Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BLOG: Things Bogans Like - Last Year's Designer Drug

hoptis

Bluelight Crew

About once a week, on the news, there will be a story about someone overdosing on the ‘latest designer drug’. This is, invariably, a bogan. And the drug is, invariably, not the latest. The illicit pharmaceutical industry is a dynamic one, constantly on the lookout to produce a bigger, cheaper high. These drugs begin to filter through society, and hard-core users and ravers adopt them with glee. Then, once they realise that this new drug is not safe, not very high and certainly not all that cheap, they move on to the next methamphetamine.

It is at about this point that the bogan embraces said raving fuel en masse. By this point in the drug’s life cycle, however, it has begun to be manufactured by ignorant, unschooled junkies in hideously filthy backyard labs, cut with Drano and pushed to the CBD club scene by organised crime.

This cycle continues to its natural – and inevitable – climax; the overdose of about 1,000 bogans at a major rave with medial capitals in the title, like TwoTribes and SummaDayze. Of late, the drug of choice has been GHB, with its delightfully bogan-dyslexic moniker of ‘Grievous Bodily Harm’, although the list is far longer. This type of behaviour tends to follow copious consumption of ketamine, woodies/cruisers and jumping around a lot on the jumping castles in the ‘chill out zone’.

The mass-OD then becomes national news. At which point the bogans’ parents blame society.

Things Bogans Like

=D

Brutally honest, I love it. How we should start linking it to every dipshit Australian journalist.

Comments are hilarious too.

Just been reading through that blog. Does anyone else find it funny that a group of people are bitching about bogans been narrow minded, whilst been incredibly narrow minded themselves?

The blog itself is fairly shitty. A cheap imitation of 'stuff white people like' but without the self aware sense of irony that makes SWPL so funny. It's also very innaccurate, it designates all sorts of behaviour to bogans that really isn't bogan at all (Ed Hardy, Steroid use).

This is what I posted in one of their comment sections:

“And to head off the inevitable criticisms at the pass; we who are responsible for this are not self-aware bogans. We are not like Woody Allen making Jewish jokes. We are snobs. Hipsters. We mock these people out of sheer spite and an infuriating sense of self-superiority. We are very young, very white, and total arseholes. And that’s how we like it.”

Really? A real snob wouldn’t need to proclaim themselves as such, and no real hipster would ever use the word referring to themselves, in fact they ardently distance themselves from the label.

It appears that what we have here is a case of up-jumped middle class poseurs with pretentions of sophistication, trying to elevate their opinion of themself by putting down people below them (but not too far below, despite how desperately they try to convince themselves otherwise).

If you need to point out how much you are something, it usually means you aren’t.

This whole blog just reeks of trying far, far too hard.

Amusing for what it's worth...

but we all know bogans aren't the culprits behind the GHB 'scandal' of recent years.

I find it so amazing how the definition of a "bogan" has morphed over the last 20 or so years.

Bogan stereotype used to involve ACDC, tight black jeans (not the emo fag kind ugh!) mullets, flannys, winnie blues, VB and Jack Daniels (or similar).

What the fuck is all this about "bogans" attending rave parties and taking pills?

Its not just that either, what was the name of that kings cross bogan the "chk chk boom girl" ? She didn't look like the old stereotype?

I also seem to remember the Mayor? of Melbourne complaining about "bogans" causing trouble in the city.

It seems the word bogan is now the publically acceptable way of saying "dickhead". How lame.

I find it so amazing how the definition of a "bogan" has morphed over the last 20 or so years.

Bogan stereotype used to involve ACDC, tight black jeans (not the emo fag kind ugh!) mullets, flannys, winnie blues, VB and Jack Daniels (or similar).

What the fuck is all this about "bogans" attending rave parties and taking pills?

Its not just that either, what was the name of that kings cross bogan the "chk chk boom girl" ? She didn't look like the old stereotype?

I also seem to remember the Mayor? of Melbourne complaining about "bogans" causing trouble in the city.

It seems the word bogan is now the publically acceptable way of saying "dickhead". How lame.

Exactly my thoughts. Bogan should be used for someone wearing thongs, stubbies, a blue wife beater and with VB can in hand.

I lol'd

But they are talking about CUB's (cashed up bogans) nowadays, which kind of blurs the line between a dickhead yuppie outside of their workplace who enjoys taking whatever they can their hands on, while still having enough cash left over to splurge on the latest outdoor BBQ grill set with optional spa and mini-fridge attachement.

... so becasue a person takes a bit longer to clue into a drug , gives it a stupid name then OD,s it makes news and is scrutinized.

What a load of shit , every drug starts off small and gets bigger inevitably.

the overdose of about 1,000 bogans at a major rave with medial capitals in the title
yeah becasue noone on Bl has ever overdosed its just the bogans that make us look bad.

these days everyone takes drugs ( to an extent ) and i feel no one should be persacuted for doing so regardless of who or what they look like.