European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

BL Domestic Goddess & Amoeba Thread

koneko

Bluelight Crew
I feel us domestic goddesses types need a "house" management thread :)

Ya know, best way to tackle a double duvet cover while stoned, hoovering on G, polishing the silver on MDPV, emptying the cat litter tray on opium kinda thing 8)

There's also removing stains, budgeting for feeding the family, vibrators in the dishwasher etc =D

What you think? Mileage here?

Do you know you can use vinegar instead of fabric conditioner in the washing machine haha ;)

Oh what a good idea!

domesticgoddess.png

Haha duvet covers are a bitch...I also have the cat to contend with who loves bed changing time and usually gets himself trapped under the fitted bottom sheet and refuses to come out :!

Recently become OCD about a few stains on my cream carpet, blame the man as it's Guinness, been scrubbing at it with all sorts of chemicals every day nearly now - I shall fucking win I shall :X ...possibly alloy cleaner may work ;)

Aye, you don't want to be putting a rabbit in the dishwasher - fucks with the battery compartment :| not in a good way either :D

I love that pic Cherry, especially the hand holding the bottle of wine, somewhat familiar that one! =D

Yayy - great thread idea!!!

This thread shall be the most awesome thread ever spun!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a super king size bed that must come with a SUPER king size duvet. Roby CANNOT put this on himself.

I, no matter HOW fucked, can still get it on all by myself!!! I sometimes end up actually INSIDE the duvet cover on top of the duvet itself but in the end I always win!!!

Haha! mugabe managed to find a single sheet and nearly fit it to our double bed. He also proudly took the duvet cover off me once with a "let me show you how it's done" air. No, he couldn't put it on. Top marks for trying though %)

Don't go to Tesco on G. It was a nice day, I fancied a walk and needed some milk... I came back with a GBL "food kit" -- 3 packs of "bacon bites" (they were on offer!), a mozzarella ball and a tin of beans... add microwave, eat! Mmm low quality meat.

Oh - if your bread always goes mouldy before you finish it, put it in the damn fridge. It seems to produce shock and horror -- yes, it dries it out - but stale > mouldy, and if you toast it you can't tell.

Shopping on any kinda munchies is always a bad idea - good fun at the time mind =D but I always come back with all sorts of weird shit 8) but no milk....

I'm a compulsive "lister" and like to menu plan so I buy what's needed, have minimal waste (man do I fucking hate chucking food out) and it's very budget friendly :)

Means more money for droogz! %)

Stardrops is a great cleaner - cleans everything so you don't need 10 million bottle of kitchen, bathroom etc etc stuff. I don't think you can drink it to get fucked though....:p

businessdesk__1218179925_stardrops.jpg

Lists! I am forever making lists. I love lists!

There's a shopping list sitting in the glove shelf of Squids car. It's from our last shopping trip. I left it there by mistake, but the useful thing is, I can just pull it out next time we go!

Don't go to Tesco on G. It was a nice day, I fancied a walk and needed some milk... I came back with a GBL "food kit" -- 3 packs of "bacon bites" (they were on offer!), a mozzarella ball and a tin of beans.

omg this is pure gold, hahaha =D hmmm, i actually kinda miss tesco.

kate, try windex for the guinness stain. we've found it to be a great all-purpose cleaner in our flat. it's not just for mirrors!

You might have a "Fresh and Easy" near you which is owned by Tesco. Never been to a Tesco so I don't know how they compare.

What a useful thread! I have nothing to contribute but plenty to learn :(

Duvet covers are a fucking pain, never seem to go on right at all, evil things. Yet women seem to able to wave a magic wand and it all goes together perfectly, not managed to figure out the secret yet.

it's Guinness, been scrubbing at it with all sorts of chemicals every day nearly now - I shall fucking win I shall :X ...possibly alloy cleaner may work ;)

I've got Guinness stains all over the crotch area of my cords. ;)

I actually do.

^ I believe that - I'm surprised you felt you had reconfirm your original statement.

I'm now allegedly a domestic goddess ( actually I'd prefer to be a domestic god) it's hard going psychologically as I have to listen to the hoover droning endlessly as I type pointless shite on my keyboard.

