Open Discussion Bluelight mods engaging in harassment and trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Why is it ok and acceptable for bluelight mods/staff in CEP to engage in trolling, harassment, stalking, etc.? If you do not agree with the biased and one sided political agendas, you get harassed/personally attacked, trolled and the mods of CEP and bluelight admins and former admins let this happen or do not care if it happens.

If you report this hypocritical harassment/trolling you get points, warnings, temp bans, etc.

Do not give me the BS of 'we expect everyone even mods/staff to follow BLUA, trolling/harassment is not allowed' it has happened to me, and basically anyone that posts something the biased mods do not like.

No one is harassing you dude you've just been saying incredibly bigoted and racist shit for (literally all day) and wayyy beyond that. Gonna blow your mind here a little bit, but people don't react well to that. No one wants to hear you talk about strong european bloodlines and how much you sneer at drug users. Duh, it's a fucking drugs forum. Take it somewhere else or take some criticism like an adult.

Its true and has been that way for people who could well give some people the "eeeews" with their views yet have had to put up with personal attacks in respo se, rather than taking their posts on in battle.

Its just true, no need to deny things, we can read and know that its just how it is.

Sorry Priest, the horse is dead, its foals died, their foals died, the dead horse is dead.

Case in point, really .

There is a culture here which the mods are pretty representative of. Usually its for the greater good of the forum, so you probably got some flak rightfully so. You have been repeatedly infracted for racist, homophobic, and for talking down on people who use drugs as well. These are not values we or Bluelight as a whole stand for. If that’s too biased for you, Another political forum may be in order for you. The best way to stop getting these infractions and bans though would be to argue your points without resorting to tactics made to stoke the heat and nothing but. Any sort of hate speech doesnt fly here. Thats not about to change.

*tumbleweeds*
There is a culture here which the mods are pretty representative of. Usually its for the greater good of the forum, so you probably got some flak rightfully so. You have been repeatedly infracted for racist, homophobic, and for talking down on people who use drugs as well. These are not values we or Bluelight as a whole stand for. If that’s too biased for you, Another political forum may be in order for you. The best way to stop getting these infractions and bans though would be to argue your points without resorting to tactics made to stoke the heat and nothing but. Any sort of hate speech doesnt fly here. Thats not about to change.

What are you basing this on, reading posts over time in context and forming your own opinion or are you just rambling generic patronising character assassinations based on some cherry picked posts and other "troublesome" issues?

Priest has a reputation because he spoke out against the regime, no more no less.

Just curious, as this is as useful as Atelier post.

Meh, it does not matter, really. Mods/crew who take advantage of their privilege to personally attack people then have the nerve to say its okay, that guys a racist/ homophobe are not going to realise the error of their ways .

The Guy is bisexual ffs, not that it matters.

So, personal attacks are all good then? Sweet.

I guess its alright to troll around after someone who has done their time for whatever they've been handed down, yeah?

Last edited:
My initial response from a couple weeks ago probably came off angrier than I intended, but I'll at least continue to argue that I don't think anyone is trying to assassinate Priests character. Plenty of times I've seen people try to engage him honestly, and he still continues to trot out the "black people are lazy" tropes and the like. Sure, people clown with him and I'm sure some people even get mad or consider him racist. But it's just not the type of thing where he's getting it worse than anyone else for saying comparable things. There simply aren't any mods that say as problematic shit as he says, and if they did, we would take exception.

If you don't see it, then you don't see it. That is a you, problem.

Why is it ok and acceptable for bluelight mods/staff in CEP to engage in trolling, harassment, stalking, etc.? If you do not agree with the biased and one sided political agendas, you get harassed/personally attacked, trolled and the mods of CEP and bluelight admins and former admins let this happen or do not care if it happens.

If you report this hypocritical harassment/trolling you get points, warnings, temp bans, etc.

Do not give me the BS of 'we expect everyone even mods/staff to follow BLUA, trolling/harassment is not allowed' it has happened to me, and basically anyone that posts something the biased mods do not like.

Re read this and if you're not busy, as a mod of a forum that's not CEP, why do you feel the need to personally attack a bluelighter who did his time on staff, took the time to contribute something interesting, addresses his responses based on attached evidence, spoke his mind and obviously did his best to ignore the troll bait from ppl like Alasdairm and yourself.

Is attacking the post rather than the person themselves a hassle?

Actually I'd be curious to know, deficit, are you prompted to joining at times and personally attack people whose posts attract attention via reports or your peers talking away or would you do this if you were not a mod at all?

Believe it or not, no one is going to die because there are posts or people who are disagreeable or somehow vex the clique of mods/straggling regulars .

Outlier is correct in a way, bl is not the place for ppl who just do not fit in in cep. Im just guessing here but I doubt anyone else lost their crew tag for whatever reason Priest did. Im surprised he still cares about this place, not many do at all.

Anyway, theres no problem here, he's banned, no one cares, atelier needs to go to bed on time.

Re read this and if you're not busy, as a mod of a forum that's not CEP, why do you feel the need to personally attack a bluelighter who did his time on staff, took the time to contribute something interesting, addresses his responses based on attached evidence, spoke his mind and obviously did his best to ignore the troll bait from ppl like Alasdairm and yourself.

Is attacking the post rather than the person themselves a hassle?

Actually I'd be curious to know, deficit, are you prompted to joining at times and personally attack people whose posts attract attention via reports or your peers talking away or would you do this if you were not a mod at all?

Believe it or not, no one is going to die because there are posts or people who are disagreeable or somehow vex the clique of mods/straggling regulars .

Outlier is correct in a way, bl is not the place for ppl who just do not fit in in cep. Im just guessing here but I doubt anyone else lost their crew tag for whatever reason Priest did. Im surprised he still cares about this place, not many do at all.

