Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelighters setting a drug research agenda

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
I remember a thread about this earlier on (perhaps it was late last year). I can't find it for the life of me - if anyone remembers or can link to the thread asking BL'ers to nominate research questions they would like addressed - that would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

I have been looking for the thread too - but haven't had much luck. Can you remember if it was related to the BL-wide threads about the Texas A&M University drug survey? The original threads about that have since been removed, but I might be able to dig up a link to the survey questions/results if that's the one.

BigTrancer :)

I'm 90% sure johnboy started this thread - I remember sending him a PM about it. My searches have also come to nought so maybe JB deleted the thread? Perhaps you could PM him to find out

I went thru a list of JBs posts back to April - the public forum posts related to The Bluelight Survey seem to have been removed.

I found the following comments from JB in a private forum post, which I'm sure there is no problem about mentioning here as it is a verbatim copy of the public post that announced the initiative.
Bluelight, in partnership with Dr Cameron Duff of the Australian Drug Foundation and Dr David Caldicott of the Royal Adeliade Hospital, as well as many other like minded people in the harm reduction community, have begun developing a major survey tool which will allow the users themselves to have input into the research. Also we will allow the resulting data to be used by anyone who wants it, as quite a bit of the survey data we have helped provide over the last couple of years has never been released.

So how can you help? By letting us know what you want to be asked. For example it has always bugged me that no survey ever done here has ever asked"Do you test your pills before you buy them?" or "Have you ever refused to buy a pill because of a test result?". What bugs you? Let us know by posting in this thread. Any and all feedback is welcome.

Here is the post from Cameron Duff that advertised the GHB survey in its complete form: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166089

The survey was online at http://survey.adf.org.au/adf/index.php?sid=6 but that link is also dead now.

Perhaps contacting the surveyors would be the best bet to see if they have a copy of the survey questions suggested?

BigTrancer :)