• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

bne: police raid valley clubs

hey p_d sorry bout that, wasn't aware of the no venue rule, makes sense though. apologees, i know i should read the rules but you know...:\ will be more mindfull in future.:)

Nightclub drug raids could snare bigger fish
By Renee Viellaris and Emma Chalmers
April 24, 2006

POLICE believe shock drug raids at Brisbane nightclubs could lead to the arrest of the state's major dealers.

Forty police and drug sniffer dogs executed Operation Walk the Line raids at Fortitude Valley clubs on Friday, arresting 13 people and seizing more than 100 ecstasy tablets and quantities of methylamphetamines, cannabis and cash.

Brisbane Central District Officer Superintendent Tonya Carew said yesterday the raids could prove invaluable in the war against drugs.

"It can often lead to the arrest of the bigger fish," Supt Carew said.

"You've got to start (building up intelligence) somewhere."

She said someone arrested with one tablet could provide information about the person they bought it from.

It could provide the intelligence needed to build profiles on the major players peddling illegal drugs.

She said in the past calendar year, the number of drug offences in Brisbane city and Fortitude Valley had increased by 11 per cent.

Civil Liberties Queensland vice-president Terry O'Gorman said it was "nonsense" that police could catch bigger dealers by targeting recreational users.

"The last thing that a person is prepared to do is to give up their supplier because they risk physical punishment because of it," Mr O'Gorman said.

He said the rhetoric might have worked decades ago, when the war on drugs began, but it did not wash now.

"Even a teenager would fall about laughing (on hearing it could lead to bigger dealers)," Mr O'Gorman said.

He accused the Queensland Government of "policing just for show".

"Whether we like it or not, a significant number of people use drugs for recreational use," he said.

Supt Carew said people would be targeted if they took drugs to nightclubs.

She said the dogs also picked up people who admitted they had taken drugs before they left home.

She said drug sniffer dogs could be used elsewhere as police see fit but it would not be the only method to catch drug users.

She said those charged in the recent operation were issued notices to appear and would front court in the coming weeks.

"(The) operation compliments the many other operations that we have run in the Fortitude Valley area targeting drugs and we will continue to utilise drug detection dogs in the future," she said.

Queensland premier Peter Beattie was unapologetic yesterday about the use of drug dogs in nightclubs.

"I just say to anybody who thinks we should run a benevolent society for drug dealers, they're wrong, we're not," Mr Beattie said.

"This is actually about protecting young people to make sure that when they go to a nightclub they're safe. We're going to do everything we can to keep drugs out of nightclubs and I make no apology for that."

Mr Beattie said many people in the state's mental institutions were there because of drug abuse.

From Courier Mail / News.com.au

some sort of dob in a dealer campaign? I think people know for there own well bieng they will keep there mouth shut.

She said the dogs also picked up people who admitted they had taken drugs before they left home.

Good to see the dogs can understand confessions like that ;)

This insinuates that you can be picked up for past drug use, I thought that you could only be charged if you have drugs in your possession?

Forty police and drug sniffer dogs executed Operation Walk the Line raids at Fortitude Valley clubs on Friday, arresting 13 people and seizing more than 100 ecstasy tablets and quantities of methylamphetamines, cannabis and cash.

^^^

OHHHHHH NOOOESSSSS, THEY HAD CASH? THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!

chopper should sue the cops for copywrite all they have done is pinch his rawt robbing drug dealers of there money

It's a cycle that keeps repeating itself over and over again all over Australia.

Someone OD's or media hypes up mainstream drug use and all of a sudden there is a major police blitz, which never usually nabs any large scale dealers or makes any impact on the social drug use issue, but satisfies the media for a week or two. Then the cycle starts again somewhere else.

It's something that is always going to happen and social users are always going to be the easiest targets for police to harrass to give the media the impression that they are trying to make a difference. It's the old story.... Always be careful because as we all should know and come to expect, the police could be just around the corner!

good to see the that venue got raided, that place sucks anyway....

Urbie said:
good to see the that venue got raided, that place sucks anyway....

Actually said venue wasn't the only one to be raided, cops were petty much walking around the valley with a sniffer dog stopping to "chat" to anyone they thought would be of interest...ie if you were in the valley that night you were a suspect 8( I left "venue" and was followed by three undercover police down a side street where i met up with my mates...kinda funny, they should get people that look less like your dad about to give you a lecture following you...and the bumbags are a dead give away, maybe fine at a warehouse party but clubbing with a bumbag???:\

It is not a knee jerk reaction to the OD last week. This has been semi publicly known for a few months now (for those of us that know the valley club scene from our side).

The new "top brass" in Brisbane has stated that she is going to "shut down these club owners that know what is going on, and let it happen". The cops have been in my venue every night for the past 3 weeks. The difference is that my venue doesn't "tolerate" it. If you look totally munted, you come under the "unduly intoxicated" banner and go outside, same as the drunks.

"X" charges higher door entry because they don't make as much over the bar because the place is full of gurning Brisbanites who go there because they can be fucked up and management and security turns a blind eye. THIS is the true "cycle", THIS is what the cops are trying to reverse. 100 pills, who fuckin' cares, that's not even a drop in the bucket. One shitscared manager of one of the FIVE clubs in the valley because the cops have a cause to look inside now. That sounds more like the thinking of a police initiative, yes?

