Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Blue Lotus (Nymphaea caerulea) - New Experience - Quite Impressive

Dusk

Bluelighter
Well first let me give yinz some background information and just about how this all came about.

I work as a security guard so apart from doing my rounds, I have a lot of free time to surf the web and of course bluelight.

So about a week ago I was checking my paypal account and noticed I had $15 in it from im not sure what. I had been curious to try out blue water lily (aka blue lotus or nymphaea caerulea) and found it on ebay for 7$ and ounce.

I quickly bought it and anxiously waited the 5 days for shipping.

The package arrived right before I was leaving for work, so I grabbed my bowl and the package and headed to work. Let me note I work the night shift so before going to work I was sleeping and had nothing in my stomach +10 hours.

- I packed a pretty monsterous bowl in my pretty monster of a pipe, since I read most of its effects are very subtle and take a lot to be felt.

(00:00) I smoked the first bowl. Probably toked on it for a whole 5-7 mintues. Pleasurable taste, no effects were felt initially.

(+00:15) Feeling a little different, like an extremely suble marijuana buzz. More lucid than a marijuana high.

(+00:25) Smoked another large bowl, as im smoking it I start to feel the effects a lot more. Very relaxing feeling. I finish the bowl and I'm quite impressed by how high I feel. I It feels very similiar to a mild marijuana high, like I just smoked a bowl of mids. But without the anxious feelings I sometimes get on weed. Another guard came inside and If I had smoked pot instead I would have felt paranoid with him around but with this my head is clear, no anxious thoughts, and still have a great marijuana-like buzz.

(+01:00) Still feel as high as I did after smoking the second bowl. Still very relaxed and calm.

(+02:00) Feel the high residing, still very noticable effects though. Going to smoke some more so Ill end the report here.

Overall: I really enjoyed all parts of this plant. The high was very pleasent and relaxing. And I will absolutely be using this flower again. Highly Recommended!

Last edited:
Blue lotus for me is fairly subtle although I have occasionally had good effects off it. One effect I have noticed although it was only the once is that it takes a lot of the rough anxious edges off shrooms.

Make a big ass cupo tea with it and mix with a bunch of bud, then meditate and the Egyptian Sphinx will contact you and give you Universal Knowledge

^ LOL

I used to mix it with weed into joints to smoke, I really liked the synergy.

Dusk, glad you found this valuable ally

Since my first experience, I've made tea with it multiple times, and mixed with weed multiple times. I really like mixing it will some bud, it helps conserve your green and gives a nice synergy to the high.

Make a big ass cupo tea with it

Tea is a good shout. Smoked it is so, so subtle. In a strong brew it is actually a pretty good 'knock you on your arse' drug. To this day, b lo tea is the best aphrodisiac I've ever had.

As for dosage, well I was never that bothered about accuracy when I was making it. The last time I reckon I threw in 1/4 Oz between 7 people. Coupled with lots of weed, everyone was comfortably fucked :D

The tea, IMO tastes horrid though. As in a really, really nasty aftertaste that only dried San pedro and raw opium poppy pods have beat.

Interesting...

Could someone elaborate on the high? Is it a weed-like psychedelia high with "non-obvious" euphoria? Does it make your mind more suggestive to association like weed? Does it "chill you out?"

it's just a very peaceful feeling. Has to do something with the dopamine in the actives somewhat. I found it added more visuals to my weed high and definitely adds another dimension to things. It's like it's stimulating your chakras and inducing a slight trance where everything does feel fine.

With alcohol it mixed very well. It seemed like the alcohol allowed it to bypass something in the brain, it truely feels like the lotus is inside you. Very spiritual feeling.

I did find with repeated use i felt kinda blah afterwards so really no abuse potential. But it seems like something everyone should try sometime. Plus it's immensely cheap for an ounce of it. which is as many doses as you want it to be really. Definitely makes you horny. Very. You seem to exist in the Lotus dimension and mental communication with your partner seems to be more fluid.

Every time id mix it with weed, honest to Ra, you feel like an ancient egyptian entity is guiding you. Kinda give's insight to maybe how they built the pyramids or some of their gods. It adds a lucidity to the weed visions where you can make out shapes and actually watch them, not in an overly psychy crazy way, just like a "oh, im looking in my textbook" way.

Nice trip report, enjoyed reading it. :)

You should also try the White or Pink variants, especially the Pink Lotus flower is nice to mix with weed and gives a smooth and subtle feeling where the Blue Lotus is more stimulating to me. Great herbal replacement for weed and I would recommend it instead of those other smoking mixes which cost a ton and may contain some shitty herbs like intoxicating mint (blegh).

Mixing all three variants is very nice as well, you should also try Wild Dagga (a reddish herb), that is a great legal herbal smoke with a good high, kinda like hash.

Did it smell like Opium to you as well? I loved the smell of the flowers really. :)

-- Peace o/

Make a big ass cupo tea with it and mix with a bunch of bud, then meditate and the Egyptian Sphinx will contact you and give you Universal Knowledge

I want to meet that sphinx! sounds like an awesome smoke, I'ma look it up

I too came across Blue Lotus awhile back and decided on acquiring some. I would habitually mix my weed with damiana and blue lotus, stretches out your stash and you do experience a different bake.

Just tried this for the first time as part of a test of various ethnobotanicals. Dose was about 15 gr in tea between two adults now at 1hr 30 min in and a definite effect is there, but I'd have to agree that it's subtle, it's also very pleasant, free of anxiety and with a nice lucid state of mind. I will try this again at some point probably at a higher dose or mixed with wine or Kratom. Yes, quite pleasant.

Lol mate you're very. I just got this stuff in the mail and have googled for trip reports. Your two comments on this thread make me very excited to try this stuff.. keen to connect with Ra. Cant wait for the sphinx to contact me. Peace!

Ate a bag of Blue Lotus pills last week. Meh. Just a somewhat curious novelty. Did not restock. AMP

Ate a bag of Blue Lotus pills last week. Meh. Just a somewhat curious novelty. Did not restock. AMP
So what exactly happened? I have read trip reports on erowid written by people who made an infusion with the blue lotus with hot water, extracted the drug described below with alcohol, ate the flowers, or who smoked it and they said it was mildly relaxing; but definitely psychoactive.

Blue Lotus contains Apomorphine. Apomorphine is a non-selective dopamine agonist and an antagonist of 5-HT2 and α-adrenergic receptors with high affinity.

It's at most a calming relaxing buzz that doesn't last very long.

Blue lotus can be a very euphoric experience, but it is remarkably inconsistent, even when prepared in exactly the same way from the same batch.

Tea is a good shout. Smoked it is so, so subtle. In a strong brew it is actually a pretty good 'knock you on your arse' drug. To this day, b lo tea is the best aphrodisiac I've ever had.

As for dosage, well I was never that bothered about accuracy when I was making it. The last time I reckon I threw in 1/4 Oz between 7 people. Coupled with lots of weed, everyone was comfortably fucked :D

The tea, IMO tastes horrid though. As in a really, really nasty aftertaste that only dried San pedro and raw opium poppy pods have beat.
Sorry for bumping this very old Thread, but for all who claim pod tea is bad, try fresh San Pedro!!! The vilest, evil slimy, icky yucky bleh taste. Only shit can be worse