• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Black Beauties (biphetamine)

N-benzyl-1-phenyl-2-aminopropane.png

Biphetamine

In the UK they were known as 'Black Bombers', brand name 'Durophet' and consisted of Laevo and Dextro amphetamine. Then there was 'Durophet-M' which contained the same amphetamines in combination with methaqualone. I would have loved to get my hands on them...

I'm now longing for drugs I never got to try from years before I was born in the 60s and 70s lol.

Would you older guys who got to try these combo drugs say that all around recreational drug use was better in the 60s and 70s or now?

I mean now you don't have all those combination drugs you guys obviously had access to and the barbiturates and quaaludes and also I know there was more real mescaline, but now we have better weed and other drugs.

Shit, pisses me off knowing that there were these great drugs and the FDA ruined it all.

The FDA and DEA are the official party poopers: their only goal is to take any and all enjoyable drugs away from the public and throw people in prison for them.

I loved being high on Black Beauties. I used them around 1974 or so to 1977 or so. I got them from my mom. I don't know how she got them. They were black capsules and they made me feel like coke did, only when I snorted coke, it was only wondrous for short while. Black Beauties would last all day. The first time I rolled on E, I was reminded of the sweet high I felt from Black Beauties.

My dad was a policeman. Eventually he specialized in narcotics. My mom and I specialized in narcotics too. But while he was putting people in jail for drugs, my mom was hell on wheels for drugs. She had perfected doctor shopping so she had lots of doctors and used several different drug stores. Before computers it was not hard to do these things. She had my father convinced she was ill with this or that disorder and since all her drugs came in prescription bottles, he looked the other way.

She didn't know I did coke or whites. She was not scripted Quaaludes so I bought coke or ludes from friends. I also traded her Black Beauties, Valium, Talwin, Meprobamate and a whole host of other drugs that I've long since forgotten. I remember the ones I liked. Black Beauties were/are first in that category.

I had friends that did Reds, a barbiturate that I wasn't into. I also wasn't into PCP. I smoked it one night thinking it was just some weed or some hash. I felt like I was moving backwards the rest of the night and I did not like it one bit.

I still have ties to drugs. I still smoke the ganj when I can. My mom is on Methadone, Norco, Ativan and Ambien, plus other inert drugs that help keep her well but don't fuck her up. She drinks a lot too, which kicks her scripts to another level.
I have been told by people who have taken MDMA/MDA, and amphetamines that if you take enough Dexedrine or Adderall the high is like being on MDMA/MDA, but not as psychedelic.

I know someone who in the late 1970s or very early 1980s overdosed on black beauties but they were from a dealer and were probably methamphetamine, and not amphetamine, as this guy told me how he had taken them before in the same dose, and they were not that powerful or strong.

Never had a chance to use the "real amphetamines", just the caffeine/ephedrine look -a- likes. I never cared for the up high anyway. My real love affair was with Doriden and codeine combo that were known on the streets in the NJ/NY metro area as 'hits" or "cibas and codeine". The most euphoric, long lasting, blissful, peaceful high in the world. Doriden (Glutethimide) induced a liver enzyme that made the codeine turn to 80-90% morphine instead of the usual 10%. Codeine is a pro-drug and changes in your body to morphine, but not all of it. The Doriden induced the liver enzyme that converted it close to 90%, then add the sedative-hypnotic effect of the Doriden and you had something special. They were very big in the Northeast, Philly, Newark, Boston, NYC. When I first started doing them they were going for 7.00 dollars for a one on one, which is one codeine 4 and one Doriden. In '93 which was the year the DEA practically forced the pharma companies from making Doriden, they were going for 20.00 dollars for a one on one, and by that time my tolerance grew to a four on four. It felt like iv heroin but much better and longer lasting, the best high I've ever known. They were made in Hungary and Romania until 2006, and were used by addicts there too as well as in Bulgaria. I still dream about them to this day. Funny thing, when Doriden and the generic Glutethimide was discontinued in '93 heroin use suddenly sky rocketed. That's your government and they know what is best for you and your well being.

Then there was 'Durophet-M' which contained the same amphetamines in combination with methaqualone.

Yes please one repeat script for that.

Oh and biphetamine is basically the same thing as Adderall, only difference is the 50/50 ratio instead of the 75/25 ratio in the modern tablets. Not really all that different I'd imagine. It's amphetamine. And pharma grade amphetamine is of course nice.

I've had Ritalin, Adderall, Vyvanse, and Dexedrine. I would rate Dexedrine as the best of those. Didn't like the physical effects of Adderall personally whereas the pure dexamph is nice and clean with only a mild comedown.