Anyway, theres no problem here, he's banned, no one cares, atelier needs to go to bed on time.
I have read it multiple times. At no point have I personally attacked him, that's a bit of a stretch. He said some nonsensical racist stuff, and I dismissed it as racist nonsense. No, I'm not obligated to talk to him in any forum, but if I see something disagreeable I'll say something. I have spoken with him at length and talked to his points. I fuck around with my comments like anyone else, and I expect the same in return anytime I open my mouth. What I don't do is spam reports anytime someone gives me a hard time.

I value Priests contributions to the site and I have said as much publicly. But yes, I take exception to some of the things he says, like many others, mod or otherwise. I am not the one who removed his title, and I am not the one who's getting him his bans. He got a ban for popping off about black people again. When you factor in what he says about scummy drug users and what should happen to people who use fentanyl or METH, it's no wonder people take exception to it.

Yeah, yeah, no one cares, the site sucks. Sure.

atelier needs to go to bed on time.

Huh? What? What did I do this time? Sorry, I’ve been getting 12 hours every night but repetitive unconstructive and generally baseless whinging still knocks me out like a light. Every time. Better than seroquel and a handful of benzos.

So do Priest’s disingenuous victim claims for that matter if that is what this is about. When he’s engaged constructively in threads I have all the time in the world for him. I have many times tagged him to join conversations where I thought his contribution would be good in SLR. But when he’s being the uber-subtle thin-ice-skating racist troll or anti drug user bigot he revels in being in CEPS I bite if I think there’s a win in it (which there so often is given the poor old fucker is so seriously outgunned) and if not I report it for the CEPS mods to deal with it in their great wisdom. They have many times rejected my urging for infractions and deletions. Getting CEPS mods to drop the hammer on someone is no easy task in my experience.

And for the record Priest is as queer as fuck. By both dictionary definition and his own admission. Queer is a commonly accepted and non-pejorative usage for all sexualities besides heteronormative. And his thousands of posts recounting his and his friend’s sexual adventures and predilections definitely fit the bill for that. Calling me out because he does not personally identify as queer seems to be a pretty glaring example of woke-like language policing!

And this is a free speech forum dammit!

Maybe I’m a bit sensitive but I tend to get riled up by any posts that go out of their way to ‘Other’ particular groups of people. I think it’s the essence of bigotry.

Even though it’s a bit of an academic term, the meaning is clear. It is when someone draws a line between ‘us’ civilised and reasonable people and casts them as the opposite. Usually in a manner that rules out any sense of our common humanity.

It’s really obvious in the way people disdainfully use the words ‘they’ and ‘them’ to circumscribe the people that they want to diminish. It is quite possible to Other a community without using any overtly racist or bigoted language.

In BL I see that ‘they’ used often to discuss black people, certain types of users, and some types of queer people (predominately gays). People who read language very literally could understandably miss much of this. Which maybe what leads to discontent with mod actions - people are just not seeing the bad faith intent of the language the way the mods are.

It is possible to discuss other communities of people without Othering them.

Maybe I’m a bit sensitive but I tend to get riled up by any posts that go out of their way to ‘Other’ particular groups of people. I think it’s the essence of bigotry.
Yeah, but if you keep reading, you'll get to the part about their 'black/gay/pcp-addicted friend' who apparently agrees with their closed-minded views - which makes it all okay 🤨

. Grow up and take a fucking joke.
I’m all for jokes and litter BL with them wherever possible. I’ve got no beef with the comedians, including the ones that use common ethnic tropes or stereotypes. I think there needs to be some kind of malicious intent for ‘Othering’. It does not happen casually or by accident. So get down off your high unicorn.

yea i got into it a little bit in another thread about doing tweek, and i really shouldn't of - it was definitely a bit judgy by me, they were right for telling that i was being an asshole about it - even tho i still think it's the worst drug, but that's just my opinion...and really, if i don't have anything good to say, then maybe i should just not say anything at all right? so there's always that too....

yea i got into it a little bit in another thread about doing tweek, and i really shouldn't of - it was definitely a bit judgy by me, they were right for telling that i was being an asshole about it - even tho i still think it's the worst drug, but that's just my opinion...and really, if i don't have anything good to say, then maybe i should just not say anything at all right? so there's always that too....
Every drug has its evangelists here. If you’ve basically committed years of your life to getting fucked up on something in particular you don’t want to hear how bad it is and how sketchy itusers are (even if you secretly know it to be true deep down).

I’ve used meth for a few years and absolutely fucking hate it and discourage people on BL from going near it - but I still get a bit narky when I hear someone start slagging it off as unredeemably bad.

And you didn’t get modded in that thread as I recall. Mods can post against or argue with other users in their private capacities. Though it’s helpful if they say so when they do it.

Yeah, but if you keep reading, you'll get to the part about their 'black/gay/pcp-addicted friend' who apparently agrees with their closed-minded views - which makes it all okay 🤨

It truly is astounding how many minorities racist bigoted homophobic sexist intolerant people know.

Bigots really do have the most diverse friends... Who knew!

Every drug has its evangelists here. If you’ve basically committed years of your life to getting fucked up on something in particular you don’t want to hear how bad it is and how sketchy itusers are (even if you secretly know it to be true deep down).

I’ve used meth for a few years and absolutely fucking hate it and discourage people on BL from going near it - but I still get a bit narky when I hear someone start slagging it off as unredeemably bad.

And you didn’t get modded in that thread as I recall. Mods can post against or argue with other users in their private capacities. Though it’s helpful if they say so when they do it.

i think i just got my hand slapped....it's all good...when he called me a liar, which im not, the gloves came off - that's all - but no need for that either - so i apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.