• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bluelight Gathering(s) - Could this ever happen?

This topic has been beaten to death, but i'll humor it.

It would be awesome. I've met a couple IRL, but to have a party for everyone would be cool.

IIRC, there were BL meet ups in the past, but nothing so recent. There are a bunch of people from the USA.

It's hard to just invite everyone though, because we don't know who's who. Or like, who's a cop, etc.

That's probably why you don't hear about open parties on the open forum.
There were hecka BL meetups back in the early 2000s when pressed MDMA pills were still big and people were still going to raves.

I know there have been plenty of smaller BL meetups throughout the years.

The problem was people were stupid enough to put locations on the boards and a few or more were busted.

I would imagine it would be a bit more risky...for several reasons, these days.

Agreed - it is really clear that we live in a regime focused on maintaining a constant war on drugs and those who choose to use them.
All while that same regime imports tons of cocaine and heroin to fuel that war and its other global-policing pursuits.
It‘s a shame that we have to keep tucked up behind our keyboards.
Thanks for sharing thoughts, folks, and have a good spring festival - wherever that is!

Sunrise, that is verrrrrrry tempting, and I’m not a cop, just a fairly broke (typical) musician/artist.
I may indeed be visiting Ottawa in June, so . . .

Non-corporate to me means small-ish, maybe private, no sponsor banners or wristbands. Too much to ask/hope for?
Now with Covid19, it’ll have to be small gatherings anyway!

In the end, I’m just naively hoping that more folks start doing things like hosting gatherings on farms, etc. and restart an era of love again.
Thanks again for even talkingabout this idea (I hear it’s been done before).
Cheers!

There is a farm outside Calgary where everything is fine, no money, kind of a commune, its not quite a post it on the internet thing though. I'd be down with doing it on crown land in BC somewhere remote probably not this year though

There is a farm outside Calgary where everything is fine, no money, kind of a commune, its not quite a post it on the internet thing though. I'd be down with doing it on crown land in BC somewhere remote probably not this year though
At the risk of giving too much information about myself away: I have an area similar to this without the commune that I've often thought about loaning out for a gathering. What has prevented it is my paranoia about the cops coming and bad experiences I've had with parties in the past. I once had a small group of people show up that I'd tripped with before who invited several of their friends that throw parties (don't want to call them raves more "rave themed") in a area. What ended up happening is two distinct groups having what felt like two different parties in the same room. One side was your typical alcohol fueled affair and the other half was MDMA with glow sticks. That night I had someone I'd ever seen before walk up to the bar and ask if it'd be okay to sell RCs there. When I told him I'd prefer he didn't he threw a $100 bill in the tip jar, blew me a kiss, and walked away. As much as I would have liked to take part in either party going on I couldn't because when I host I try to remain somewhat sober so I can take care of everyone and have enough energy left at the end of the night to clean up. Typically, I don't finish until the sun is up and don't manage to sleep until 9am.

There were other experiences like the night someone almost ran over a group of people with their car, only to have the shit beaten out of him by the other party goers, and then guns were pulled. I never figured out what that guy was messed up on and I was stuck between wanting him to leave and not allowing him because I didn't want him to go down the highway and plow someone over with his car.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is hosting a gathering comes with a lot of problems for the host that are usually caused by someone that doesn't know how to get along or is there to make profit and leave. I'd love to host something where chill people could come and not have to worry about the police or the quality of what's being shared but I've accepted that this is impossible and it only takes one idiot/asshole to ruin everyone's good time. These days I've stopped hosting anything. I still "rent" the place sometimes but I make it clear I'm not the one hosting the thing and I just usually lurk around keeping an eye on everyone to make sure they're okay and not over doing it. It's a shame it has to be this way but all it takes is one person ODing or leaving and getting pulled over for DUI to land you in major trouble with the law. I don't want to risk everything I own.

I've slowed down a lot though so perhaps that's part of it. I rarely attend anything anymore. The last three or four times I went out of town for an event my young friend (the BLer I mentioned in my last post) was the one that talked me into going. I'm happy he did but even those outings were a bit much and exhausting. Sure would like to make it back up to the mountains to meet with some of the folks I met up there but I doubt it's happening any time soon.

Yeah, I feel that.
I've had quite a few parties and mini music festivals at a farm I have access to outside of Toronto and I've always been super paranoid about who gets invited. I've managed to have a good show every time by inviting all my friends and making it very clear to them that they are to invite only people who I would deem to be responsible and good souls. It's worked out so far, going back well over a decade.
I've had a couple events where undesirables showed up but they were swiftly shut down and out, just made to feel like they shouldn't be there and they left on their own accord without incident.
I think I've been able to establish a certain level of expectation so that I don't end up with idiots showing up to one of my events because everyone who puts the word out knows what the deal is and only invites people accordingly.
Still stresses me out every time though. 🤣

And bonus: we've only ever had cops show up once. I was peaking on 4g of mushrooms and talking to the DJ at the stage when they showed up to tell us to turn the sound system down and asked if everyone was of legal drinking age. Said there were complaints which was strange because the neighbours are all the same they've always been and they've always been cool. They weren't even off the property when the DJ turnt the sound up even louder than it was before. Big choon! 😁
I guess I've been lucky.

Nothing feels better than trolling these fucking pigs...

Weee...

Yeah, I feel that.
I've had quite a few parties and mini music festivals at a farm I have access to outside of Toronto and I've always been super paranoid about who gets invited.

