is extremely real-feeling and I'm trying to imagine me dying and the world going on as it is without me and I can't (It's almost impossibble to imagine being dead). I as him how so and he squeezes my hand and tells me "before we get there [the hospital, but it's okay".

1. Is eerily similar to mine my teeth never fall out(in the dream) but feel like they will I think its to do with me having bad teeth and my subconscious telling me off for it

Could be. I was bulimic for 11 years so my teeth aren't great I had a dental appointment this week(finally!) to get them fixed but my appointment was cancelled due to Coronavirus.
Online it says that dreaming about teeth falling out signifies that you feel a lack of control in your life, which I also find relevant.

I've had teeth falling out dreams, and also a couple of times my eyes fell out, except I could still see.

We have a thread in LAVA ''Dream Journal''. I get you, I can't sleep that well although with the help of therapists I've learned to create a so called ''Safe Box''. Last night I've dreamt that I was in a prison-type place ( It had prison bars ) and there were similar enemies a Leatherface type face comes with blood around his mouth but elsewhere clean and says ''USED''. I've felt that i was in a video fuckin game, I can't even fuckin process this. Anyway, I had them since I was little. My brain's Shady wired.

I get this weird effect when I fall asleep on phenibut where im trying to roll over in my sleep but only my mind works. Almost paralyzed. As a lay there struggling to roll over for whatever reason (it feels like im awake, just cant move) I have to like throw my weight one way or another to a point that I can rock myself enough to let gravity work and roll over. No the physics don't work lol. Its a very strange feeling, but not a sleep paralysis type feeling.

There is a study that determined that teeth falling out is one of the most common dreams people share. In terms of interpretation, I personally believe that dreams do not necessarily hold a global meaning even if they are connected by a common thread and that it arises individually based on each person's subconscious structure.
That being said while the teeth and rest of body horrors you are describing may indicate a carelessness of how you take care of your body or recent injuries, they could also be symbolisms for other underlying messages that your subconscious is trying to communicate and/or sort through.
I've had the teeth dream a few times and other body horror ones like what you have described. To me they have a distinct feel, a focus on the feeling of the body and the change that happens to it due the injury and malformations.