Maybe they're right about Gen X always thinking about themselvses............... This is less about you and your stupid phat pants and scaring the "oh so tough" valley clubbers and more about having a few of the clubs you frequent cleaning up their shit or facing big fines and jail time

Jeez......just because you plan your sad existance from week to week doesn't mean the cops do...............

Last edited:
DON'T mention venues. That means coded names, abreviated names or any names.

No more warnings.

ah i'm headin to the valley next weekend for my birthday. This just means we'll be very careful about how we go about things. We are now aware of the possibilities so just prepare for it. Anyone that has large amounts on them while clubbing deserves to be caught! Play it safe people, when they start doing these patrols n find nothing as they will, they'll go away. Looking forward to a great time this weekend, fuck the pigs!;)

According to one of the brisbane news papers, there was an operation held last month nabing 'alot' of people Sumthing like operation red beard, was just skimming it and the operation last week was not to do with the recent OD athough that would have incouraged more government support to waste money.

Some of the people that I spoke to in the valley seemed to be making these sniffer dogs more of a game, By getting there non-drug using friends to rub residue from snap bags over there pants and pockets. Thus it seems it only takes one week of searches and people are already playing games with police and wasting tax payers money

Doogan said:
Some of the people that I spoke to in the valley seemed to be making these sniffer dogs more of a game, By getting there non-drug using friends to rub residue from snap bags over there pants and pockets. Thus it seems it only takes one week of searches and people are already playing games with police and wasting tax payers money

LOL fuck thats funny and awesome

many valid points here kids, just wanting to ad my 2c...

-Eubonics - couldnt agree more with ya dude as a bartender myself, if someone is too far gone on a pill, then i'm happy to show them the door, i certainly am not gonna serve them a drink, water by all means, and i wont even charge for it, but out all the same...

-It does seem a little shallow on the cops' behalf to be raiding end users and busting them, i think we'd all agree most would not dob in a dealer for the sake of the law's reaction to having 1 or 2 pills in possesion..

-at the end of the day, if you are caught carting around 20 odd pills by a sniffer dog, chances are you bloody well deserve it (i'm a pill user myself obviously) however i know that if i've ever had more than my own supply on me - i've been sweating to get them to their rightful owner quick smart.

meh - me personally, i just keep an eye out for blue shirts and a nose out for dog smell=D

-=DLouD247=D-

You comments on 'Walk the Line'?

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Over the last few months since the operation 'Walk the line' was executed i have noticed a large increase in the amount of drugs use in local clubs and pubs in and around my area. I have never seen such an increase in such short time. And as the weeks have been passing in my opinion it seems that there being 'pushed' onto the younger patrons. And then you look into the Brisbane city and Fortitude valley district and notice how quite etc it has gotten.

It seems to me that since 'Walk the line' was executed, i admit it may of pushed some drug use and drug dealers out of the valley and city. But only relocated them to the local clubs and pubs in larger numbers. Which i think will only put drug use on the rise at a more rapid rate.

What are your opinions/views about this?
Did police use the wrong tactic in this respect?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing again last night Sat 17 June around 10pm ish. Big raid around the usual valley clubs we all know to well. From what i saw around 30 police and 2 Sniffer Dogs. same as before just another show for the media, tough on drugs blah blah blah, Cameras everywhere, same area e.t.c.

Funny thing though, we were lining up for this club and the media had actually set up their camera before the posse of police had even got there to raid the club line. Not to mention that the word had already got around the valley district that the raid was on in the block, and that everyone who was carrying drugs was nowhere to be seen. I'm almost positive that the only people who would've been caught would be the smallest of small fish who were already under the influence and forgot they were even carrying a stash. I'm sure anyone of importance higher up to food chain would've had it all stitched up and known about the raid for days in advance.

As much as i agree its was a waste of tax payers money i'd like to see more raids happen in the area. It's great for those punters who go for the longer lasting chems like LSD and choose to induce it at home before they go out ;). And fantastic when only 3 people are lined up for a club that usually has a line spilling around the corner and they offer no cover charge cos they are that desperate to get people in, lol. Amazing how quickly the club filled up once the raid finished though 8( .

Anyways, those clubs have been treating the punters like shit for ages. It comes down to supply and demand really. Its common knowledge that those clubs the police are targeting are geared towards the drug using community. The fact they dont allow you to take water bottles in, the water taps they legally have to supply are nearly impossible to use and the price of a bottle of water exceeds that of an expensive bourbon, not to mention the hefty cover charges. And as soon as you stop spending money, or start coming down and put your head down for a second, your out the door to make room for the next boggle eyed punter ready to spend their cash even though you've paid their hefty cover charge.

It goes to show how huge the demand for this market is. These clubs offer a pretty average club and treat their punters like garbage, as if they are sheep coming in one end and out the other. and continue to do so knowing full well people will keep rolling up in their limos and taxis off their faces going in one door spending their money and 4 hours later coming out the other regardless of how poorly they treat them because there is nowhere else to go. Hopefully these raids will turn people off and hit them in the pocket so they clean up their acts a bit and start treating the punters with respect in a bid to win their business. Like they used to back in the days before they got to big for their boots. Fuck them I say.

Everyone should get a bunch of free leaf and stash it all over the valley when these raids are about to occur just so the dogs go for that isntead of small amounts of chems.