• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bluelight Gathering(s) - Could this ever happen?

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
Wouldn’t it be rad if we could have a day, wherever our members are, to have a bunch of gatherings of bluelighters (and greenlighters), simultaneously celebrating?
I know it’s a pipe-dream, but the more I picture it, the more I want to attend such an event. Like a Rainbow gathering, but across dozens or hundreds of towns.

Maybe someday . . .

Despite logistics and etc., it would be amazing, and since I’m thinking this, others must be as well.

A guy can dream, until another with actual organization skills manifests the idea into reality.

It’d be just so amazing to actually meet some of you; reading your thoughts IS a connection - meeting up would be like finding lost friends.
Anyway, pie in the sky, but it makes me thankful this site exists and does allow for thought transfer, however distant - amazing in its own right.

This topic has been beaten to death, but i'll humor it.

It would be awesome. I've met a couple IRL, but to have a party for everyone would be cool.

IIRC, there were BL meet ups in the past, but nothing so recent. There are a bunch of people from the USA.

It's hard to just invite everyone though, because we don't know who's who. Or like, who's a cop, etc.

That's probably why you don't hear about open parties on the open forum.

I've met some BLers, a few of them remain part of my life as we moved to the same town a long time ago, friend family status.

In the late 1990s or very early 2000s there was a bluelight meet up or gathering and apparently a regular poster turned out to be a narc or cop and everyone else was arrested as they all had drugs with them.

There used to be one in Clearwater, BC called Breakdown. A private clearing in a forest, outfitted with an outdoor stage and pit toilets. Best weekends of my life.
I take the above points, and see how this is just a pipedream. Although, nothing’s stopping me from reaching out to those in the Vancouver area - and others to their own areas. The point about a visit from the man is duly noted, but precautions could be taken, to a point.

I suppose I’m just aching for a non-corporate festival; where are they?
Thanks for at least entertaining this notion, and what may just be my nostalgia!
Although, if you hear of suttin’ . . . :)

I suppose I’m just aching for a non-corporate festival; where are they?

Ok. so, what do you define as being a non-corporate festival? I may be able to help you, but you'd have to come to Ontario. :p

Maybe I'd even invite you to the ones we have on the farm, and I don't even care if you are a narc....they're welcome too!! So far, we've had no problems with the cops who have showed up.....let's just say that some people have their priorities straight.

Sunrise, that is verrrrrrry tempting, and I’m not a cop, just a fairly broke (typical) musician/artist.
I may indeed be visiting Ottawa in June, so . . .

Non-corporate to me means small-ish, maybe private, no sponsor banners or wristbands. Too much to ask/hope for?
Now with Covid19, it’ll have to be small gatherings anyway!

In the end, I’m just naively hoping that more folks start doing things like hosting gatherings on farms, etc. and restart an era of love again.
Thanks again for even talkingabout this idea (I hear it’s been done before).
Cheers!

Sunrise, that is verrrrrrry tempting, and I’m not a cop, just a fairly broke (typical) musician/artist.
I may indeed be visiting Ottawa in June, so . . .

Non-corporate to me means small-ish, maybe private, no sponsor banners or wristbands. Too much to ask/hope for?
Now with Covid19, it’ll have to be small gatherings anyway!

In the end, I’m just naively hoping that more folks start doing things like hosting gatherings on farms, etc. and restart an era of love again.
Thanks again for even talkingabout this idea (I hear it’s been done before).
Cheers!

Me and my friends and some friends of friends sometimes do a little thing with music and a massive fire on a farm near Toronto. It's never been bigger than 50 or so people.
Some others I've been to near London (Ontario).

I go to relatively small-ish fest every year near North Bay.....it's pretty well non-commercial.

Not sure about anything near Ottawa in June though.....but you'll be close enough to Montreal so the odds are not bad.

there was a BL mod meetup in Vancouver some years ago would be fun to have something similar

(after the whole coronavirus nonsense)

I’ve been a semi-hermit for quite a while now, too. Maybe that’s contributing to my itch.
Ontario is sounding cooler all the time!

@sekio even if it were just mods, it’s a good feeling that at some level, members of the group are actually connecting face to face. It then ceases to be just a forum, and makes it a more real force.

Anyway, I always wanted to drive out farther than Sask.
This may be the year.

I’ve been a semi-hermit for quite a while now, too. Maybe that’s contributing to my itch.
Ontario is sounding cooler all the time!

Ontario is dope/ill/awesome/etc...don't let the "Ont-errible" people out your way fool you....they're just jealous or crusty or both.

@sekio even if it were just mods, it’s a good feeling that at some level, members of the group are actually connecting face to face. It then ceases to be just a forum, and makes it a more real force.

I was a member of a now-defunct sub-forum of a local TV station 20 years ago and we organised a bunch of meetups...they were super cool and included big dinners at someone's home and a farm party with bonfire!
They're a good time.....but this one is a bit different in some respects, given the subject matter.

Anyway, I always wanted to drive out farther than Sask.
This may be the year.

Do it! Driving across the country is one of the best things I've ever done in my life. I was planning another 5 week one for this or next year in my new Merc van that I camp in. Give yourself enough time. When I did it, we were in a rush to get to Shambhala on the way west and then, after a week there and a week in Van, we rushed to get home and I spent some days driving as long as 14 hours which was absolute fucking nonsense.

Take your time......enjoy the way. On my next one, I'm not driving more than 4-6 hours a day.

I once had a drunk night with a corrupt cop and he showed me the back of his ID, which clearly stated he was a cop so if you ever want to be sure, when in doubt, just check that. I do not know if that rule applies outside my country everywhere but it is worth mentioning.

10-15 years ago meeting bluelighters and getting together for tripping parties was pretty common place for me, usually with PD social regulars.
Also if I was traveling somewhere I would try to meet with a bluelighter in that part of the country (and hopefully score some weed)
It’s slowed down a whole lot since I post here less frequently and don’t have as much time or desire to trip frequently.

That would be so much fun!! There's something so magical about meeting up with online friends in person 😊 And I agree with tripnnface, meeting up at a festival or other event would probably be the best option if a bunch of people were going.