• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Blizzard stops development of WoW

Am I being to sexist when I say that there ought to be a way that the company can continue their operations while at the same time the appropriate individuals face justice ?

Am I being to sexist when I say that there ought to be a way that the company can continue their operations while at the same time the appropriate individuals face justice ?
Yes very

They probably just made this shit up themselves cause they were tired of wow/werent making money on it anymore. Why else would it be only wow that is getting canceled and not any of their other games

The state of California is suing Activision, alleging a sexist, "frat boy" culture that marginalizes women.

That is definitively part of the problem. Another part that the article doesn't mention is that the company treats all their employees like replaceable cogs. They let people go and hire in new devs with low skills and pay them much lower wages than who they replace, all the while handing out huge bonus to top executives. Not good for moral even if you are a "chad" dude working there. So there's that happening in more teams than just WoW. Only the WoW team has gone "public" at this point.

We're just going to have to wait and see how this all pans out.

Last edited:
Yea, havent played WOW since wotlk. And even then it wasnt fun. SWTOR is superior and I reckon other mmorpgs are better than WOW too.

The gaming industry attracts alot people with unbalanced skills etc which obviously leads to problems like in the article.

WoW is such a shit hole game these days legion was the last good expac
Nah it turned to shit after wrath of the lich king when Activi$ion bought them out. Game went to shit.

I started playing day 1 in 2004

I have so many amazing memories of that game.

It's officially part of my past now. Goodbye wow.

I wasn't day 1 but was pretty close.

I played the original game then through burning crusade as well. Played a little through wotlk but had to quit.

I never played the game on the public servers, but my brother had a private server with a couple friends. It was a fun game, I didn't get sucked into it quite as much as others.