Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(BOD / 27mg) - experienced - A day at the hot springs

ethermonkey

Greenlighter
Had the pleasure of getting to try this unique compound recently. Acquired it from a known good source complete with NMR AND HPLC results showing 98.8% purity.

I have tried many phenethylamine's and tryptamine's over the years, including a few other exotic ones, but I will say that BOD is definitely unique in its own way.

My better half and I had set aside last saturday to head to the hot springs near our house. It is about a 5 mile drive and 2 mile hike. Much less intense going down and going back up, but nevertheless, a nice may hike was arranged, and it turned out to be beautiful weather.

A few days before I had done a 1mg allergy test, and as expected no results. Pihkal says 15-25 mg, and I figured I would do about 25 mg. During the weighing process, it turned out I had 27mg in the capsule, and decided that I would just go for it. I weighed out approx 20mg for my girl.

t+0:00 We depart for the adventure on an empty stomach and I consume approx half of what I prepared for myself, or about 14mg.

t+0:45 During the drive there it is a long and windy dirt road that takes about 40 minutes. I ate approx 1/2 of the contents of my capsule when we departed, and by the time we arrived in the parking area, I was not feeling anything, and definitely did not feel ill or anything. So, at that point, decided to take what was left. The powder tasted chemically, but not intense and burning like a 2c does. My girl at that time just took her whole capsule.

t+1:15 About 1/2 way through the hike, was starting to think that its bunk, or I under-dosed, or that nothing was going to happen. Decided to make the best of it, life goes on. I also had 1/4 of a granola bar at this point.

t+1:30 Suddenly, I feel something extremely subtle and light. No body load whatsoever, but also not really tripping. Things just seem more colorful and interesting. I am now thinking that not only did the granola bar probably help my body absorb it, but that its just beginning and still going to become more intense.

t+2:00 Definitely at a solid +, and feel approaching a ++. At this point things are vivid and colorful, and looking at things like leaves and trees seems very nice and interesting. Lots of yawning at this point, even though we don't feel tired. We relax a bit and swim, meeting some other people along the way. Everyone we meet seems really chill, and we smoke a joint and a few bowls with our newly met neighbors. Everything seems a bit funny. I am very discreet with the fact that my girl and I are experiencing more than meets the eye, and we are able to socialize and have fun and not worry about social skills, or looking weird, or worrying that everyone knows or thinks we are tripping. Everything becomes really pleasant and warm for a bit.

t+3:00 Starting to get hungry now so eat a sandwich, and lay on a towel for a bit. One of my neighbors is discussing acid trips and it sounds amusing so I tune in a bit. Quite funny indeed, as he goes on to explain to his mates that the reason why spice products are so bad is because they are made with aborted precursors of lsd. I watch their faces have expressions of horror as he is telling it with a dead serious warning look on his face. I am trying not to laugh, and keep my face straight, as I very seriously doubt that the contents of spice is really lsd trips that were not prepared correctly. Heh. I decide I am definitely not in a mood to do anything but laugh about it politely. I don't smoke spice anyways and don't plan on it.

t+4:00 This is the perfect substance to just be chilling out at an outdoor place like this that you can swim. There is still absolutely no body load, and feels just very comfortable. I think I peaked somewhere between the last hour and this hour and probably hit barely a ++. Definitely light and fluffy and nothing scary in the least bit. At this point, we hike a bit upstream away from all the people to fool around, and it was very rewarding. Nothing super special like lsd or mdma, but lots of fun, and no 'problems' persay.

t+5:45 We are starting to both feel really tired of swimming and want to get heading back. We pack up and make it across the stream and begin our long 2 mile all-uphill hike. Somewhere between the bottom and top of this hike I felt like I had mostly come down. Definitely some very small after effects, but the extremely physically intense hike had over-shadowed any psychedellic feeling I was feeling.

t+6:30 We take off from the parking area, all effects pretty much vanished, but left with an overall really good feeling. Definitely not a depressed feeling, or a need-to-go-home and redose immediately. My girl had a small headache by the time we got home, but I reckon its because she had more beer than water, and we both ran out of water on the hike back up. Derp!

Summary BOD seems like a substance I would like to try again. Maybe try 30 or even 35 mg next time. It just seems so light, fluffy, and harmless that I feel like 27mg was just barely an intro to it. My girl seemed to have a similar experience at 20mg as I did at 27mg. She easily weighs 80-90 lbs less than me. It was overall a positive experience. No weird head trip at all, nothing 'deep' or introspective really for either of us. It does not feel like a 2C, Fungus, or lsd. Even with something like 2CC where there is little bodyload, BOD was less. The overall feel of the body high and visuals is reminiscent of both 2C's and lsd, but not as intense or deep as either.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_bod
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. Hopefully this will become more readily availble in the future.

Thanks for reporting about this rare chem.

Sounds like a rad time on a unique compound. I recently went on a similar hike to a local waterfall and similarly ran out of water on the hike back up. Strenuous but worthwhile. What's the name of the springs you visited?

Sounds like a rad time on a unique compound. I recently went on a similar hike to a local waterfall and similarly ran out of water on the hike back up. Strenuous but worthwhile. What's the name of the springs you visited?

Deep Creek Hot Springs, in the high deserts near LA :)

yea very interesting report :) maybe BOD gets metabolized into something more active that would explain the long onset

I have tried many phenethylamine's and tryptamine's over the years, including a few other exotic ones, but I will say that BOD is definitely unique in its own way.

What would you say feels closest to BOD mentally? I'm super interested in how this stuff compares to mescaline/methylallyescaline, 2C-B/D, and maybe 5-meo-mipt if you've tried those. Trying to decide between this, bh-2c-b, and 4c-d right now and can probably only afford one.

What would you say feels closest to BOD mentally? I'm super interested in how this stuff compares to mescaline/methylallyescaline, 2C-B/D, and maybe 5-meo-mipt if you've tried those. Trying to decide between this, bh-2c-b, and 4c-d right now and can probably only afford one.
OP has not logged in the last 6 years.

Nice. :) My one experiencw with this so far was a little bit of a mixed bag.

Speaking of BO's (benzyl OMe's), I tried Methusalah (beta-methoxy-methamphetamine) last NYE. Extremely energizing. Got very loud and aggressive with a chic at the meeting the next day who was trying to get up all in my bidness. Contrary to what was predicted, it did not feel like 'adrenergic crap' but rather 'more potent meth.' :/

I just want to say thanks for all your write ups Xorkoth. I've been reading them for years here and Erowid. You never know who gets some wisdom out of all the writing but it is the good work. Hard work. Some of these chems seem to shine above others.

Thanks man. :) I really appreciate that. I love writing about experiences, I like being able to share, plus it helps me remember the trips better, much later when I re-read them.

Got a little mixed up in threads and read both BOD trip reports. So I also wanted to say this report is great too ethermonekey. I had read both Xorkoth's report and this one and was a little chatty last night. I do like a lot of psychedelics by a place where I can swim. I love sitting by water. :) Swimming not so much. I did have a fried who would never get out of the water. lol Would take acid and float on his back for hours. One time he drifted very far out to sea before he realized. Sunburn as hell.

@ethermonkey: did you experience any extended come down? Difficulty sleeping afterwards? Your description also greatly reminds me of my trials with 2c-t-4, which was very interesting, but had the most protracted come down of any drug I've tried. 2c-t-4 sans the strung out 8-12 hours after the trip sounds fairly appealing.