• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos bnezo tolerance so quick?

cassius14

Bluelighter
So after One night I had 1-2 beers top, had some benzo before bed (valiun and xanax) slept like a total baby. but I tried to sleep tonight I woke up jittery and un-coordinated, why didt the benzo simply worl?

what can I do tto sneure I get a full solid 8 hours: zoplidiem isnt doing the trick

You're post has many misspellings in it and it's hard to figure out what you're even trying to ask. Or maybe I'm just dumb lol.

Okay so you say the Valium and Xanax worked the first night. Why did you expect them to still help you sleep the next night though? I mean I know diazepam has an incredibly long half life, but I don't think the effects would be strong enough to cure insomnia after 24 hours. Or did you mean to say that you took more benzos the following night as well? If so, which ones? If just the xanax, it's effects are incredibly short so that could be why you woke back up.

And whatever the z word you typed I assume you mean zolpidem? Generic ambien? Perhaps try trazadone. I hear it helps a lot of people with sleep and long term use is not dangerous unlike long term benzodiazepine use.

Hope that was of at least a little help??

key boarding on my mac is

i woke up thos morning huge splitting headache and lacked co-ordination.

I'm guessing you're still ripped from the too high benzo dose/continued alcohol use (?). DO NOT drive if the above post was anytime close to now... you're coordination is likely terrible, but you may not realize it. Please be careful.

EDIT: you're definitely still ripped. Just chill, take an ibuprofen and a good deal of water, then try to relax. Be well.

You've left quite a bit to the imagination, here. Many of the details crucial to answering your question are not provided to us.

Notwithstanding the incompleteness of the available information, I think I know the answer. The synergy between alcohol and benzodiazepines is likely the reason you slept better the first night than on the second night. The strength of the effects of a particular CNS depressant—like alcohol or alprazolam or diazepam, in your case—will always be lesser than had it been adminstered in combination with another CNS depressant.

That is to say, alcohol and benzodiazepines potentiate one another; a Xanax tablet and a beer will both feel stronger if taken together than they would if taken by themselves.

You mentioned having drank alcohol the first night and say nothing about alcohol for the second night, so I can reasonably assume you had no alcohol the second night. If this assumption is correct, then the most satisfying answer (at least from my perspective) to your question is that the alcohol/Xanax/Valium concoction consumed on the first night is the reason you slept good. The absence of alcohol on the second night is the reason you slept bad. It is unlikely a benzodiazepine tolerance could accumulate so profoundly over the course of a single day, and therefore it is unlikely the situation has anything to do with tolerance.

You mixed alcohol with benzos & you're wondering why you woke up with a splitting headache?