European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Black and Green tea

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Coffee consumption most of the time triggers some stomach related issues/burns/discomfort (I really don't know to call it).

So yesterday, believe it or not, I had my first taste of black tea, plain and simple without any milk or sugar, I liked the taste as it was. I happen to know that it contains caffeine although in lower amounts than coffee.

Surprisingly, no stomach discomfort, from what I understand black and green tea are the same just with different levels of caffeine and in a different state.

I know you UK folks are one of the biggest tea drinkers, beside Japan/China and other Asian countries.

Now could you please recommend some brands, preparation recipes, extra info, when it's okay to drink Black and when it's okay to drink Green, Benefits, Side effects etc.

Long story short, I want to know everything about these two brews, so please, I'm really serious about the subject, so in all the seriousness provide me with as much info as you can.

Thanks in advance.

there are all kinds of different teas - Green tea is supposed to be healthier, in the supermarkets here you can get it flavoured with all kinds of wonderful flavourings such as lychee andf melon to make it taster nicer. If you haven't tried Jasmine tea then it has a lovely aroma.. Normal black tea is usually drank with milk and sugar or honey to sweeten

Rooibos (Redbush) isn't tea but is also very nice IMO

If caffeine's what you're after then just buy some caffeine pills, they're cheap as chips- but I'm not a coffee drinker

I would appreciate just a small caffeine boost when I am benzoed up at work, usually I drink lots of coffee, but I'm really interesten in this black and green tea thing.

Tea all the way mates -

Don't listen to anyone who lives in Southern England - they can't make a fukkin decent brew to save their lives...it's a Northern thing

Get some Yorkshire tea down you (Yorkshire Gold is my fave atm)...make sure it's strong

Green Tea is for wimps (it's really good for you though so I hear)

I'm not from England, but will try some brands and if you got some extra info about them even better, I would prefer brands that are produced outside of UK too, not just in the UK

Green tea has a great savory flavor and is the best for you in terms of antioxidants. I drink 1-3 cups a day and love its taste/effects. It has half the caffeine of coffee usually and has l-theanine which calms caffeine's jittery effects.

Amazon sells some Japanese Sensha that is out of this world!

My favorite is :

Hoshino-Cha Gyokuro Green Tea ( FIRST FLUSH 2019 )

Summer 2019 First Flush Harvest: Now in stock. Satisfaction Guarantee: We’re proud of our products. If you aren’t satisfied, we’ll refund you. feel free to reach out to us (they include phone number)

“Traditional Authentic Yame Gyokuro” – which last year received recognition under the national geographical indication protection system – is a luxury green tea and the main specialty of our plantation.
Farmer Akihito Tataki - the first son of the Takaki Green Tea Farm in Hoshino Villiage, Yame, Japan. Awarded best in category at the all-Japan Cuisine Awards by the ministry of Forest and Agriculture. The “Fujimidori” variety of Dento Hon Gyokuro is only available in Hoshino Villiage of Yame. The truly rare Fujimidori cultivar has been created by one tea producer and secretly grown in the Fujiyama Hamlets (settlement) in Hoshino Village.
This tea is from the first flush of the 2019 harvest. It was grown using special, traditional methods separately classified as “Dento Hon”.
This means the tea bushes are cultivated naturally without shaping the tea bushes into rows. The tea bushes are covered to block out 95% of sunlight - not with the usual black synthetic fibers, but natural rice straw called “sumaki”. Most tea leaves are picked using machines these days, but Dento Hon Gyokuro is still picked by hand even today.

Last edited:
I have acid reflux and coffee is a huge trigger if I haven't taken my omeprazole. Caffeine pills give me problems too. I think I also need to make the switch to tea. There was a black tea I used to drink regularly that was really good, but I can't remember the brand for the life of me... 🤦‍♂️

Black tea with honey and milk is fucking god like :)

Cup of black tea is supposed to be about ½ of a coffee cup. Try some blackberry or citrus tea.

and a black one? not so excquisite?

It is exquisite not because it is green, but because of the care in the way it was produced.

You asked for a good tea not made in UK and this is one of the best. I'm sure there are great black teas out there and someone may indeed list one for you. The problem with tea is that there are so many out there, you may just have to sort out what you are looking for. There are many teas, not just green and black.

Enjoy the journey! ;)

Try to get tea that comes in big pieces (big dried pieces of the leaf instead of the nearly powdered ones), this will usually be better quality and you will be able to taste the differences between batches.
The standard way is boiling the water first then cooling it down to about 80 degrees before adding the leaves/ powder into it. Steep it for 15-30 minutes depending on how strong you like the taste. Also, try to consume it within an hour because after a while, it starts loosing the taste, it starts getting bitter. The bitterness is something that tea drinkers like and look for but the bitterness that forms when the tea waits too long is different, not pleasant.
If you drink very strong black tea on empty stomach, it can cause really annoying, long lasting nausea.
I drink black tea without milk and I think that it's much better.
You can also try adding black pepper corns, cinnamon stick, ginger, cardamom and cloves during steeping then add milk+honey which is a great winter drink especially when sick.
Green tea lacks character. It's like being indecisive about drinking hot water or tea.

I got the pyramid style lipton black tea with a hint of forest fruit on the package, but it tastes exactly like plain back. From what I understand the bags are shitty

They all taste the same. If you use honey/sugar and milk it brings out the flavors of the tea and makes it taste better.

From what I've tead the health benefits are bigger without the added stuff

They might be, Im not sure about teas health benefits as I mainly use them since I cant drink coffee. Btw if you want healthy tea, try some chamomile ginger since it should be the best night time tea.

I prefer Black Tea in the morning over coffee anyday of the week. Its soothing to my stomach and i deal with nausea on a daily basis and have terrible acid reflux. I dont get any distress from Tea's for the most part. And i honestly get as good as a boost once you adjust yohr caffeine tolerance. I still drink coffee most days after lunch and when i can handle the Acidity.

But for me Tea is comforting and it also is Nostalgic from my Scottish grandmother introducing it to me as a child. One of my favorites has always been Tetley but right now i have a box of this Ahmed Tea the English Tea No.1 kind.

One of my favorite breakfast teas, especially if sweetened with wild flower honey:

Boston Harbor Tea by Davison Newman & Company Ltd., founded in 1650 and whose Fine Tea was thrown into the water of Boston Harbour by Persons disguised as Indians in defiance of the Policies of His Majesty King George III 1773-1774.

Ingredients: A blend of superior teas from Darjeeling, India and Ceylon.
Tin of loose tea, 4 oz.

bought the Twinings gunpoder green tea, and twinings earl grey and lady earl grey to see the diff between the two, will look after a bin of english breakfast one for the blacks beside the earl and lady