• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Blacked out while drunk and started acting very violent

I can drink beer or wine and have a nice time, remember everything and no hangover the next day. But if I drink vodka ( and it doesn't take a lot) I tend to get ugly, bring up the past, talk about yo' momma, pick fights with anyone who I think has shot me the stink eye. Never got violent per se but that was prolly cuz my bf would drag me home tout de suite.

Maybe try milder drinks like beer, wine, etc.

I can drink beer or wine and have a nice time, remember everything and no hangover the next day. But if I drink vodka ( and it doesn't take a lot) I tend to get ugly, bring up the past, talk about yo' momma, pick fights with anyone who I think has shot me the stink eye. Never got violent per se but that was prolly cuz my bf would drag me home tout de suite.

Maybe try milder drinks like beer, wine, etc.
'
Yeah but what i'm trying to say that it wasn't me in control of the situation. Even if i'm drunk i still act quite politely and have fun, but this time it was different, I passed out, woke up and started acting crazy and violent towards my friends.

'
Yeah but what i'm trying to say that it wasn't me in control of the situation. Even if i'm drunk i still act quite politely and have fun, but this time it was different, I passed out, woke up and started acting crazy and violent towards my friends.

right it wasnt you, you got possessed by a devil it can happen from too drink. i think it happened to ozzy ozbourne one time and he tried to murder his wife. He had no memory of it the following day.

Last edited:
You got possessed by a devil. This can sometimes happen when someone is severely intoxicated. The fact that this happened means you need to be much more careful about your substance use in the future. You can still drink but you should only do so in moderation, never to a blackout point. Getting blackout drunk is never a good thing anyway, even for people who don't become violent.

I've kind of had that theory myself too when it comes to blackouts that result in that kind of out of character behavior. I've never really did anything during a blackout that seemed like that really.... just a few incidents of embarrassing stuff that I kind of half remembered the next day. However, some of the stuff that I've heard of other people doing in blackouts makes you wonder. I mean, when it's so different from the person's ordinary character, it seems like maybe there is something like that going on.

The days of me drinking myself into a drunken stupor are behind me now but back in the day I was always lucky in that I experienced only benign blackouts when I drank a little too much. I was what they call a happy drunk when I was young and dumb but now that i've grown up and lost that youthful innocence and picked up some emotional baggage I stay away from the hard liquor lest I fall into a state of unrestrained sadness or become very irritable and prone to lashing out. I imagine if I tried to go hard these on the liquor and blacked out like OP some nasty scenarios could play out.

To the OP: This blackout incident of yours is probably a wake-up call that your days of going hard with the liquor and chaos not ensuing are behind you. I would just stick to casual drinking from now on and not aim for complete drunkenness, just a mild buzz.

I used to get the same when I drank brandy, it used to make me act completely differently

I used to get the same when I drank brandy, it used to make me act completely differently

Was that not the case with different liquors? I am a believer in the idea that different drinks produce different effects but is there really that much difference between brandy, rum, whiskey, vodka or gin?

Was that not the case with different liquors? I am a believer in the idea that different drinks produce different effects but is there really that much difference between brandy, rum, whiskey, vodka or gin?

No it was only when I drank brandy - strange but true

I mainly drink whiskey. If I drink rum or brandy I do feel like there is a slightly different effect but it's hard to tell if I am just imagining it or not. I'd like to know what causes the difference in effects.

I definitely get a much different effect from whiskey compared to beer, but that makes sense because beer has a much different alcohol to water ratio and contains hops which are psychoactive themselves.

Last edited:
It would be interesting and its actually funny because my hubby is perfectly fine on certain spirits but he also seems to get aggressive on brandy, he has never blacked out but I have.

See that's cool and how it should be. Cops here would pounce and put the hurt on anyone who violates their space much less striking one, even if it's not all that intentional. Nowadays they just shoot and don't get dirty. God help you if you aren't pale white and rich.

Glad to hear that things aren't as bad as they could have been, considering. At least you don't have some (what we call Felony) charge hanging over your head for the rest of your life. It's scary to get out of control but at least you'll have a greater respect for EtOH going forward which will probably save you from future incidents. Overall things aren't all that bad.

Take Care man and I hope to see you posting around here. JA
Sorry but i had to comment, don't spread lies dude. America is not the way interpretted it to be. Police brutality happens in many countries & we have it quite easy here compared to other countries. "Pale, white & rich" oh god. You probably watch CNN everyday too.

OP, it sounds like you just drank too much. unless your friends spiked you with something this sounds like a pretty typical, if unfortunate result of excessive alcohol consumption.
blood for the blood god. ☾༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
know your limits.

I don't live in the states, I'm from finland, I didn't cause any harm to the cops since they were able to subdue me but still i tried to. They were quite nice to me when i woke up, And no i did not get any charges for it, i only have to pay for the door and the window.

Stay far away from drinking alcohol as you can't control how much you drink, and you get violent, go crazy, destroy things, and black out when you drink. I found this article since you wrote you are from Finland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...Genetic-mutation-Finnish-men-makes-fight.html

I have blacked out while drunk but I just went to other bars, and then a dance club, and kept on drinking at the other bars and club. I met a guy who wound up becoming one of my best friends ever, then I went home walking home probably and went into my apartment and woke up the next day only slightly hung over. It was not until what my friend who I met that night and other friends told me what had happened that I realized that I had blacked out.

Last edited:
OP, it sounds like you just drank too much. unless your friends spiked you with something this sounds like a pretty typical, if unfortunate result of excessive alcohol consumption.
blood for the blood god. ☾༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
know your limits.
Nah my friends would never do that, i've known them for a long time, and the "Blood god" thing came from Game of Thrones, I guess it just came to my mind when i went crazy.

Stay far away from drinking alcohol as you can't control how much you drink, and you get violent, go crazy, destroy things, and black out when you drink. I found this article since you wrote you are from Finland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...Genetic-mutation-Finnish-men-makes-fight.html

I have blacked out while drunk but I just went to other bars, and then a dance club, and kept on drinking at the other bars and club. I met a guy who wound up becoming one of my best friends ever, then I went home walking home probably and went into my apartment and woke up the next day only slightly hung over. It was not until what my friend who I met that night and other friends told me what had happened that I realized that I had blacked out.
I can control how to drink, i just like to drink alot when drinking, but i don't think any "genes" are involved, I came up with a theory with my friends that maybe i was half asleep, half passed out or something.

Nah my friends would never do that, i've known them for a long time, and the "Blood god" thing came from Game of Thrones, I guess it just came to my mind when i went crazy.

oh I thought you were referncing warhammer 40k with the blood god thing aka Khorne, Blood God and Lord of Skulls.
latest

obviously you're not as cool as i thought you were...
ha but yeah, drink less.