I've had more good ones than bad ones over the years. The few times we had problems no one would owe up to inviting the problems. I'm probably going to try again soon because I haven't hosted anything in going on three years now. My neighbors are pretty relaxed about the sound system even though the sound carries a long ways. I give them the heads up a week or so before and always invite them. They've never attended but they've never called the cops either. I do enjoy the parties not fueled by alcohol more than the ones where everyone is partaking in it. When they don't drink they always help me clean up and I'm never stuck babysitting people. Funny how that works. It also avoids someone getting mad over getting cut off of the free booze. I've had multiple people get really offended when I refuse to serve them anymore liquor. I'm not even a dick about it I just don't pour shots for people that can't take two steps without falling on their asses.

Yeah, it's too bad about the problems in the form of unfortunate people that can pop up.
Free booze?! Damn, I gotta try an open bar at my next one.....never done anything like it. We haven't had problems with people drinking and causing problems, thankfully. Probably because pretty well everyone in our social scene is either not a drinker, can manage a couple drinks and leave it at that, or is a degen binge drinker and has therefore reached level 10 drinking ability and doesn't lose thinking and agility points and thus doesn't turn into a mess/problem.

I hope you do one up again soon! I won't be there but the thought of these sorts of things happening all over the place makes me happy. :D

I think I'll do one up again this summer as well. Our last one was a mini on NYE which was great but really small.

This is cool; no definite plans, other than several of us are going to do something in several areas. The end result will just hopefully be many such gatherings who knows where. Where and when doesn’t matter, just put ‘em on or get to ‘em (when we can again)!

That's actually a really great idea. I go to a lot of festivals and very occasionally I meet a fellow drug nerd who is obviously hip to the online scene and I always wonder, but I rarely actually ask them. I've never randomly met a Bluelighter that I know of (I have met a number on purpose). Only one time have I ever met someone who recognized me from the Internet, ended up being the bass player in my band and psychedelic brother, he grew up reading my trip reports, it's a cool feeling.
I would love to come visit and jam with you out in the mountains. I'm looking at a Yamaha Genos right now. :: drools ::

I have actually met and jammed with two BLers over the years. :)

I've got a Nord Electro 6D, MicroKorg and Moog Sub-Phatty. And a shit ton of pedals, my newest one is a Boss RC-300 loop station, my guitar player and I link them via MIDI so our loop tempos are perfectly synchronized.

Damn that Genos looks niiiiice

At the risk of giving too much information about myself away: I have an area similar to this without the commune that I've often thought about loaning out for a gathering. What has prevented it is my paranoia about the cops coming and bad experiences I've had with parties in the past. I once had a small group of people show up that I'd tripped with before who invited several of their friends that throw parties (don't want to call them raves more "rave themed") in a area. What ended up happening is two distinct groups having what felt like two different parties in the same room. One side was your typical alcohol fueled affair and the other half was MDMA with glow sticks. That night I had someone I'd ever seen before walk up to the bar and ask if it'd be okay to sell RCs there. When I told him I'd prefer he didn't he threw a $100 bill in the tip jar, blew me a kiss, and walked away. As much as I would have liked to take part in either party going on I couldn't because when I host I try to remain somewhat sober so I can take care of everyone and have enough energy left at the end of the night to clean up. Typically, I don't finish until the sun is up and don't manage to sleep until 9am.

There were other experiences like the night someone almost ran over a group of people with their car, only to have the shit beaten out of him by the other party goers, and then guns were pulled. I never figured out what that guy was messed up on and I was stuck between wanting him to leave and not allowing him because I didn't want him to go down the highway and plow someone over with his car.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is hosting a gathering comes with a lot of problems for the host that are usually caused by someone that doesn't know how to get along or is there to make profit and leave. I'd love to host something where chill people could come and not have to worry about the police or the quality of what's being shared but I've accepted that this is impossible and it only takes one idiot/asshole to ruin everyone's good time. These days I've stopped hosting anything. I still "rent" the place sometimes but I make it clear I'm not the one hosting the thing and I just usually lurk around keeping an eye on everyone to make sure they're okay and not over doing it. It's a shame it has to be this way but all it takes is one person ODing or leaving and getting pulled over for DUI to land you in major trouble with the law. I don't want to risk everything I own.

I've slowed down a lot though so perhaps that's part of it. I rarely attend anything anymore. The last three or four times I went out of town for an event my young friend (the BLer I mentioned in my last post) was the one that talked me into going. I'm happy he did but even those outings were a bit much and exhausting. Sure would like to make it back up to the mountains to meet with some of the folks I met up there but I doubt it's happening any time soon.
Shit like this is why I'm a shut in. I've been in so many situations where everything is cool and then it turns into

DEFINITELY NOT COOL

And the reasons people get their panties in a twist defies logic

Apparently there's also the risk that the people you meet might reflect poorly on your sense of self worth.

I regret I have to add this, but here I am.

Shit like this is why I'm a shut in. I've been in so many situations where everything is cool and then it turns into

DEFINITELY NOT COOL

And the reasons people get their panties in a twist defies logic
This exact type situation is what I was most drawn to in that lifestyle. Abrupt, surprising chaos at any moment. For me, i think it was the rush of adrenaline and after i had a few extreme events that trigger that and I survived I kind of got this invincibility complex. It was really stupid, but then again the only people I knew with the hard drugs i was using for sale were people who were cool and calm but prone to instant chaotic and intense anger.

It was one of the hardest obstacles to overcome when i got sober. Action was always around and then there was no actions. No constant up and down adrenaline rush.

/end rant

The only BLer I've met died recently. :(
Not to sound like a dick but if you plan in hanging around BL you need to be prepared for people to die. BL is a super vacuum for the drug culture. Its bound to have more deaths than most.

If you choose to stay close to the drug culture you need to prepare yourself to encounter and deal with death.

It’s better smart than safe. Let’s meet upstate ny for a festival.