Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Blackout caused by Alprazolam (Xanax)

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
I had a very weird, scary experience on the weekend.
In the past I have used a large ammount of Xanax, I have had blackouts caused from it, done my fair share of silly stuff from it as well.
On friday night myself, a girlfriend and a close mate decided we were going to have a stomp at a suburban nightclub. I have only ever been to about 3 drinking nightclubs in my history of 12 or so years of clubbing so I was a bit nervous as I did'nt know what to expect.
I try not to drink anymore, so I decided to take half a log of Xanax (not sure how much it was, possibly 1mg?)
This is a retty low dose for my normal xanax taking so I thought I'd be ok. After about an hour and a half I took the other half. The people I were with had taken the same ammount as well.
The last thing I really remember was being at the club.
The first thing I awoke to was my female friend lying naked next to me in her bed.
She remembers everything, but I don't.
Now my question is this: Can past Xanax abuse cause brain damage that will cause similar effects to an alcohol blackout? The ammount I took was miniscule compared to what I normally take (4 or 5 logs) so I am a little worried that I have caused permanent brain damage.

cheers

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

I had the same experience with rohypnol. now I just take benzos to sleep not to do someting stupid I will regret. do not under estimate the power of benzos.

anyway to get back on the topic did u drink alcohol cause I find if u drink a bit of alcohol it dose greatly affect the black out effect even if u don't drink allot. also were the xanax u took white with 4 scores if they were there 2mg per pill.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

I had the same experience with rohypnol. now I just take benzos to sleep not to do someting stupid I will regret. do not under estimate the power of benzos.

anyway to get back on the topic did u drink alcohol cause I find if u drink a bit of alcohol it dose greatly affect the black out effect even if u don't drink allot. also were the xanax u took white with 4 scores if they were there 2mg per pill. proble enough to make u black out if u drink allot of boozes with it.

last time i had xanax i drank for a few hours then i remember taking one bar, then another bar at some point, and then i woke up in my bed in the morning

Valium

This all sounds very similar to my one and only encounter with valium!

pill desc: i think they were mellow yellow in colour with a "G" pressed on one side - don't take my word for it. Also i have no idea how many mg(s) in each sorry.

A local pot-head who i befriended at the time invited me over for a session but on this particular arvo she also gave me 1 or 2 tabs of V to try. 5pm turned into 6pm and i wasn't feeling anything mind-altering so i had a couple more.

Informed the next that day that i passed out on the floor at 11pm i seriously can't recall anything past 8 o'clock. Like a sleep-walking zombie i have no idea what i did for a few hours.

I had told my (strict)folks that i would be coming home that night and somehow this thought awoke me at 3:30am. In the freezing cold i drove home in a semi-concious state. It was only a very short drive and i think i kept slapping myself to stay awake. Dumb i know! but i couldn't exactly call my parents and say "fucked on valium, can't drive sorry, see you in the morning."

Got up the next day around noon. I felt like shit and craved more valium! Girl friend called me an hour later asking what had happened to the rest of her pills. It seems that in my daze the night before, i munched another 5 :(

Lessons Learnt:
#1 Lots of free Valium = BAD Idea!
#2 DON'T smoke massive amount of weed on it.
#3 VERY addictive

Last edited:
uhm btw, i came across this thread whilst searching for xanax(alaprozolam)

@the pub last night having a few drinks(3standard in total)
i was handed a xanax tablet so i swolled it.
Sitting in a chair 10-20minutes later i could feel a headache coming on but it disappeared luckliy.. things started to seem a bit slower too(downer mixed with alcohol effect perhaps?) I think i started to feel slightly happier at this stage but my gf turned up and had a quick beer so maybe thats why i felt better ;)

We decided to leave and i noticed my legs felt extremely heavy walking to the car. Got home and had a few cones and began to feel tired. Had a bad case of the munchies so i stayed up an extra hour (just - it was getting v hard to keep my eyes open) eating and watching the telly.

Woke up early today feel extra fresh! I think i can still feel the xanax cause im thinking clearer and less shy.

Pitch To 'The Brains Trust' (and I *do* mean that seriously ... yes.. it *is* rare..)

All of the above reply's
have shit-all to do with
rm1x's experience.

I don't think anyone even really read his post.

Anyone actually got any idea's?

I'm a high-dose
xanax-dependant junkie
& I'm curious as to whether
the smart capt'ns
who run this ship
have any theories.

It's never happened to me.

BT, P_D, Fry_d, Apollo?

?
:\
UnS

Haha that's fucked, you may have taken more and not remembered, thats a pretty common case, any missing or anything?

^^Exactly - there is nothing unusual about this experience. All benzodiazepines have 5 main properties - if you can rememeber this, you can apply it to any benzo - diazepam, alprazolam, temazepam, etc etc.
They have:
1. anti - anxiety properties
2. hypnotic properties (sleep inducing)
3. muscle relaxing properties
4. anti- convulsant properties (ie: anti seizure)
5. amnesic properties (ie: reduced recall of events) - this is why benzo's are given in "twilight sedation"

Some benzos seems to do one thing better than another, and will therefore be preferentially used for that condition. Some people may be more sensitive to some effetcs than others - hence why UnSquare doesn't get amnesia (plus you have tolerance to benzo's) while other people do.

Alcohol just potentiates the ability of benzo's to cause amnesia.

"Say What Again Motherfucker... I Dare Ya, I Double Dare Ya."

rm1x said:
In the past I have used a large ammount of Xanax, I have had blackouts caused from it, done my fair share of silly stuff from it as well.

I have only ever been to about 3 drinking nightclubs in my history of 12 or so years of clubbing so I was a bit nervous as I did'nt know what to expect.
I try not to drink anymore, so I decided to take half a log of Xanax (not sure how much it was, possibly 1mg?)

This is a relly(sic) low dose for my normal xanax taking so I thought I'd be ok.

After about an hour and a half I took the other half.

Now my question is this:
Can past Xanax abuse cause brain damage that will cause similar effects to an alcohol blackout?

The amount I took was miniscule compared to what I normally take
(4 or 5 logs)

so I am a little worried that I have caused permanent brain damage.

cheers

Read Peeps!
*shakes my head at Modery bros' & siss's...*

He didn't drink.

He has a tolerance.

He extensive experience with benzo's.
(Xanax [10+mg])

Still curious.

PEACE 'N' Q
UnS
:)

Maybe it had nothing to do with the Xanax. If he is such an experienced user and has a high tolerance, then 1mg should have had the barest effect. If there is no other identifiable factor that potentiated the Xanax, maybe you should consider other causes of amnesia.

BigTrancer :)

UnSure

^
But you gotta figure it seems at bit weird.
No.

I don't know,
just curz.

Thanks for hittin' it BT, anyway.

But it still seems a bit weird.

PEACE
:\
UnS

Hmmm it's a mystery that shall always be I suspect LOL The worst part is though that I asked the girl if she remembere what happened, she said she did... I asked her if we slept together and she said "I'm not telling" hahahah
god knows what happened.
I'm putting it down to a brainfart and I think I might as well avoid them from now on. Prolly reached my saturation point or something LOL

Cheers for all of the replies :)

If you had something to drink there maybe someone spiked it. Probably way off track but just a thought.