• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine blood in my syringe, how long is it still safe to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tablehead

Bluelighter
So I had a solid register, but after trying to loosen the turniquette I slipped out of the vein.

After that, i couldnt get it to register again for the life of me. So this happened 2 times, and I was left with 2 blood and coke filled syringes. They sat for about 4 hours and then I squirted them out into a cooker again, and filtered through cotton.

I was left with very clear red liquid, with no dark clumps or particles what so ever. Is it still safe to shoot these about 5 hours after missing them originally??

Also I have a good size shot that was contaminated witht he smallest amount of bleach... Just toss it? Or is there something I can do??

Honestly, Just toss it. I wouldn't want to risk shooting that. "cotton fever" is a bitch - and caused by bacteria not cotton; And nothing says bacteria like bloody water sitting at room temperature all day.

Personally I'd shoot it but every harm reduction fibre in me is screaming toss it. Blood is an excellent place for bacteria to breed and nothing says sepsis like bacteria into a vein. If you HAD to shoot it I'd recomend adding peroxide or iodine to it to kill off some of whatever could be growing in I still couldn't recomend it. Best bet is to throw it away.

Alternatively you could squirt it under your tongue and let it absorb sublingually. You don't have to completely waste the shot and you also don't get sepsis. WinWin

Alternatively you could squirt it under your tongue and let it absorb sublingually. You don't have to completely waste the shot and you also don't get sepsis. WinWin

this is a very good point. Not got much experience with coke but I'm sure that rectal would also be an option and would assume (but I could be totally wrong) that it would have a higher bioavailability. You could also put the solution into nasal decongestant spraybottle and put it up your nose that way.

Its definitely not anywhere close to safe at this point. Adding something like peroxide or iodine would only make it worse to IV.

Plugging or sublingual are your best options at this point.

depending on how much is involved you could to an ammonia freebase of the material in question - smoke that after washing the dried product of that - or salt it out again and shoot that material

the ammonia and the acid used to salt should kill anything in there but thats just my opinion - shouldn't really lose anything there but might not be worth it

every experience I've had with blood in a syringe is like a race against the clock. If I don't get it in within a minute or so the rig gets completely clogged

. You could also put the solution into nasal decongestant spraybottle and put it up your nose that way.

This would also work but I absolutely hate idea of blood clotting in my nostrils.

The BA is about the same as it is with rectal administration.

Wiki says that platelets are 2-3micro meters in diameter so if you have a micronfilter it's a decimal point finer and should filter most of them I would assume?

when i lived with jasoncrest both of us were IVing several times daily, and we both had shitty veins so would often end up with syringes full of a mixture of dark blood/drugs that was no longer suitable for IV.
once it was decided we woudln't be able to do the shot, we always "squirted" it up our nose, in front of a mirrow or having the other person do it so we didn't poke ourselves accidentally.
why am i reading opposition to this method?
i think it's better than rectal anyway cuz it only takes like two seconds to aim a needle at your nostril and push down on the plunger...

Ok, pull plunger out of syringe and set aside. Get something to catch the shot. Flick the blood clot shot out how ever u can into a container. Cut it with water. U need a little more than u would want for a regular shot. I use about half the amount in the shot. Anyway mix the water in and get a filter bigger than usually used. Work it until it's tight so when u pull it up no particles get in your syringe. After you feel satisfied that u got all the dope out, then get a metal spoon or anything you can heat. You don't want to boil and ruin it, but pasturize it. A little steam might come out. But cook to kill any cotton fever, shot ruining bacteria. Filter again and it is ok

Ok, pull plunger out of syringe and set aside. Get something to catch the shot. Flick the blood clot shot out how ever u can into a container. Cut it with water. U need a little more than u would want for a regular shot. I use about half the amount in the shot. Anyway mix the water in and get a filter bigger than usually used. Work it until it's tight so when u pull it up no particles get in your syringe. After you feel satisfied that u got all the dope out, then get a metal spoon or anything you can heat. You don't want to boil and ruin it, but pasturize it. A little steam might come out. But cook to kill any cotton fever, shot ruining bacteria. Filter again and it is ok

Sounds like risky biscuits...

Now if it were me. I wouldn't even ingest the bleach. But old blood has never caused me any harm (that I am aware). Even after 24 hours. The worst it's ever done to me is clogged a tool.

So in conclusion... Weighing the benefits of not wasting the shot vs. the harm reduction of ingesting or inhaling, I would not personally do it. But that's only because it's cocaine IMO.

Don't ever shoot a syringe that has blood sitting in it!! Very dangerous!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.