• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelighter's guide to getting raided.

No they definitely don't clean up. Further more, if you are being difficult they will trash the place more. They are allowed to check inside walls and dig holes in your yard. If you live with your parents they will go and trash their rooms too, right along with your baby brothers and sisters room.
No cop I have ever met will politely wait by the door while you call your lawyer, and as most raids occur before 8am you won't have much luck getting one to come round.
I've never heard of the video recording before, so any time you have a problem with something they are doing, make them take out their little note book and record your complaint. This is good to do anytime you are dealing with the authorities - if you are stopped while doing nothing wrong politely ask the officer why they want to search you, if you don't like the reason make them stop and record your official complaint before they proceed, including their reason for suspicion. Do this everytime EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE NO CONTRABAND.
Don't let cops treat you like a crim without reason, and always follow official complaints up.

whether or not they will be inclined to wait politely outside, ITS THE LAW. You are allowed to have your legal cousel present to make sure you understand the terms of the warrant. The time shouldnt matter, lawyers are like doctors, theyll be there asap given that it means they can charge you alot more.
C.

Makes me think of what happened to a mate of mine. He got home and found a card from the cops inside that said call some number. he called it, and it turns out that the cops had arrived with a warrant, but nobody was home. The cops said they heard a noise and thought someone was trying to destroy evidence, so they just broke in! When my mate spoke to them, they said it must have been his cats, but they weren't even inside. They hadn't done a thorough search, went through a few bags, drawers, etc.. The reason he was raided was simply cos his house number was mentioned on a phone call they had tapped.

orginally posted by ChEmIcaL_NiGhT:
Just a quick question, how did the police get access to your phone and computer... IE (things that have passwords on them)..
i think you'll probably find that they can confiscate them as evidence or something if they're serious. from there it's probably not too hard to interrogate the hard-drive / phone etc. for the information they're after, unless you encrypt your hard-drive...

In Victoria there are cops who are IT experts (Although they mostly deal with pedophilia eveidence). If they think there is something on a PC worth finding out they will take the box and have the secutity by-passed by experts

Great post, Jakoz! Lots of good information that everyone should keep in mind.
[ 28 March 2002: Message edited by: Catch-22 ]

Erm....well, as far as 'computer experts' go youd be surprised how dumb some of them are. I work with people from the AFP, ASIO, Attourney Generals. Theyre like every other place you go, they have one or two people who know anythign at all and the rest of them just fake it.
That said, unless you have your harddrve actually encrypted, getting access to your files is as simple as plugging the hard drive into another PC as a secondary drive. It doesnt matter what OS youre running, linux, windows, macos, this basicly bypasses any passwords you have on the drive.
As for mobile phones, if you have your simm card set to require the pin code when the phone is turned on, even if they put it in another phone it wont help them. However, there are override codes for most mobile phones that will allow a person to remove the pin code or unblock a locked out simm card.
Obviously, the best strategy is just to keep everything in your head but thats hardly practical. If you must write things down, use some kind of code. Like i said, If you substitute 'cookies' for 'pills' and so on it doesnt make very good evidence to them.
C.

congrats - great posts from jakoz and corch. and although this is mostly common sense, remember that common sense isn't all that common...
have fun, play safe, don't store drugs in your house...

Here are some other helpful tips/observations. My good close friend got raided once as well.
The first thing you should do is delete all of your SMS messages! They check your mobile phone for numbers and messages aswell. If you're ordering your stuff by SMS - delete the messages straight away!
My friend lives in an apartment and when he heard a knock on the door he usually checks who it is by looking through the little peeping hole (you know what I mean?). One of the Officers was nice enough to place his finger over it so you can't see who it is. Just a little observation.
Be nice to them and pretend like you are a innocent young adult. They will ask you if you ever took drugs. In my opinion don't say no straight away - looks a little suspicious. Instead, tell them that you used to smoke weed once or twice when you were young. Ask them if that's what it is about - build credibility that you are innocent.
If your planning on hiding your stash in a CD case - well, I got news for ya - they look in there aswell.
Just pray that your parents aren't home - especially your mother.
Big Trancer: My friend wasn't part of Jakoz's group - so they weren't just targeting them.

Originally posted by BigTrancer:
Were the people in Perth who were raided all friends? Or were they all part of a BL "crew"?
Nope, BT... the bulk of the Perth BL raids were on people that hardly knew each other, ie. only saw each other now and then at events, didn't have each other on their mobiles, etc. In other words, they werent linked to each other.
Originally posted by ChEmIcaL_NiGhT:
Just a quick question, how did the police get access to your phone and computer... IE (things that have passwords on them)..
Did they make you give them the passwords?
Wouldn't it be easy to "forget" all your passwords all of a sudden?