Never had a chance to use the "real amphetamines", just the caffeine/ephedrine look -a- likes. I never cared for the up high anyway. My real love affair was with Doriden and codeine combo that were known on the streets in the NJ/NY metro area as 'hits" or "cibas and codeine". The most euphoric, long lasting, blissful, peaceful high in the world. Doriden (Glutethimide) induced a liver enzyme that made the codeine turn to 80-90% morphine instead of the usual 10%. Codeine is a pro-drug and changes in your body to morphine, but not all of it. The Doriden induced the liver enzyme that converted it close to 90%, then add the sedative-hypnotic effect of the Doriden and you had something special. They were very big in the Northeast, Philly, Newark, Boston, NYC. When I first started doing them they were going for 7.00 dollars for a one on one, which is one codeine 4 and one Doriden. In '93 which was the year the DEA practically forced the pharma companies from making Doriden, they were going for 20.00 dollars for a one on one, and by that time my tolerance grew to a four on four. It felt like iv heroin but much better and longer lasting, the best high I've ever known. They were made in Hungary and Romania until 2006, and were used by addicts there too as well as in Bulgaria. I still dream about them to this day. Funny thing, when Doriden and the generic Glutethimide was discontinued in '93 heroin use suddenly sky rocketed. That's your government and they know what is best for you and your well being.
If you have taken Amphetamine sulphate, Dexedrine, or Adderall, then you have taken 'real amphetamines'. The same goes for if you have used meth.

A lot of people died from 'Doors and fours' or A combination of the prescription drugs Tylenol 4 (which contains codeine) and Doriden, and also from 'T's and Blues' pentazocine/tripelennamine combination.

Yes
If you have taken Amphetamine sulphate, Dexedrine, or Adderall, then you have taken 'real amphetamines'. The same goes for if you have used meth.

A lot of people died from 'Doors and fours' or A combination of the prescription drugs Tylenol 4 (which contains codeine) and Doriden, and also from 'T's and Blues' pentazocine/tripelennamine combination.

@ THC2LSD reply #9 on 9 June 2012

By calendar year 1978, of, 27th edition of PDR (USA) the formula changed from my post #34 that was consistent, thru 1973.

quote from PDR of 1978 by mfg Obetrol Pharmaceuticals. "Obetrol 10 mg" until 1994/1995.

Dextroamphetamine Saccharate 2.5 mg
Amphetamine Asparate 2.5 mg
Dextroamphetamine Sulfate 2.5 mg
Amphetamine Sulfate 2.5 mg unquote

Obetrol 20 mg. tablets contain twice this potencyI am 66 and loved black beauties. RJS.. Would you sell me some that re similar in the effects? It was a 2 to 3 day experience.\\

@THC2LSD ref post #9 June 09 2012

Yes, "Preludin" mfg, was, Geigy, per Physicians Desk Reference, Product ID page 13 of 27th edition, for the
calendar year 1973, shows, Preludin 25 mg peach color, embossed Geigy 42, also, 50 mg. now a round pill, white
embossed Geigy 79, and finally, 75 mg of a round tablet, also pink, or salmon colored, embossed Geigy 62.

It was around for a long time, it was discontinued, not sure of the last year of manufacture. It is listed as far
back as the year 1965 in the data collection for the 1966 PDR for the USA.

Preludin and the Abbott Labs of North Chicago, Ill USA Desoxyn 5 mg was too strong for me. I could tell no
significant difference, in the very powerful medications for my lifelong ADD inattentive type.

I may have noted before, that Abbott Labs, who also made patented "Desbutal" Gradumet, in 5 mg, 10mg
and 15 mg, all were the smoothest stimulants I have ever taken in my life covering 40 years of use by
a AMA board certified USA Psychiatrist.....my favorite was the 15 mg of Desbutal containing methamphetamine
and 90 mg of Nembutal, (Pentobarbital sodium) not to be confused with Phenobarbital. My prescription could
no longer be filled in July of 1973, when the DEA of USA banned combination pills of stimulants with a sedative,
with the exception of SKF mfg of "Dexamyl" manufactured until the year 1981, or 1982.

Dexamyl contained, 5 mg, lime green tabs in a triangular shape and 10mg and 15mg of the Dexamyl Spansule
of dextroamphetamine with, the 15 mg ER spansule containing 15 mg of dextroamphetamine with 97 mg of
amobarbital. All of my medications were always monitored by a USA AMA board certifed shrink,
a USA Psychiatrist, including, now, 40 years later, by a Addictionologist for A.D.D inattentive type.

I take meds in order to have a quality of life, not for recreational purposes.

To answer the question by THC2LSD IMHO, even myself, I could not get my M.D's to prescribe me
Biphetamine during any of the 1970's, the 1980's, and the 1990's IMHO because of the harsh
USA stigma, that was associated with Black Beauties. Yes, I have taken Pharma samples, and,
yes, I liked them, but, I could never get my otherwise very accommodating M.D.'s anywhere in the
USA to prescribe me Biphetamine in any potency. The sales dropped IMHO due to the stigma, and
allegedly poor management by Fisons, who were the last USA mfg to legally make Biphetamine, in
the year 1998. (formerly Penwalt, to Strasenburg).
Would you be able to sell me something simiular to the Black Beauties of the 60's I live in Rochester NY and remember them fondly. I am 66 and would love to try them again or something similar?