Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Black Ice?

my innerself

Bluelighter
I was watching the channel 7 news tonight and they were saying that the police had busted a whole bunch of vietnamese people in Perth for being involved in organised crime. Apparently they raided some homes in Perth and seized $60000, guns, heroin and black ice. Ok, so what is it? I've never heard of this before. Anyone here know anymore info on this stuff? Also they said that it might be made locally (Perth).

Cheers in advance.

It was also mentioned on triple J.

They said it was a more pure methamphetamine.

Must just be some potent stuff around.

Heard of black ice in Perth a month or two ago. Was apparently very potent and rushy. Could be 30% could be 90%.. colour doesn't mean much. You can have a 98-99% pure chemical that is coloured because of a very slight impurity.

Also heard of a similar thing with Coke.

I spoke to a guy who used to purify Coke and then used to add very small amounts of food colouring/flavouring when regassing the freebase in acetone/HCL. The colour and flavour would be locked in the crystal structure and give the appearance of coloured and flavoured powders.

Obviously as the product had been turned back to the freebase, purified and then regassed then it would also be a very pure product (with the exception of colouring/flavouring).

He used to call it Lavado.

I was sceptical until I heard someone else refer to this unusual coloured coke on a forum that he had got once got.

Colour (often caused by intentional addition of charcoal or iron dust) was added to coke to not only disguise it's appearance, but also to avoid detection by dogs and the standard thiocyanate reagent test.

It probable the smugglers of 'black ice' also had this in mind, but who knows, perhaps it's simply another marketing ploy.

black ice was around in sydney/newcastle last year - was the strongest my friend had tried in a long time. he said he had the option of three or four different colours, black was the strongest that the tried.

makes me think its just an easy way for people to tell different 'grades' apart - pay more get better grade...

Authorities: Same drug, different colour
August 2, 2007 09:40:00

Authorities have played down fears that a new designer drug has hit the streets of Perth

Yesterday, police in Perth made their first seizure of Black Ice during raids on homes in Ballajura and Alexander Heights.

Three senior members of street gangs have been charged over the haul.

Terry Murphy from the Drug and Alcohol Office says Black Ice is simply a combination of methamphetamine and black food dye.

Mr Murphy says it shows drug manufacturers are only interested in making profits.

"We haven't encountered Black Ice before but other jurisdictions have," he said.

"Essentially we understand it as something of a marketing ploy, simply adding colouring to the manufacture of the drug to create the appearance of a new product but in fact it's amphetamine.

"I think this approach to marketing an illicit drug reminds us that the people who produce these products are simply out for profit and they'll use any means to fool people that there's something new and exciting out there.

"Certain myths will be associated with different appearances of drugs such as they're more potent or more effective. People need to remember that a drug is a drug and if it's illegal, it's bound to be dangerous."

ABC Online

Was talking with a bloke at work who reckons its nothing special just added food dye or some shit to make it stand out

I think he is probly right

Thanks everyone for there replies. Lil angel you never cease to amaze me at how good you are at fact finding. The way I heard the report it sounded like a new type of Ice.

i know theres no availability discussion - but i heard this shit is also in melb...

and apparently pretty good, interesting to see why its black

theres something about this but, me personally wouldn't like to have "black ice". Something about having clear crystals seems "cleaner"

theres something about this but, me personally wouldn't like to have "black ice". Something about having clear crystals seems "cleaner"

Absolutely. Without knowing exactly what the dye is, I also have concern about possibly toxic pyrolysis products.

juice_soldier said:
I tried this gear, it was pretty dirty, left alot of residue in the bowl etc..
HA.. there we go...fuck the black stuff..no-one wants a black crackie..stick to the clear shards manufacturers...

A friend shared with me what i belleive some might call black / charcoal coloured ice recently in melbourne. It definately had a noticable black or dark grey tinge in its clear apperance.

Its quality was on the high scale (great rush long lasting), better then what I have been encountering from numerious other sources over the past 12 months.

Id say smoking anything that is not 100% clear could be potentially very harmful. It could be a harmless impurity, but you never know.

^ Infact you couldn't be more wrong..

the colour has nothing to do with it. I'm sure there are numerous cutting agents and carcinogens that come in clear crystaline form ;)

the thought of smoking fooddye along with everything else really disturbs me. ugh. these manufacturers never cease to amaze me...