HOWEVER - I shall hoover when I decide & not to anyones elses schedule - when I worked I did not arise out of bed & demand "why is the hoovering not done" not once not ever.

appererntly if you cover your windows with cling film it keeps the place warm and saves on electrisity bills..must look a bit odd though!

my boyfriend from Aus, is use to living with water shortages and never uses warm water, boils the kettle for washing up and shaving...im not sure if that saves much power though...

vinegar is meant to be good to clean windows with

and wine is meant to counter balance each other on the carpet, e.g drop red wine, put white wine and soap on it to clean...

oh and if you have oily hands wash them under the tap with a spoonful of sugar in your hand!!

haha

and wine is meant to counter balance each other on the carpet, e.g drop red wine, put white wine and soap on it to clean

In my extensive (clumsy) experience of spilling wine on my own and other people carpets I can undoutable say that the best way to get rid of a red wine spill is:

1. Post spill jump to action ASAP
2. Get several clean tea towels and soak up the red wine, using your foot for pressure.
3.Keep doing this until no more damp stuff comes onto tea, then move on kitchen paper to be double sure.
4. This should have got out of the tanins from the carpets.
5. With the now fairly low end stain dilute with water and repeat steps 2. and 3.
6. Leave to dry and you should be left stain free.

White wine method does not work (and never add red wine to a white wine spill :)), and the salt method to soak up the tanins also doesn't work.

----------------

Another good tips to remove blue tack stains and crayon from walls/furniture is to use WD40. Works a treat!

Or a much better alternative is no carpets, or otherwise have dark rugs / carpet and just get someone else to do the steam cleaning a couple of times a year.

I swear if I didn't live in such a shoebox sized unit then I would just hire a cleaner once a week to do our cleaning and washing. It's actually not that expensive to do, and lets face it time is better spent doing something other than cleaning.

Time for a wine.

Hello Goddesses and confused men, how can I stop my damn room getting so dusty? It's a considerable size, quite airy and has wooden floors and the dust WON'T. GO. AWAY. I have asthma and am quite allergic to the stuff so this sucks. My best friend also has this problem with her living room and it has led her to dance about like a mad-woman squirting the cat's spray bottle into the air and shouting 'LOOK, IT'S SETTLING, IT'S SETTLING!'

Thanks in advance,

Love snolly x

I've got Guinness stains all over the crotch area of my cords. ;)

You can rub that stain ooot yerself surely 8) haha

^ I believe that - I'm surprised you felt you had reconfirm your original statement.

I'm now allegedly a domestic goddess ( actually I'd prefer to be a domestic god) it's hard going psychologically as I have to listen to the hoover droning endlessly as I type pointless shite on my keyboard.

HOWEVER - I shall hoover when I decide & not to anyones elses schedule - when I worked I did not arise out of bed & demand "why is the hoovering not done" not once not ever.

B9 gorgeous domestic GOD <3... get yourself a new pinny pet and it'll all feel much better. Now for "schedules" you need to be on step ahead here and of course you've made your own one up and it's better that the previous one...or someit like that! =D

My best friend also has this problem with her living room and it has led her to dance about like a mad-woman squirting the cat's spray bottle into the air and shouting 'LOOK, IT'S SETTLING, IT'S SETTLING!'

I'd say she's onto something there fellow wivie :D You'll always get dust, it comes off us humans as well as an assortment of other "interesting things"

What about household budgeting - anyone do that? I'm a ruthless financial manager, years of being a single parent taught me well. I itemise all my income and expenditure and juggle when necessary! If I had a tenner left and had to feed a family of 6 for a week I could do it =D (*kate having show off moment*)

This thread is making me sound like a right nutter but honestly I'm not a stepford wife 8( far from it....

Amen, brother :|

We domestic gods need to stick together ;)

One of youse come and hoover my room then it's starting to resemble a crypt or museum or other dusty location.

Museums are all bright & sparkly these days full of ambient lighting & scowling underpaid cleaners - the museums you refer to are from the past snolly. I cannot come & hoover your house (whoever much i may/or may not want to) as the whole plan is econmically unviable.

Fishface might do it tho - he's got months more training under his belt than i have. I think I'm becoming a problem student in the domestic duties class.