• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Interesting [VOTING CLOSED] Bluelight Poetry Competition (The Revelation™)

Which poem is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just want to add this is about the vague idea, the meaning of revelation and there is not necessarily any religious meaning behind it. Maybe you realized hot dogs are not made out of actual dog meat? Maybe you realized the word "banana" was a very strange word to say and write. Write your hearts out baby.

Also, do you guys prefer to just post your poems in the thread? Similar to the picture competition? I'm open to ideas, I wasn't sure.

What if they were posted anonymously? That would prevent any bias.
Good idea, but how to do that?

Send them all to me or someone else 3rd party who then posts them under pseudonyms? I like the idea, also trying to guess who's poem is written by who? Cool.

Also I thought it would be cool if we could give a cool special temporary title like the photography competition? Just a thought I like :).

Good idea, but how to do that?

Send them all to me or someone else 3rd party who then posts them under pseudonyms? I like the idea, also trying to guess who's poem is written by who? Cool.

Also I thought it would be cool if we could give a cool special temporary title like the photography competition? Just a thought I like :).
Yeah man, it was just an idea, thought maybe it could be a good one. I imagine we'd send em all to you or another trusted third party, and then just make a post for each and drop em in the thread. Then open a poll with the titles.

Yeah man, it was just an idea, thought maybe it could be a good one. I imagine we'd send em all to you or another trusted third party, and then just make a post for each and drop em in the thread. Then open a poll with the titles.
I like the idea which is why I also wanted to keep the poems secret for now. Could just send to xorky or someone.

I'll probably procrastinate on this like I do with everything and then pump something out last minute on night of the 23rd

FURTHER UPDATE AND GUIDANCE:

The topic can be used as a whole or just a small part of your poem. It simply needs to be referenced somehow.

THE WRITERS AND THEIR POEMS WILL LIKELY BE KEPT ANONYMOUS WHILE VOTING, ANNOUNCED AFTER RESULTS. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YET.

HAVE FUN WRITING

thanks bud! im sorry i released it! it was my birthday actually and i was drunk, so i thought fuck it. are we allowed multiple entries in this??
Of course! My plan is to keep them anonymous then release it as a book. Nothing is final until the 24th

what if you steal the rights?
then you would be a sucker

hahahahahaha, jk, obviously nobody here is going to steal the publishing rights to your poems

all poems will be submitted to different staff and will be released collectively

Last edited:

You know what to do
You know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck
I am such a mess
I know what I know
Why don't you fill in the rest?
I will bring it down
I will make it bad
While you're feeling proud
Why don't you help me?
Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now
Your revelations
Cut me in
I don't want to live without
Your revelations, revelations
You know what to say
You know what I said
You know what I dream sleeping in my bed
You hold all the keys
You know all the rules
Why don't you guide me in if I'm such a lost soul?
I'm spinning around
I will make you ill
Since I'm so broken down, why don't you fix me?
Your revelations
Cut me in
Your revelations
I am haunted when I am sleeping
Try to give without receiving
It's in the apple bite
It's in the days and nights
In the afterlife we'll reap
Your revelations
Cut me in
Your revelations
Such a shame, such a shame
That I wouldn't know by now
Cut me in
Your revelations, revelations

@deficiT @FixXxer @Sunyecho @relex_author @Blueberry_87 @tubgirl.jpg

Hello! Just a heads up. Entries are due on Sat 7/24 11:59pm EST (that is 80 hours from now!)

-Remember there are no rules at all other than referencing the idea of Revelation / Discovery in the poem

Please PM poems to me! Do not post them here!

Poems will be released anonymously in a poll, authors will be announced after results are posted in a "Book of BL poems"

Thank you! Write away my little birdies :)