On the raids I know of, no computers were confiscated. Instead, they were analyzed by an officer on site.
The bulk of passwords on a computer are pretty easy to get (often cached), and most people use the same passwords for everything. As a side note, my mate noticed just the night before that his computer had been hacked using a common and easy vulnerability, and set to have full shares open. Hours after he found and fixed that, they raided. Make of that what you will.
As far as I could tell when looking at his machine afterwards, no backdoors had been set. Yeah, I know that would probably be illegal, but since when has that mattered?
Much better than plain encyption is the program 'Camouflage' from www.download.com - not only will it encrypt, but it will HIDE the information. If you have passworded files, an order can be made to unlock them. That order cant be made if they dont know the information is there.
By the way, regarding experts cracking open your encrypted files, in the case that a decent encryption program is used, it cant be done.
Originally posted by [serotone]:
One thing that I'd be interested to know is do they reassemble your house once they are done ?
and in your mates case..was anything dodgy shit found ?
I'd be interested in knowing what Police do the times they can't find anything incriminating. Do they pack up their gear, clean up the mess and apologise for screwing up your day or do they just walk the fuck out the door and leave you with a weeks work fixing shit up and putting everything back ?

If youre good with them and dont fuck them around, the very least theyll do is sorta move everything around - ie. nothing is in the right place.
I cant really talk about my mates case, for his protection, but would if I could :)

very informative. ta!
but, don't they expect everyone to have numbers in their phone? and are they honestly going to waste taxpayers money and their time on investigating 200 people?
and they'll go through your computer? what if youve posted on pill reports before? what if pill reports is in your history?
obviously a raid is likely to happen at any time. so who the fuck is going to delete and encrypt every fuken thing on their computer, not to mention deleting SMS's and erasing phone numbers everytime they hear a knock at the door? <- while that is wise advice, its totally impractical. i have many numbers in my phone that i need, numbers that are important, but couldn't possibly remember. not to mention histories in icq which have personal meaning, and webpages favourites which i keep for future use.
and what if youre the only person home? if you ask, will they only search in front of your eyes? i wouldnt want 4 cops in 4 different rooms at once.
and i thought raids were designed to find physical evidence... didn't realise they'd go through everything on your computer. fuck me - talk about invasion of privacy.

very informative.
scary topic though.
but overall this is one of those rare posts on BL where its really worth reading ;)

Originally posted by Jakoz:
Probably the key thing you can do is not to obviously fuck them around and be a smartass.
I had a friend in high school who got raided and for the entire time it happened his mother went in to a right blathering mess. I'm sure it wasn't funny for him at the time but I see the humour in a nerve-racking 4 hour search to the soundtrack of a highly neurotic, highly strung, middle aged lady who genuinely knew nothing. At one stage she apparently tried to chase them out of the house with a broom. I'm certain she made it very difficuilt for them to search. Perhaps the trick is to employ an innocent to fuck them around.

if they can use youre prescence on BL as justification for a raid, could you go on record on BL saying 'i dont use, store or sell drugs' therefore negating your prescence on BL as justification for a warrant/raid?

Just wondering how many people actually use an email address that can be easily traced back to them on bluelight?
I've made an effort over the years to never use my real name anywhere on the internet unless completely necessary, this minimises the amount of marketing databases you get put in as well as increases your privacy signifigantly.
Those who are using hotmail (or any other freebie accounts) with their real name, specifically on bluelight I would not recommend. Not just from the standpoint of authorities being able to track you down easier, but there are a lot of nutcases out there as I'm sure you all know.
As for the raids in Perth, could they of been easily avoided if real details were not out there on the net? Maybe, depends how dedicated the police were.
If you are smart enough, you can encrypt your hard drive so it is virtually impossible to crack, and no, it isn't a simple matter of plugging the HDD into another computer to make it readable. If you do it properley. Its safe.
Another thing I'll take the chance to mention here is, as cozy and secure as IRC/email may seem, they are definately not. IRC can be easily logged, be it your room mate on your network at home, your ISP, a hacker who hacked your ISP(ASIO now have authority to legally do this), an IRC admin themselves and various authorities. Same goes for e-mail, if you are paranoid make use of many of the free cryto solutions available for free, ie PGP.
If you are some what paranoid about having your everyday private converation on IRC monitored by potential rogue IRC Admins, try a DCC chat, however this is by no way at all secure. As the conversation is still 'clear text' and can be easily monitored by those desperate enough.
No drug dealing talk on the internet. Encryption is your friend. Use strong keys. A healthy dose of paranoia can be beneficial at times.

Krill: it isnt too hard to get an IP off bluelight and find out who that person is off their ISP if you have a warrant.

Well, this has been printed and put on my wall.
Just hope they don't raid me now.
Great post Jakoz, and all those that have contributed.

anfalicious: that raises an interesting point... because if they got a warrant they'd still have to get the owners of bluelight to give them the IP address. So I wonder if that was to ever happen whether the person would be informed by the admins that the cops have asked for their IP? Would the warrant have some clause that states that nobody can be informed? And would it even apply at all because the bluelight server is hosted in a different country?
I'll try and get one of the admins or someone that knows how this works to venture in here and answer this... :)